I find this interesting

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by papasmoke, Mar 26, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Versus1992"']

haven't thought about it that way before makes sense but we won't be dominating for long in the grand scheme of things[/quote]

Nah, we probably will be. If we eat up our resources, we might stumble, but we'll find a way. There'd have to be something massive to wipe us out in full, at once, like a comet or nuclear war, but even then there'd be a chance for survivors. We'd just have to adapt to the new life style, and humans are good at out sourcing adaptation.

We'd have to be replaced by a different top predator and that would have to involve other worldly beings, but with an infinite universe, there's nothing on Earth other than specific life forms that can't be found in more abundance elsewhere.

2. do you think that if there ended up being another species dominating, that we would co-exist?

3. [quote name='"Versus1992"']

do you think that if there ended up being another species dominating, that we would co-exist?[/quote]

Depends on the mindset at the time, but probably not. There are species that don't even pose a threat to over throwing us n we don't let them in our territory. We're predators, predators don't enjoy having another predator living side by side. Some people would be ok with it, but the general feeling probably wouldn't be good. We have to cohabitate with each other before we can with anything else..

4. Pretty good read. I wouldn't be too fond of having six miles of water above me though. Not to mention there's probably massive, undiscovered creatures roaming down there, unable to come any closer to the surface due to their adaption to the pressures at that depth. I would imagine running into something like that would be one discovery I wouldn't want to be present for.

5. Why haven't any photos been released?