I find it funny...

Discussion in 'General' started by ZihgZag, May 23, 2012.

1. How every job that doesn't require massive amounts of schooling is stuck at minimum wage. It's like the default, no companies even attempt to pay more than that. They sit there and go "well we HAVE to pay them $7 an hour, so I guess that's what we'll pay."

If minimum wage didn't exist we would all be making $3 an hour, there's not a doubt it my mind.

The whole system is built to keep everyone down. How in the fuck are you supposed to advance in society making $7.25 an hour with taxes taken out on top of that?

Did you know that if minimum wage kept up with inflation we would be making close to $21 an hour?

Did you know that there are basically no negative effects to raising the minimum wage? Do the research yourself

There's plenty of money to go around. They just don't have any interest in giving it to you.

I can't believe how we just idly accept this shit. If minimum wage was 21 an hour I bet you this country would be a very very different place.

Would the rich have less money? Sure. But honestly who gives a fuck about the rich?

2. Obviously don't go to rightwing.com or conservativescentral.net or republicans4U.org to look up facts because this is what you'll find.

WHAAAAAA DON'T TAKE THE RICH'S, I MEAN THE JOB CREATOR'S MONEY! THEY NEED THAT SO THEY CAN CONTINUE DOING ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS THAT YOU NEVER SEE, HEAR ABOUT, OR BENIFIT FROM. IF YOU RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE THEY'LL HAVE TO DRIVE A PORSCHE INSTEAD OF A ROLLS ROYCE.

It's all a scam folks. I gurentee you if the min wage was doubled nothing but good things would come from it

3. Finally someone understands this. Very informative. Well put together.

4. I find it funny that no one listens to economists...Think about it.

We shouldn't be in this financial bullshit we're in today if they had listened to the economists warnings years ago, durin' the Bush terms no one listened to them...It's no different now, other than Obama has to soften up the crowd and act like he knows what he is talkin' about.

Politicians have been greedy and stupid for quite some time now and we have given them the power to do what they want, essentially. We watched as they passed stupid tax law after stupid tax law and now we wonder why we are poor...We should have brought these questions up a long time ago is what I'm sayin'.:cool:

5. Well i don't find this funny at all.

6. [quote name='"Stoned Fox"']

Finally someone understands this. Very informative. Well put together.[/quote]

Thank you :)

7. [quote name='"OscarZetaAcosta"']I find it funny that no one listens to economists...Think about it.

We shouldn't be in this financial bullshit we're in today if they had listened to the economists warnings years ago, durin' the Bush terms no one listened to them...It's no different now, other than Obama has to soften up the crowd and act like he knows what he is talkin' about.

Politicians have been greedy and stupid for quite some time now and we have given them the power to do what they want, essentially. We watched as they passed stupid tax law after stupid tax law and now we wonder why we are poor...We should have brought these questions up a long time ago is what I'm sayin'.:cool:[/quote]

Doesn't mean it can't be fixed. Nothing is stopping them from changing the min wage except for false beliefs and money

8. [quote name='"sir bagel"']Well i don't find this funny at all.[/quote]

Neither do I.

I meant in a sick, twisted, sarcastic kind of way

9. If you don't like it, just make self income. I never work for no one else but myself. I am my own boss. So far, its making me successful.

Ball Hard, Party Hard

10. #10 ZihgZag, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
    [quote name='"YMrastaboi530"']If you don't like it, just make self income. I never work for no one else but myself. I am my own boss. So far, its making me successful.

Ball Hard, Party Hard[/quote]

We all make "self income".

However if the min wage was higher you would be making more 'self income'.

Wouldn't that be nice?

11. Actually would still be the same. I can't discuss my business on here due to the rules but I also scrap metal, build water turbelances for people who want to save money on electric and numerous of other self income jobs. You can get 1lb of gold, silver and platinum for every ton of ewaste. So far, I've gotten couple lbs. 1oz of gold is $1500-$1800. I got a i believe around 3-4lbs. Do the math. All that one less than 6 months. As for the water turbine generator...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpBXNSmOpWI]12 kW Micro-Hydro Turbines - Algonquin Eco-Lodge - YouTube[/ame]

It not me but that what I build.

12. It can be fixed...But that wasn't my point, and fixin' it is a really, really long and unnecessary road.

My point was that none of it should have happened...Economists to this day still dispute the minimum wage because it is counter-productive to the group-goal that every economy has, which is to grow. Our minimum wage has been setup to insure that people still live in the ghettos, which leads to desperation, which leads to crime...This insures that we as American's must have a police force to watch over us and control us.

We have essentially been built into an extremely large prison system and the good prisoners are the ones with all the money. I saw it happenin' back in the 80's and 90's when you started seein' a lot of silly shit, like the FCC, MPAA and so on. Control measures put in place because we were not responsible enough to make good decisions, now they are convincing us that we are not responsible enough to make any good decisions.

Everythin' in this country thus far has been setup as a means of control over the people, pretty much since the late 70's. No man should ever have this much power over another man, this is why our country was founded, this is the beatin' vein of our country...No man should have this much power over me, or anyone else.

Now we have to beat back from a financial collapse that should not of happened in the first place...So now, instead of smoothly goin' uphill we get to trudge our asses up the mountain and hope we don't fall down in the middle. The fuckin' government is embarassin', just look at how they have handled this situation...They threw money at debt, payed our credit off with our credit cards. Fuckin' stupid, man.:cool:

13. I agree with everything you say, but I never thought about that part.
    It's rekindled my anger at the system.

14. This country was built on free labor and they've been trying to go back to that ever since. The end of overtime, the vanishing benefits, just all this shit, and now here's a video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q]George Carlin ~ The American Dream - YouTube[/ame]

15. [quote name='"YMrastaboi530"']

Actually would still be the same. I can't discuss my business on here due to the rules but I also scrap metal, build water turbelances for people who want to save money on electric and numerous of other self income jobs. You can get 1lb of gold, silver and platinum for every ton of ewaste. So far, I've gotten couple lbs. 1oz of gold is $1500-$1800. I got a i believe around 3-4lbs. Do the math. All that one less than 6 months. As for the water turbine generator...

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpBXNSmOpWI

It not me but that what I build.[/quote]

If everyone is making more money you make more money.

That's cool man, but that shit takes knowledge and skills that nobody wants to share with others (you being a prime example). Along with startup money that nobody has.

A pound of gold for a ton of waste? Waste what? Metal? Trash? Water?

I highly doubt you're making ~ $100,000 in 6 months off of scrap

16. #16 YMrastaboi530, May 23, 2012
    e-waste, electronic waste. ALL electronic has silvers and gold. Harddrives has platinum. Research and you'll find out. You dip them in acid bath to remove precious metal. And you can doubt all you want bro, idgaf. I work my ass off collect tons of tons of broken or unused electronics. Even copper AND aluminum make good money, a truckload of it is couple grand.

17. [quote name='"OscarZetaAcosta"']

It can be fixed...But that wasn't my point, and fixin' it is a really, really long and unnecessary road.

My point was that none of it should have happened...Economists to this day still dispute the minimum wage because it is counter-productive to the group-goal that every economy has, which is to grow. Our minimum wage has been setup to insure that people still live in the ghettos, which leads to desperation, which leads to crime...This insures that we as American's must have a police force to watch over us and control us.

We have essentially been built into an extremely large prison system and the good prisoners are the ones with all the money. I saw it happenin' back in the 80's and 90's when you started seein' a lot of silly shit, like the FCC, MPAA and so on. Control measures put in place because we were not responsible enough to make good decisions, now they are convincing us that we are not responsible enough to make any good decisions.

Everythin' in this country thus far has been setup as a means of control over the people, pretty much since the late 70's. No man should ever have this much power over another man, this is why our country was founded, this is the beatin' vein of our country...No man should have this much power over me, or anyone else.

Now we have to beat back from a financial collapse that should not of happened in the first place...So now, instead of smoothly goin' uphill we get to trudge our asses up the mountain and hope we don't fall down in the middle. The fuckin' government is embarassin', just look at how they have handled this situation...They threw money at debt, payed our credit off with our credit cards. Fuckin' stupid, man.:cool:[/quote]

Word I agree.

I'm not trying to hate on republicans but their policies have royally fucked us over.

Mr. Reagan and his "lets spend tons of money and keep the taxes low" resulted in the biggest deficit increase in US history.

Followed by bush's "let's start a war and then pass tax cuts during it, causing financial collapse just in time for a dem president to take over so we can blame it all on him."

It's like nobody understands that taxes are what makes the deficit drop. But all the money is now locked up in the rich's bank accounts because of these massive tax breaks. And we can't legally get it back because they earned it legally.

One way to fix it is prying the money out of them with minimum wage.

18. Sigh.

If minimum wage kept up with inflation, things would cost 3x if not more than what they do now, seeing as minimum wage is roughly 1/3 of $21. All raising minimum wage does is increase the cost of goods.

Actually having no minimum wage would be better, since companies wouldn't have a default number to point to and say "that's you wage". People would have more freedom to negotiate since they wouldn't be locked into an arbitrary number.

Lastly, almost, if not all minimum wage jobs are low skill/low labor. The days of people dropping out of high school to work at GM for $40 a fucking hour for turning screws are over and should have never happened to begin with. The reason you get paid for working jobs that require college degrees is because you have more skills than the average person, and companies know a college education ain't free.

19. [quote name='"YMrastaboi530"']

e-waste, electronic waste. ALL electronic has silvers and gold. Harddrives has platinum. Research and you'll find out. You dip them in acid bath to remove precious metal. And you can doubt all you want bro, idgaf. I work my ass off collect tons of tons of broken or unused electronics. Even copper make good money, a truckload of it is couple grand.[/quote]

This is all very vague. You would have to find a shit ton of this waste. And companies exist that already do that, why would they want me instead of them?

Like I said, it requires skills and knowledge that nobody wants to teach.

That's like me telling you "yeah man, just become a rocket scientist. I've been doing it for years and I make a ton of money."

20. #20 PsilocinTHC, May 23, 2012
    How is that keeping up with inflation? What you say makes little sense.