i finally quit smoking cigarettes:)

Discussion in 'General' started by ArizonaToker, Dec 27, 2010.

1. im on day 3 now and doing fine. after i learned that cravings only last around 5 mins and most all the nicotine is out of your body in 3 days i decided why not. im visiting at my dads in florida and he said if he cought me smoking he would break my teeth lol so after having to go on walks in the freezing cold i decided i dont want anything to have a hold of me like that. i dont want to be a DRUG addict anymore wich is what every cigarette smoker is. its pretty hard watching dad smoke down newport 100's and having cartons in the house. but if i can make it through this i can any cigarette situation. also they contribute to depression and anxiety wich i dont need to mess with. i forgot i could feel this good and its only the 3rd day. best xmas gift i could give myself:hello:

2. it's not over yet

good luck

3. its over when i say it is, im stronger than a cigg.

thank you

4. Hell yeah man, that's a good attitude for quitting. I never really smoke cigs, but a lot of my friends do, and they can't quit..I wish you the best of luck man

5. its already in the bagg. i posted that i was on facebook the first day and like 30 of my friends liked the status so i feel like im not doin it just for me but them to and for anyone who doubts my will powaaa! thanks bro

6. Awesome job man. That's less tar in your lungs and more money in your pocket. I've been trying to quit for like two years now

7. thanks alot i appreciate that. i think i caan help you if you want it. what all made it so easy was
    1. setting a time a head and knowing your gonna stop cold turkey that day, its like your preparing for somthing huge so when you do quit and the cravings come its less then what you expected making it easier.
    2. everytime i get a craving i either slam a huge glass of water, start doing pushups, or think of my dream car. so i have a stratigy for no matter what im doing at the time
    3. knowing that after 21 days it will be more natural not to smoke than to smoke

this also helped me
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ii_n-hkcMk]YouTube - Guaranteed No Acne Breakouts After Quitting Smoking Using The NLP Method[/ame]

8. good shit man

we are heavy smokers. By we i mean, myself, my cousin and our friends. We always smoke boges waiting to cop bud, while rolling bud, and after smoking bud. We go through a pack a day maybe 2 days max. My uncle after 40 years of smoking and several times trying to quit has been going strong 20 days now. Its all about the mentality your in, and you seem like your in the best mentality to quit.

Cant half ass it. You cant say ok ill try to quit because a few days later youll pick up a boge.

9. I'll quit when I'm ded.

But congrats to you.

10. its like 99 percent mental, you think your being deprived when you dont smoke but thats just the drug tricking you when really your giving more to yourself by not smoking.

you gotta commit to it like you would going to the military or somthing, you cant go visit the army haa either your with it or not

11. #11 MakinTreesGrow, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    congratulations man:) ciggs are the worst, i'm making it my new year resolution to quit, we'll see how that goes. But seriously craving can last a long time so you haven't won yet, but you got the right attitude. Best of luck.

12. I don't know if you go to wimp.com but there was a video on quitting that made the most sense to me. Basically it was how to teach yourself that there are no benefits to smoking. Like if you smoke for stress, he shows you how it causes more stress. I'm on my phone so I can't post a link

13. i used to think that, i used to be like i wanna die young anyways and shit. then i saw some pictures of a guy dying in a hospital bed with his healthy son and wife next to him that changed my perspective a little. plus you get way more baaabes;) its an instant cock block more than not.

14. it was gonna be my resolution to, but i realized there was no point in waiting, i quit xmas day. nope the actual cravings really only last 3-5 minutes, if you dont cant control what you think about and dwell on than you can make a craving last all day

15. I smoked from 6th grade to tenth pack a day about...I quit , greatest thing ever...cold turkey, I kind of replaced them with weed, but thats O.K

if you haven't been smoking long, I wouldn't say you were addicted

but cool of you for quitting

I liked em, but I realized there was no point, I wasn't getting high, I was wasting like 50$ a week on them fucking things
    I have more money, more weed

my clothes dont stank

16. i smoked from the summer after 10th grade til now end of my senior year. i HATE how my hands smell after smoking. wasnt smoking as long as you but i deff was addicted

17. Oh you don't say? Smoking weeds out the people I don't want to hang around. :shrug:

18. Same for me, but with weed. It's stupid to use that with ciggs lol. Like you don't smoke cigarettes?! I don't want anything to do with you! Haa no

19. #19 Twist3d, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    Congratz dude! thats awesome! cigs suck so hard, waste of money, time, no benefits and BIG DAMAGE LONG TERM USE... Im happy for u dude! keep it strong! :D:hello::wave::smoke:

20. I quit that shit recently too. After a simple four-day sleepover at my cousin's.