1. Win a Cloud Pen 3.0 Vaporizer Bundle Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

I Finally Found A "SHORTERM" Solution For My Misophonia!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Backa_, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Okay for the people that don't know what Misophonia is!
    Misophonia is a condition in which a person reacts extremely negatively to certain sounds that most people take little or no notice of for example eating, chewing gum etc
    Do you have an intense emotional reaction to hearing someone eating with their mouth open, sneezing, coughing, sniffling, chewing gum or throat-clearing? Do you feel enraged when you hear repetitive noises like tapping, the clicking of a pen, typing on a keyboard or hearing other sounds that make you want to run away or even lash out at the source of the sound? Have you wondered why you experience these reactions… have sensitivities to certain sounds… and wonder if you are the only one who has these problems? When your trigger events occur, does it seem like other people don’t take any notice of the sounds that affect you so strongly?
    My Story!
    At the age of 12 - 13 I remember eating at the dinner table one evening when me and my sister were arguing. She started loudly chomping and chewing her food on purpose didn't think much of it.
    Few weeks later we're aruging again at the dinner table and she does it, It started to just annoy me! I remember asking my mum to tell her to stop... She didn't (now she's realised it's a way to annoy me and uses it to her advantage) over time it became worse! She was the only triggering person (from eating, to typing on them horrible Black Berry Phones etc) until one night around when I was 15 I got annoyed at something I was doing with my bike then suddenly I picked up on my mums nail biting and the noise related to it! At this point no one else triggered me just my mum and sister! One day at school I was in Maths and our new teacher who was newish and didn't speak fluent English, I was asking him for help and he kept ignoring me! I started getting pissed off with him and just in general feeling angry... Sitting there I began to pickup on the repetative sound of my mate snorting or sniveling at it started to distract me! This is where my school life went into decline from a top grade student to an underachieving distracted student! I picked up so many triggers in lessons that it was unbearable. Luckily I was picked from a load of people down in the South West of the UK to be apart of this trial thing within the NHS! My CBT person that did all the tests and stuff liased with the school into putting me in a small enviroment on my own! Yayy I was finally picking my grades up again! Then after the summer holidays we find out we've got new head... Didn't think much of it until he shut down the unit I was in! He doesn't believe in mental health issues! All the staff that supported me he laid off my whole world went to shit! I was forced into lessons again! So I dropped out of school. We started getting letters saying my mums going to court and stuff! Luckily I still had my social worker and Youth worker that some how pulled strings caused a massive shitstorm at the school with the head! That was the last time I went in... I stayed home and self taught myself most things to do with computers, networking and servers not going into detail to keep it short *cough* *cough* already to long! I am now even considering starting college although I'll have to go in stoned and come home stoned :smiley-rolling-joint:
    Recent Discovery!
    So my recent discovery! Recently I was down my friends and one of them started triggering me with their nail biting! I went home once it got to much. The next day I go back over stoned on some Hybrid or Indica couln't really tell and I don't know what strain! (part of the reason the government need to wake up and take a note out of DC's book) and while I noticed it! It barely annoyed me! I was to distracted doing other things:popcorn:So now with my recent discovery I'm applying back to my local college! Just gotta be careful on them "breaks" ya feel me! I would love to hear your stories about the medical benefits especially for Misophonia/SPD

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Galaxy420, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

Meditation... it is your most beneficial way to train your habits, train your reactions, train your brain... they say thirty days of continually doing something creates a habit... stick with a daily regimen for at least thirty days... this is the tricky part because you will become excessively aware of sounds etc while meditating... the great thing is in that calm state you see and know what you're aware of and have calm and certain control of what you let in... just do not let your mind wander to much and keep it tuned to your betterment and the betterment of your fellow man! before long you will hear noisy sounds that once distracted you and laugh at them

edit- you may need a guided meditation to start with and get comfortable meditating and then switch over to focusing on your issue at hand

3. Wow never even thought about that! I just saw it as something that could mask my issues. I think I'm definitley gonna give this a go, thank you so much!

4. #4 Galaxy420, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    If I help you in any way please Hug someone ( and mean it!) for me... that is all I ask.. While you are there listen deeply to their heart and you can heal Brother
    Please check out Cymatics... "the crystal with sound input upon the sand on the plates experiment" and, original Sanskrit language actually resonated with forms/shapes of the sound used to spell the language!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Sorry for the late reply I've been pretty busy with work. I will do It's defintley improved although sometimes I might get grouchy if I haven't smoked in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  6. late reply here too, a few other knowledge access portals for your consideration...

cannabimimetic phytochemicals in the diet – an evolutionary link to food selection and metabolic stress adaptation?
    Cannabimimetic phytochemicals in the diet – an evolutionary link to food selection and metabolic stress adaptation?

Black pepper ( whole peppercorns)
    Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid

Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid

7. Thank you I'll have a look now

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You