I finally figured life out

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GiraffeAss, Jan 28, 2012.

1. It's all about Karma, Positivity, believing in yourself, and staying away from the negative bullshit.

A couple months ago, July, I was involved in something pretty stupid and was facing a Felony. Probably one of the hardest times in my life, Eventually, through the BS and court dates, I was let off with a Misdemeanor(Due to the fact that my lawyer was a family friend) and community service hours.

Through all of that I thought I was done smoking marijuana, because I thought that's what got me here, that's what led my family to not trust me and no longer want anything to do with me. But I didn't give a fuck I kept skipping school(With only a couple of months to graduate, because I was graduating early), I kept smoking, and Kept doing stupid shit. Continuing to indulge my life with negative energy, and unnecessary stress.

One day I said fuck it, and skipped school all day to smoke with my "friends" because I thought what's the worse that could happen right? Well as we were smoking I realized I wasn't experiencing the normal high, I was getting depressed, anxious sorta, and started dwelling on everything that had happened over the last year, and started asking my self how the hell did things get this bad? I started thinking about the things that I needed to do to turn my life around, and NOW, before I went to far. I went from being a smart kid to a weed smoking, felony facing, statistic. I went home and contemplated suicide. Probably the lowest point of my entire life.

After that day, I started doing the things I had needed to do, Gaining my familys trust back and Not to mention I stopped smoking weed for about two months and finally graduated highschool! Thank god, because if I would've stayed I don't think id be here writing this. I started doing community service at a local radio station where I basically get to decide the music (HipHop/Rap) that gets played on the radio late at night. Sweet right? But a couple days ago I got a letter in the mail from a college I got accepted to, and I started reminiscing on where my life is headed and the past. At that moment I decided I was finally in control of my life, and hit my gf up (she's smokes), to see if she would smoke me up. She thought I was joking because she knows my journey and how I stopped smoking, and was completely supportive. But thank god she said yes, I got to her apartment and we smoke a blunt, its like my very first time smoking, I don't feel anything. On my way back to my house I'm staring in the rearview, and all of a sudden I smile, I'M FUCKING HIGH. It had creeped on me, and I called my gf to tell her, we laugh, but as I'm driving I realized this was on of the most intense highs Ive ever experienced, sort of like your first Bong hit. And I was enjoying every minute of it, happy, laughing my ass off, and even picked up some Chik-fil-a. I wasn't dwelling on anything I had to do, worried about BS, or how I'm gonna lie out of a situation because I didn't fucking need to. I had my life straight, in order, and was in complete control.

I realized how I turned my life around, and I finally understood what people mean when they say if you really want something its yours. Because all it took was Positive energy, beleiving in myself, and dedication. My Great-Grandfather before he did told me " If I have faith, moving a mountain across the ocean, would be as easy as snapping my fingers.

TLDR: Have faith, surround yourself in positive energy, remove yourself from negative BS, work hard and anything you want will come to you

Thanks for reading blades.

P.S: Im high writing this, listening to Nas's Illmatic

2. Good deal man. I'm happy that your life has turned around for you.

It's good to see that a fellow blade has started to make something of himself.

3. I would agree to some extent. When you start to see that the negativity and bullshit is everywhere, constantly invading your personal space, things look a lot less positive. So, as of late, I'm stuck in the middle. Not an optimist, or a pessimist, but a self-proclaimed realist.

4. I'd like to share my brother's story.

He flunked out of college in his first year after blowing his 3.3 High School GPA and a year of tuition because he partied every day and skipped class. The next couple years of his life were full of depression, bad vibes and broken laws. Street Racing for money and snorting unmentionables were a large part of his life at this point. He eventually moved to Staten Island and began a career on Wall Street as an intern for a hedge fund. 5 years later, he is a successful Stock Broker and is actually making arrangements to start his own Hedge Fund. He is the most successful person I know and is my major positive influenece in life.

And he also smokes 3 blunts a day.

5. your stories touching, but i prefer committing felonies erryday. smoke weed and do felonies erryday!

jking....or am i....
    brb i have to go..not commit a felony..

6. Glad u found urself...knowledge is power and a college education is something no one can take away from you...do it now.

7. I have a similar story but weed is actually what inspired me and showed me the way. Regardless you're right with everything you said. Everyone you meet, to some extent, has a negative impact on your life in the sense that everyone perceives you differently..Therefore you try to be what each of those people want, never truly being you. And until you just let go of all the bullshit we get wrapped up in, we never just live.

8. I went through...how can i put it....some form of coming of age rebellion myself. From my early teens to about the age of 17. I wont go into the details of some of the things i did, as i dont like to dwell on them. However in a way i'm glad i went through that patch as it has made me the person i am today.
    Im now a much more thoughtfull and spiritually orientated person. Weed has been a constant however and its never been a problem.
    However i have experience them ''depression'' highs before. Its not nice.

9. No it aint, life is about one thing and one thing only- Passing on your genes or in other words its all about the PUSSAY PATROL!

10. the true meaning of life is that god gave us the gift of ignorance, because knowing everything would suck.

11. love and light

12. Had something of the same recently.

More about the decisions I'm making, and a restructuring of my life.

Friday night was the culmination of all of the shit I've been doing. I was sober at that point, but I was still a complete and utter dumbass.

I was driving at 5 am, tired off my ass from smoking since 11, locking myself out of my car, having to go home and back, drop 3 people off, yadda yadda. I knew I was really tired, but it never clicked that I shouldn't be driving. My eyes drooping shut, leaning in and out of lanes on the highway.

I was going probably sixty, and bam. My eyes shut, and I hit the side of the concrete wall. I was fine, but the car was clunking, and it felt like my axle was bent and the car was having to go over it. I pulled off to the side, and looked at the car. Couldn't see anything wrong, just a smashed hubcap, so I decided to see if it would drive. Not happening.

I had to call my mom. Here's where I made huge dumbass mistake #2. I told her that it was a hit and run. She came out to find me, and pulled over in front of me. The cops showed up 10 minutes later because of the two cars, assuming an accident.

They asked what happened, and I told them the same shit about the hit and run. (Still in shock, damage control, whatever. Still retarded). They looked at the car, and said, "You know, this doesn't look like another car, this looks like a wall...Son, is that really what happened? I know your mom's here, but now's the time to stop lying and come clean."

"Yeah...I hit the wall. Probably a quarter mile back." Those words are stuck with me now - and it wasn't even just admitting that I fucked up then. It was admitting all of the fuck ups that I've done in the past six months.

The cop was incredibly nice to me - didn't charge me with a false report, didn't yell at me, didn't check me for alcohol (none), didn't search the car (phew, even though I wasn't high at the time).

My parents were incredibly understanding (my dad totalled a car at 17 as well), I told them I'd do everything to pay them back for the damage (hello tons of work hours for money I don't get), and truly have learned my lesson.

They let me back out last night (I don't have a curfew, but last night was different) - and my two buddies couldn't make it to a party/chill out thing, so I ended up being the only guy. I could have gotten with 4 different girls, but my parents told me that I had to be home by 1. I was fairly drunk after 9 or 10 shots and some beer (I'm pretty big at 6'5 though), but I still made the right choice, and got a sober driver home.

I'm turning my shit around - gonna stop just smoking weed and bumming around. I'm done with the random bullshit lies. I'm gonna graduate with the 3.8 I've been carrying, I'm gonna get into college, and I'm gonna do well in basketball. I'm still going to smoke weed, I'm still going to drink, and I'm still gonna party with my friends, but its different now. My heads clear, and I'm just glad I've been granted the chance to fuck up now, and learn from that shit so that I don't end up killing myself in the future.

To anyone who actually read that, thank you, it just really helps me to be able to write my thoughts down to a group who may or may not read it, but it helps me to say it, and it feels good to know if even one person read it.

13. nothing will last

14. The true meaning of life is pussy. Lots of pussy. Pussy to fuck. Pussy to eat. Pussy and more pussy. Thats all you really need.....that and some weed.

15. God is peace, karma and love bro. i like your quote... "If you have faith, moving a mountain across the ocean, would be as easy as snapping my fingers."

16. Take the good with the bad

17. ^ This :wave:

18. BOLD
    :smoke: