I finally did it.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by XVIPimp, Dec 27, 2008.

1. I broke up with my girl tonight.

I don't want to go in too many details about everything, but long story short, at the end of the school year she is moving to NY. There is no way in hell I would ever move to NY, and I don't want her to change her mind about going when the time comes.

We both knew that it would eventually be this way. It wasn't set it stone, but she had already been planning on doing this for a long while before she ever met me.

At first it didn't bother me at all about her eventually moving away, but as time passed by and we got really close, it was on my mind a lot. In fact, I kind of wanted to do this a while back, but then her bday was around the corner, then TGiving, then X-Mas.

When I first woke up today that was the first thing that popped in my mind. That I needed to just do it and get it over with so I can be at peace with the whole situation. I'll admit, it's a relief, but I can't help but feel bad :(

She was really understanding about the whole thing. It actually surprised to crap out of me... I wasn't sure how upset she would be, but it definitely made it a lot easier that there was no crying involved. Whoever she does end up with for good is a lucky guy...

We're still going to stay friends and see each other a lot. But this started the opening of me eventually being with someone else.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

2. Man good on you. I'm in a similiar situation, but have only really begun to contemplate the breaking up and am not sure what to do about it. If there really is no future then its something that just has to happen. Its definitely not easy though, but opening the path to moving on, for both of you is the best thing in the long run. So goodluck in the future.