I feel terrible about myself...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MoeHawk96, Apr 6, 2014.

1. So today, as I was driving home from WalMart, I suddenly see a dog running across the road. I could see it from about 200 meters ahead, but due to my poor judgement (I was actually completely sober when this happened), I slammed on my brakes when it was about 30 meters in front of me. This woman on the left side of the road (who I'm assuming is the owner of the dog) was screaming out "OH MY GOD!!" in pure shock and dismay. I managed to hit the dog, however, about two or three seconds after it happened, the dog got up and started running in the opposite direction towards a parking lot. The woman ran after it, and I immediately left the scene. I got home and put my shit away, but I just can't help but feel like a shitty person. I don't know why I didn't slow down as soon as I saw the dog, and that makes me feel extremely stupid. I also feel as if I should have pulled over to help in some way, but the dog ran off and there honestly wasn't much I could do about that... it's not like I meant to hit the thing, but now a creature that's very close to someone's heart, while not dead, could be injured in some way - internal bleeding is definitely a possibility. I know what the obvious response is around here to help me feel better about this, but dammit, this was just too much...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. You are a scum bag.

• Like Like x 9
  3. #3 cball, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    you hit the dog after failing to brake long after seeing it...and then leave the scene... :blink:

you should have stopped and helped get the dog and paid for any vet bills related...you fled to avoid being held accountable... :wacko:

karma is a bitch...soon it could be you getting hit by a car and the driver fleeing the scene...and nobody is there to help you get medical attention. :wave:

edit: if karma does kick in...let us know so we can all laugh.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Dog should have been on a leash. Quit beating yourself up over it. The owner may have learned a very valuable lesson.

• Like Like x 23
  5. The fact that you feel shitty is proof that you aren't a complete piece of shit. However actions speak louder then words/thoughts. It's not too late to try and take responsibility for this but at the very least do what is right next time.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Yeah forreal. Dogs aren't human. They cant roam the streets freely and safely. Dogs fault for being a stupid dog and running in the road.
    Play with fire? Gonna get burned.

• Like Like x 3
  7. did the dogg look like this?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  8. I just don't know what to do guys... I mean, I got back home, and once I Iet myself cool down I drove back to where the incident happened. Parking lot was completely empty. I wish I could go back in time and fix what I did... I suppose I should take it as a valuable lesson to be learned, never doing this again...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yeah for sure that lil guy should have been on a leash. I would have drove it to a vet or whatever but in the situation you described, would not be paying for a vet bill. 

• Like Like x 2
    lol just imagined snoop dawg on all fours dog style runnin across the road. highasfuck

• Like Like x 4
  11. Maybe now the lady will think a little more and not let her dogs run all in the street without a leash. Maybe she'll never go leash less again. It could potentially be an ok thing...

• Like Like x 3
  12. I ran over a dog once, but I was on my bike in the street, in traffic no less.  It's owner let it off the leash and it ran out in the street between two parked cars, right under my wheels.  The dog got up and ran over to it's owner, didn't appear to be hurt at all.  

In your case, it's the owner's fault as well for letting it off the leash.  You should not be the one expected to pay the medical bill for the dog.  As far as stopping, you were shook up and didn't know what to do. 

• Like Like x 2
  13. That's how you learn in life. U put yourself though the hardest situations....totally fuck that up and now your a scumbag......but in 10 15, years when you have a kid you will probably handle the situation better which will be important cause ur kids will see how you behave in those situations

14. You shouldn't have left the scene like that man...

15. #15 4r5t6y7, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    I've done something like this too. Only it was a dog lying on its side directly in my lane. I was going about 60 in a 55 zone. I had no time to stop (it was night time and didn't see it from afar). I was close to tears after I heard a thump. I went home and hugged my dogs so tight and almost cried. But now that I think of it, it could have been a deer. It was pretty big. I hope it was a deer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You see anything up ahead OP that you might hit with your car, be it a pedestrian, another car, a lightpole, dog... you slow down to a point where hitting it involuntarily isn't a possibility. At the end of the day though the dog's fine probably especially if you were close to a stop when it impacted. Next time pay more attention, man. That could've been someone's kid.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lol that is a funny image. Just scurrying across the road like a crackhead or some shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

• Like Like x 2
  18. Your. A. Waste. Of. Life.

19. Hmm sounds like a Freudian slip to me OP ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Ok, it was a very shitty thing to do. We know that, you know that. But man in all honesty, don't beat yourself up too bad over it. A lot of people wouldn't even think twice about it. The difference between you and them is that you actually care about what you did, you have real remorse for it. You even went back to the scene.. So don't beat yourself up too bad man, just learn from it and move on. Try to make up for it somehow. Do some good deeds for people, help someone out. It'll make you feel better. But next time you see someone chasing a dog down the road or if you see your neighbor or some shit chasing their dog, you better help them. Your not a horrible person, you just didn't think your actions all the way through.

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

• Like Like x 1