I feel like shit

Discussion in 'General' started by FuckOffThanks, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Been sort of sick on and off ever since I partied and got drunk Friday night. Right now I'm in bed with a sore throat and a fever. The fever is miserable. I have no advil and no way to drive anywhere right now. How can I naturally lower/relieve my fever? It makes me feel like I'm dying.. I have a cold washcloth on my neck and forehead but I still feel horrible. Thanks GC.

2. Drink water?

3. [quote name='"Krementz"']Drink water?[/quote]

Yeah I need to start drinking a lot. I have some right next to me with some multivitamin powder in it that might help.

4. Just vape and just let your body heal slowly or if you have like family or friends that can pick it up for you, future reference you should always have medicinals other then weed.

5. Smoke weed?
    Ice bath?
    Cold shower?
    Stick your head in a freezer.

6. How many "I'm Sick" threads do you need?

Fever tips: drink as much water as you can, take a cool bath or shower, rest. And ride it out. It's good for the healing process. It'll break sooner or later.

Feel better, brah.

7. [quote name='"AR Toasty"']How many "I'm Sick" threads do you need?

Fever tips: drink as much water as you can, take a cool bath or shower, rest. And ride it out. It's good for the healing process. It'll break sooner or later.

Feel better, brah.[/quote]

Sorry. I forgot about that one. That one was sort of based on being sick at work. Lol. Yeah this really blows.

8. Starting to get anxiety. Been in bed all day sick. Symptoms are very sore throat, very weak and my head feels like shit. Not exactly like a headache, it just feels weird. My neck is sore when I move it around. Might be bcuz I've been in bed all day idk. Just got out of bed for the 2nd time today and when I stood up I felt kind of dizzy and my heart rate was up. Just got out of the shower and feel a bit better... Feel like I could pass out sometimes though. Fever is mostly gone. I'm worried I have west Nile virus or something. Is bit a good sign that I barely have a fever now? Just a sore throat and I fucked up head? It's been such a long time since I've been sick I've forgotten what it feels like
    It's giving me major anxiety bcuz I feel like I'm dying.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using GC Forum

9. Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

10. :laughing: I don't think he has soft tissue damage man

11. You said you have no advil

But do you have tylenol/acetaminophen or aleve/naproxen sodium?

If not, er, keep those cool rags on your forehead / neck. Take a cool bath.

Regularly check your temp and if it goes over 100-101 go to the doctor. Like ASAP

12. [quote name='"StalinApproves"']Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation[/quote]

Lol

[quote name='"Pale Blue Dot"']You said you have no advil

But do you have tylenol/acetaminophen or aleve/naproxen sodium?

If not, er, keep those cool rags on your forehead / neck. Take a cool bath.

Well I really don't have a fever anymore. My dad gave me ibuprofen but I never take meds and I'm worried ill have a bad reaction.

Regularly check your temp and if it goes over 100-101 go to the doctor. Like ASAP[/quote]
    Well I really don't have a fever anymore. My dad gave me ibuprofen but I never take meds and I'm worried ill have a bad reaction.

13. Yeah unless your fever is like 101+, you don't need to break it.

Our bodies produce fever for a reason: to kill off what is making you sick. If it's a moderate fever, just let it do its thing. If it gets above 101, you need to find some way to break it or go to the hospital.

14. Wait so you did have advil.

Oh, okay then. Yeah, advil is fine. You won't have a bad reaction.

15. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']Yeah unless your fever is like 101+, you don't need to break it.

Our bodies produce fever for a reason: to kill off what is making you sick. If it's a moderate fever, just let it do its thing. If it gets above 101, you need to find some way to break it or go to the hospital.[/quote]

I don't have a thermometer :-( how do you break a fever? Also, I'm eating cranberries and fresh garlic cloves now. Garlic is a natural antibiotic.

16. Easiest way to break a fever is an OTC painkiller, like the Ibuprofen that you took.

17. You guys need to stop taking pills for every little thing. Its not healthy just ride it out

18. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

Easiest way to break a fever is an OTC painkiller, like the Ibuprofen that you took.[/quote]

Oh. I didn't take it but if my fever gets rally bad I will. I'm just going to let my body do its thing like you said.

19. Sounds like a good plan. Now just pray you don't have Ebola.

20. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

Sounds like a good plan. Now just pray you don't have Ebola.[/quote]

What's that? I was worried I had west Nile virus but I think if I did I'd have a really bad fever.