I feel like I'm trapped here

Discussion in 'General' started by The Scorpion, Feb 13, 2013.

1. #1 The Scorpion, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
    'Sup my fellow tokers? Wasn't sure where to post or even what the point of this thread is this but here goes: Right now, i'm living in London, finished school with all-passing grades. I'm currently unemployed and pretty broke. My dream is to move to either the west coast of the states or to Canada but it just seems so far I don't know how to get there, I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I really need to leave this place, I don't like it at home at all, I'm 110% ready to pack up and leave my life here at any moment but I have no idea how I would go about moving. I don't have a job and can't find anything where I live, plus the fact that I'm morally against working for ridiculously small amounts of money when the company I work for is making millions off the backs of people like me doesn't help. I'd do something like busking but I never listened to anyone's advice regarding instruments when I was a kid and never really learned anything like that. The people in this town just seem so far from human, they're exactly like zombies, they're all mindless, aggressive, close-minded alcoholic morons and I can't be around them any longer, I need to find a chill 420-friendly and sunny place to live. Somewhere people are still human and not corrupted by "the machine". Or do places like that even exist? Is the grass really greener on the other side? (pun intended)

I don't mean to be negative or anything but I just needed to vent

2. Canada is a beautiful place if you decide to make a big move. To make the best of both worlds, western Canada. Depending on what kind of work you wouldn't mind doing there are jobs to be taken. I'm not certain what it entails to come to Canada, but I'd recommend looking into it.

I packed up and moved as soon as I was done school, best thing I could of done. It was pretty hard at first, but as the weeks went on it got easier and easier. My happiness increased immensely, and when you're happy, life is real good !

3. i live in western canada and its expensive as fuck to live here, I hear places like toronto and other provinces in eastern canada are pretty cheap as far as rent and buying a house goes. Keep that in mind if you decide to move to Canada.

4. I know how you feel except I'm not in London...I'm in fucking NJ :mad: so you don't have it half as bad dude. I kinda wanted to move to Toronto and after reading the pots it' cheaper so win? maybe? My only advice is to save up and look for jobs where you want to be...so you wont be broke as shit when you get there. Don't move to the inland empire in CA too, it was so hard to find a job there dude you have no idea.

5. OP whatever you do, you will need money. So find a way of doing that... no harm in dreaming, or even making them come true. Everything is a process, you just need to find the first step in this process.

6. you wont need too much money. just get yourself over here when winter is over. go somewhere warm, you wont freeze to death and you wont starve. something will work itself out.

7. SAME position OP. In every single sense. LDN is killing me.

Been trying to make a move to the US since I visited there in summer, but it's hard as shit to get a greencard!!

Wherever you decide to go, holla at me and we'll flatshare or something. It'll be crazy.

8. Hey thanks to everyone for your replies, i feel like i'm gonna lose my mind if stay here. Everything is just so wrong, i'm seriously considering just living out of a tent in the woods or something.
    I feel like we've had every last one of our basic human rights violated, you need to pay tax for EVERYTHING, you need a license to hunt and fish, you need to shell out hundreds of thousands if you wanna live off the land. The "people" in charge think they have the right to lay claim to everything and everyone, they have no morals, they're just total scum. And that's just a little bit of what they've taken from us, that don't even scratch the surface. it pisses me off how people think we're free in first world countries, how the fuck can you call this freedom? What pisses me off even more is that we outnumber those cunts 1,000,000 to 1 and we could just end it all so fucking easily but these fucking morons have all been bred to believe that this is okay, that this is just how things have always been and that we need the government. Man fuck that shit, the people who control the world are all murderous, treasonous fucking sociopaths who have SO much blood on their hands, and they can still sleep comfortably at night. Why do i have to bow to laws i never agreed to? What gives them the right to say "hey I know nobody is using this land but you can't start a life here unless you pay us £80,000 and if you don't we'll throw you in jail bitch. Oh and you can't smoke that herb, we know it does no harm, but we'd lose a bit of money if it were legal. So yeah, suck it."

Urgh it drives me crazy. And i'm out of chronic too, which sucks. But hey, could be worse. :rolleyes:

9. Hell yeah man, only if i do go i doubt i'll be legal. I don't know if people are gonna flame me for that but i don't think i have any way to get a greencard, unless i marry an American or something i guess :(

10. Ever thought about Spain? They have pretty tolerable laws on weed, and the whole atmosphere is much more laid back than over here. The economy's a bit fucked up at the minute, but depending what kind of money you're looking to make that may not be a problem (I'm one of those 'I get by and love it' kind of guys).
    Plus, with a UK passport you can take residence in any EU country without even needing a visa.
    There's always the language barrier, but depending where you go there could be a ton of English speakers, and Spanish is apparently one of the easier languages to pick up.
    It's where I wanna go when I can find better than bar work.:smoke:

11. Yeah i've been to Spain a few times and really like it there but I'd assume the main work English people get there would be bar work, and I refuse to work in a bar, I can't stand drunk people.

12. You really have it bad, take it from me, he lives in my states garbage dump.

:laughing:

13. I was thinking California, but i'm scared that if i go i'll be forced to live in the woods and i'll get eaten by a bear or something. Centuries ago England decided to wipe out all its wildlife so i have no idea how to deal with animals or dangerous creatures

14. I find drunk people funny

15. i like the pun haha

its funny also because im living in denmark and i feel somewhat the same, and i was considering moving to england

if i were to do it, where would you recommend it?

btw i would go for canada if i were you, america is going doown

16. Can't stand them. At all. I won't even talk to a drunk person.

I have no problem with people who drink, as long as they keep their distance.

17. #17 The Scorpion, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    No, god no. Huge mistake amigo, unless you move to a rural area. Cities are a definite no-no, you get the tourist areas in Central London but as you get further out it just gets worse, the crime here is insane, there's so much pollution, if you walk down certain streets here you have a 90% chance of being robbed or stabbed.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the police.

**edit**
    I totally read that wrong, if you do move here then i'd suggest you stay away from main cities like London, Manchester, Liverpool etc. The countryside is nice but that depends on what you like.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you want to move here?

18. Yeah I'm feeling that. It's rough as fuck tbh. It's played down I think to how bad it can be round these areas tbf.

I walked a mile through downtown Brooklyn at midnight when I was in America and fuck all happened. Found out on the same night my brother's been strolling around my local area in a county outside London and got fucking mugged.

19. Canadian born, it's a wonderful country. I understand where your coming from. I'm trapped in a place that I need nothing more then to get out of. Sorry, no advice here.

20. just a bit tired of the same old here in copenhagen, been living here almost 25 years

also the taxes and prices here in denmark are ridiculous

i didnt know you had that much crime considering you have cameras everywhere in london

im not the type to get mugged easily though i know these types, but some crazy fckers out there though