I feel like I walk weird...

Discussion in 'General' started by checkhispulse, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Like I put my legs out too far and sort of hop up in down, so to speak. I've been told I walk like a robot... it's making me self-conscious as shit. Maybe it has something to do with my posture? Sorry, this was a smoke and post.

2. As far as you walking weird... I really have no clue.

But I must say I like the term 'Smoke and post'. Kind of like a drunk dial sent out across the city for all to see.

And I may have just done the same thing.

3. People always make comments on the way I walk

and I get self conscious as fuck, too

4. Yeah I probably should have posted a video or something... =/

I think I figured it out, I'm walking with my feet too close to each other.

5. I was told that I walked like a robot when I was younger, especially in Junior High, but it died down quite a bit as I moved through High School. It carried on with me for a few years after that, and to this day I compulsively keep my hands in my pockets if I can, but I really don't care these days as I think I walk fine.

It is a bit disconcerting when people mock the way you walk while you're on your way to class (it's usually some kind of goofy looking strut) but, over the years, I've found that my middle finger works just fine.

:D

6. I feel like I walk weird but no one has ever commented. Mainly if im walking down the street and people are staring at me, I feel like WTF am I walking weird or something?

7. [​IMG]

I tend to swagger.

8. That happens quite a bit with me, as well...

Shit, I didn't think we would have that many responses in this thread!

9. :laughing:

10. lmao...damn that cracked me up

11. me too.
    they say i sort of hop when i step.
    and I've looked in a mirror.
    but cant seem to find what they are talking about.

12. Have you had sex.... I heard something about virgins walking differently and your hips doing something when you have sex... Sorry if that questions was insulting Im really fuckin backed if thats an excuse....:confused_2:

13. Ive known one dude who 'hopped' when he walked, Shit was hilarious. (No offense).

Ive had comments, But jus that i have a 'G' walk and people always imitate me.

14. i thought that was for women?
    seeing how as a man, nothing in your body is damaged duiring sex.
    (normal sex anyways)

15. yea you must be baked thats pretty ridicolous :D

16. This doesn't have anything to do with virginity.

If you do a lot of exercise one day and you wake up the next and your muscles are sore you might move differently. I think that was the concept you were going for....

Anyways, when I was in middle school I was told I walked differently once and it made me self concious. I'm not exactly sure what the deal was but for a while I paid close attention to how I walked. You'll get over it, someone was probably being an ass hat.

17. Hahaha, people are always telling me that I sort of bounce when I walk. But when it really comes down to it, everybody has their own unique way of walking. The way you walk really depends on how long your legs are/how long of strides you take.

So basically, if you have longer legs and take longer strides than most people, odds are that you will have sort of a bounce to your walk.

Believe me, it's nothing to be "self-conscious" about.. If someone takes a jab at the way you walk, examine the way THEY walk a little closer and you'll find out that they have a "unique" way of walking, too.

Conclusion: there really is no "normal" way of walking.

18. make a vid of you walking hahahaha

19. my fucking 6th grade teacher told me I wasn't cool enough to walk the way I did, in front of the rest of the class no less. I have no idea how I was walking, but since then that bitch's voice has been in my head whenever I walk. I'm glad there are other people self-conscious about it too...