Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I feel like I don't have a tolerance anymore.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by psyco panda, May 23, 2011.

1. Sup blades, it's been a while. I recently noticed that I don't really have a tolerance anymore. I can take a single hit and be pretty high. The weird thing is I burn pretty much every day.

2. Are you smoking less than normal? It's been noted that smoking small amounts can seem to get you higher than big amounts, sometimes. It's all relative, of course.

3. Yeah man. Sometimes I get like that also. It's just like sensing that THC is in my body is enough for me. I think it's mostly psychological at least for me.

4. Some of my best night have been the result of passing around the Bing with my buddy and taking a couple snaps each. I think it's because we'd have really good conversations unlike the time I smoked an 1/8th with two of my roommates when I just hadn't been smoking all that long. I don't remember much of that even though it was also one of my best nights. Regardless, I remember reading an article on this once, maybe on erowid.... I can't remember if it was mental or not but I think there was an actual science explanation behind it. Anyone else have a theory/know a reason for this?

Ps: Sorry, this may be a double post but I didn't see it show up the first time. Better safe than sorry I guess

5. I'm sure someone will link the article but your cannabinoid receptors become desensitized from marijuana, and become desensitized quicker when delivered in the same way and/or the same variety. There's supposed to be a peak amount, and beyond that you're just getting them more used to it. It's having something new and foreign that excites them so much. They also believe they have a cooldown period that probably varies by person, probably around 3 hours for myself.

If you smoke consistently, the same rate, from the same device, constantly throughout the day, you'd probably just adjust to it eventually. I'd love to guinea pig for that study.