I feel bad but I dont think I should

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dubular, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Before anybody gives me crap about being lazy, let me start off by saying I put 40 hours in this week. That being said, my boss wanted me to work tonight, to close. I had requested the day off because it's my friend's going away party today, he's moving either to atlanta or denver from ohio. I've worked the last four saturdays, not too mention every night of 4th of July weekend. 

Not too mention my boss cut a few hours from my schedule earlier this week, then allowed herself to work over when she wasn't scheduled, on the same day.

I'm not working there much longer, just till I go back to college, so I said fuck it, I called in sick today (food poisoning). Now I just feel bad though, even though I feel completely justified doing it. It's like last year, I was at the same job in the summer. I gave two weeks notice about when I was going back to college, and rather than put my last day as a thurdsay or friday as I requested, she had me closing the Sunday night before classes started. I don't live very close to where I go to college either and hadn't moved in at that point. And the way she told me I was working that night made it sound like she was doing me a favor.

But as much as she pisses me off, calling in sick still has me feeling guilty. Hopefully a bowl takes care of that.

Venting done.

2. Man why you being so lazy. :mad:

3. Everybody needs a day off every once in a while.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Griffijuana, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    Fuck the two weeks. Go out in a firey blaze of glory. May I suggest something along the lines of...  

http://youtu.be/wkcoobYUu8g

• Like Like x 2
  5. I took my first sick day in a year and a half last week, I wasn't a bit sick, I didn't feel guilty, neither should you just don't get into the habit if doing it all the time
    Everyone needs a sneaky day off every now and then

• Like Like x 1
  6. You ditched a day of work. I was expecting a fender bender like the idiot in the other thread or at the very least hurt somebody. You're fine man, fuck that bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You requested the day off, it was OK'ed, no one can blame you for not coming in.

She screwed you over in the past on similar occasions.

Stop being a nice guy.

/thread

Enjoy that bowl man

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2

THIS.

9. Bro you deserve the day off. Chill out and blaze it man. Lots ans lots of people do exactly what you do so dont even trip brah

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Dude you called in sick once, don't sweat it.

Had a guy at my work come in absolutely hammered, for an 11 AM shift... dude should have just called in sick lol.