I f-ed up transplanting my babies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Quiker_Silver, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Hey all, today i decided to transfer my plants from dixie cups into 6 inch round pots. it was a bit too early, but it seemed like they were root bound because of how fast they grew and then they hit a period were the growth stopped. well as i started the transplanting, most of it went pretty well, but with id say 4 out of my 8 plants the earth fell apart as i did the x-fer and i ended up being able to see the roots and also tore some of some of the plants.

my question is how bad is this. what effects will occur to the plants, orwill they die from this? i need all the help i can get, this is my first grow so i can use all the help i can get. thanks

2. i am a first time grower too and i also tansplanted my plants today. they were really root bound and not much root damage.
    my guess is that they will recover. the roots are the fastest growing part of the plant and there are many roots so i would say you have nothing to worry about.

3. Hey, so maybe just watering more often for the next little while will help build up the roots to their usual strength?

4. If you were able to see the roots, that's okay. If you tore a big root, or the plant itself... you may have some troubles. Pictures? :)

5. No that will drown them

Right now they're in a state of shock give them a few days to recover, then water at the normal rate.

I transplanted mine today too because it was overwatered in the dixie cup so when I pulled it out, the bottom of the cup was still moist, and the top fell apart (I could see roots).

But I put them in a big soil filled container and its still growing, like half the speed the others are growing in 2 hours.

You'll be fine, dont overwater!!

6. I had the same thing happen to me when they were still seedlings. Water normally, when it needs it. Mine survived, but ended up being a male. Good luck.

7. Any size container will need drainage holes in the bottom, larger containers should have pebbles/rocks covering the holes to prevent the media from clogging the drainage holes.

8. damn that's not a bad idea+rep, guess 1 will have to deal with regular drainage holes