I Dont Want To Work...

Discussion in 'General' started by Drugs Bunny, Nov 29, 2013.

1. #1 Drugs Bunny, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    I'm 20 years old and have been in a minimum wage warehouse job for 2 months now. It's through an agency and they ask you on the day to work a shift via text message. For the past 2 days my job was putting a PS3 in a cardboard box and taping the top - that's it, it's always one task over and over. I don't know if it's laziness / inability to "brave it out" but I see it as soul destroying. 20 Minutes goes by and it feels like an hour.

I think almost every job I am capable of securing will be repetitive, low skilled and low pay, I can't see myself doing something everyday that I hate. The problem is I have expenses and feel stuck in this terrible position... I've started watching the managers activities and as far as I can tell their job is too ensure the workers are working and to supply them with materials (e.g. pallets of PS4's to box... or boxs) and if the daily quota isn't hit then they face the blame. And for all this responsibility they get paid £9/hour. I've started to realise business is disgusting, they want to pay the least amount for the most amount of work. It makes finaincial sense but it can be questioned morally as they are taking advantage of the workforce.

I really don't want to work, I am planning to go university in September and dodging my responsibilities for a few more years whilst gaining a qualification that might give me a chance of a decent job. I have no idea what i'll be doing until then.

Do I come off as lazy or do you guys understand what it's like to work a job like that?

2. #2 snoopdog6502, Nov 29, 2013
    you have a shit job for sure. A trained monkey. I would hate that.

You might be happier making pizzas or flipping burgers where you get some food and rub elbows with pretty girls.

I dont think you are lazy for not liking a lame job.

3. it takes a special breed to work a factory floor and an even more special kind to like it. i agree with the above poster, maybe fast food or something else that isnt as monotonous.

4. I would love to have that job. I'm broke and jobless. 

I actually got a job interview at target as a warehouse worker,, aced the interview, and failed the drug test :(. Fmy liifffe lol.

5. #5 ScoobyJew, Nov 29, 2013
    School is just going to be just as challenging man. (Challenging to me that is lol) just make sure to choose a major you are interested in. And besides, you're only 20. You won't be banking till laterHonestly I wish I had a shitty job that at least paid me on time. They're going out of business so they're trying their best to not pay me on time or try to take money off my pay for no reason. Fucking hate how they scam. Right now my job is giving me horrible hours and I need to get a loan out to pay for my next semester tuition. I'm really hoping I get a call back for my orientation at a new job.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. If I was working your job OP, not wanting to work would be the least of my problems. I wouldn't want to live. I say get yourself into something you can at least tolerate because man, just picture yourself doing that for another 45 odd years...

...On second though, don't picture that. Too depressing.

7. ....I just wanna bang on my drum all day.

8. i kinda feel you on that as i was in a similar position to you, and i got a lot of "lazy" comments from people in my life. then again those same people havent had to look for work for at least 15+ years, and probably only had 1 or 2 different jobs in that length of time, so they were already set and used to working that type of job.
    maybe the creative field is where youll flourish? i was always artistic and creative while growing up, yet was never encouraged, practically ridiculed whenever i would show any signs of talent. i was taught to get into a job, and keep it till you die or retire.
    after many years of chasing that painted dream, i realized i needed to find what would make me happy and feel content, and that the money would come.
    look deep into yourself and im sure youll find some answers, or at least other questions to think about, i know its difficult.

9. and that's life for ya......I agree those mind numbing jobs are just a total soul destroyer but again.......having a job that you enjoy is a 1st world problem I've figured out. I say hang in there until you find a different job or until you go to school. seems you want to go to school just to fuck off for a couple more years like u said and that's cool I can dig it.but to sum it up.....that's life yo. u do what you can until you can figure a way out of the system....

10. I don't think you are lazy. Your job is the problem and I would hate to have to wake each day to face that. If you think you can manage to stick it out until you can find something else, just anything which might make a bit of difference, I would do that. If you feel the jobs you could secure are all repetitive, perhaps working somewhere within the public, where you at least get to see different faces. As repetitive and soul destroying it may still feel until you go off to university at least there will be different faces day to day. I've worked some soul destroying jobs and one was through an agency. I walked on the first day, you're doing much better than I did. Other jobs I hated I tried to stick out until I found another. Good luck with university though, at least you're planning for the future and trying to open yourself to a wider job market. For now maybe a change of scenery where you get to see different faces might do you good. I know it can wear you down but at least you will have something to look back on and see what you did to get by.

11. I wan a job in an opium den. Or a den of iniquity.

12. Where do you live? If you love close to a mountain resort go fill out an app today! I work at a small resort in pa and it's so much fun doesn't even feel like work. I work in the rental
    Department and all the people working are my age (18 to 25) and the supervisors are super super chill. (It's a freaking ski resort chill vibes all around) you rarely deal with grumpy customers. At my mountain I've became really good friends with everyone and I look forward to work everyday. Not to mention I get a freee pass to snowboard and can hook my Friends and family up with free rental equipment . Yea it's the best job ever I love working on a mountain. There's also lift opts which my bf worked and loved cause he burned with the other lifties ad could sneak runs in all day but that's if you can handle
    Being outside all day. It's only for three months out of the year bc we have really short winters but it gives you something to look forward to in the off season

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum