I don't want it legalized personally. What do you think about legalization?

Discussion in 'General' started by Oceanic, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Ok. This topic is probably going to be too in depth. But I like talking about this issue.

Weed is going to be legalized in the near(er) future, more than likely, in many/most/if not all states. I'd give it 10 or 20 years, but probably less. Who knows?

I know it's good for the people and environment, and will probably benefit our economy/society overall. Of course we need to solve the problem of so many people tied in government and law enforcement loosing their jobs, but I'm sure we'll work it all out before it's legalized mainstream.

I think it should be legalized, but I personally oppose legalization strictly for personal reasons. Hopefully that's not such a bad thing?

I like the way things are now. I feel if legalization takes full hold, corporations and companies will just step in. I feel skeptical about the "big players" in the marijuana land pushing for legalization, because they are just the ones with the money and already made titles and can easily just jump in the game and wreck shop once it's legalized.

Weed is made for the people by the people. That's how I feel like. There's no corporations involved, nothing like that. Yeah, it has it's share of violence but I've personally never experienced anything major and I've been doing this whole weed thing awhile. You have to use common sense, and don't roll with "bad" people and hope everything works out. That's all you can do.

Not to mention, if you're in your 20s+, have common sense, try not to be to flashy about it, you can pretty much smoke in your car, at a bar in your car, on your apartment balcony, in your backyard, etc. etc. without people giving a shit. I don't feel my smoking is hindered really or limited by legalization.

I know I wouldn't totally hate legalization, It's going to happen anyways, and yeah--there's definitely positives guys you know what they are, but I just... I guess afraid of change?

:cry:

Oh well at least I'll get high either way hah :smoke:

2. So, do you think it's acceptable for people to go to prison for possession, sale, importing, growing or use of marijuana?

3. :confused_2::confused:

4. ^he didn't oppose decriminalization, which would still end such unnecessary jailing.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about legalization. It would surely bring big-business into the picture and taxation, but I think there would still be plenty of connoisseurs who'd home grow. Although individual sale would still most likely be illegal or decrimed at best it would definitely be much easier and less risky to get the same high quality from your guy. I just feel that too many people cry for legalization without realizing the implications that come with it. I think the movement should be trying to take the first step of making it decriminalized before we look that far ahead.

5. No. I guess my position is kind of like a double edged sword. Legalization could benefit me in the long run.. I've personally been caught doing one or two things unmarijunana related, knew the risks, did them anways, and got caught. And was pissed too ha.

I think it's horrible that people get treated the way they do when caught selling/growing, etc. I would never want that to happen to me.

It's all confusing to me, I don't know how I feel really sometimes about this issue. I just.. don't know.. :confused_2:

6. hes right, you let the government get ahold of anything, and they fuck it all up
    taxes will be out the ass, maybe chronic wont be as strong, etc.

fuck it, eithier way, im gonna be blowin it by the O'
    :rolleyes:

7. That's a good answer I can see myself going with that. There's a shit load of stuff tied in with marijuana industry as a whole. Whether that be legal, illegal, government, black market, police, prisons, people with a lot of money, laws... There's so much invovled.

8. I believe that if it is ever fully legalized in America, the majority of weed sold should be imported from regions where it is grown outdoors, not indoors under lights the way it has been here for the past 20 years or so.

In the meantime, we have product that is vastly overpriced, produced in ways that are bad for the environment. I don't see how legalization could be any worse than what we have now.

9. it practically is legal..well in CA anyways. I personally love having my card. Its so easy to walk into a club and pick out what u like. Its like running in to buy cigarettes. but technically the sale if it is still illegal so they provide is with medical treatment for free as long as we give a "donation" thats the loop hole but if they made it 100% legal I dont see how the gov. can possibly regulate it when its so easy to grow youself

10. Everytime I read stories like this it hurts me a little on the inside. the big business issue isnt even a valid point. People grow their own already and don't buy from "big business" (billion dollar drug cartels). They control tobacco because you can't just throw tobacco under some lights and be good.

I can't imagine the frustration people in california had when their brothers/sisters let them down with prop.19 all because people looked at themselves and only themselves. I'd gladly resort to growing my own if it meant people with MS, cancer, etc had one less thing they had to worry about. They already have it hard enough.

11. blah blah blah. there is zero reason anyone should be opposed to marijuana legalization unless you're making money on the black market from it.

ZERO reason.

too lazy to discuss them right now but me (and many people on this board) can refute any point made by any person onto the subject of why marijuana shouldn't be legalized. sooooooo dumb to think otherwise im sorry i just dont get it.

12. Real Talk! The last 2 sentences hit home with me im from georgia we dont have it legal here probal/y never will to many die hard church type republicans i have auto immune system disease like bubble boy. and am constantly stressed and left week b4 i get my i.v. treatment... i feel the pain of all and being 19 you can bet ill be in the booth voting excercising my right damnit. ha

13. Even if big corporations step in, its not like you couldn't grow your own.

14. #14 HankMoody, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    I want it to be legalized but until then i can continue to act cool and rebel against the man

15. I want it to be legalized so I can buy big jumbo bags of it from Walmart...

16. If I wanted to grow my own, I'd be doing it now. I enjoy other activities besides growing, it just suits me better. My heart isn't into growing, and I know there's so many people better than it at me out there. I can't afford to fuck up a first grow or two, I'm doing fine right now.

But yeah, I just basically don't want there to be a bunch of regulations and restrictions slapped onto it. Rules about this, that, how it's made, etc. etc. It's like once you go through with it there's no turning back. Then if it turns out to suck it's legalized, we can't even revert back to black market because it's legal.

What about dicriminalization? It's sort of a silly concept in itself, but it still makes sense. No one's going to get more than a slap on the wrist, if that. Not even the bigger boys hardly.

17. #17 iiLLmatic, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    it should be decriminalized (on a federal level) and not legalized. this is the best scenario at the moment for both sides and will cause have the least significant economic impact compared to a full blown legalization policy. fully legalized = bad thingz

18. Agree

19. Okay we get it, you don't want it legalized because you won't be seeing the kind of money that's in your sig. That's called greed.

20. nah brah! itz cuz we no want duh corepurrashunz messin wit r dank weed ya dig? :cool:

disregard everyone unjustly incarcerated, everyone killed at the hands of prohibition including over 30000 mexicans, the horrendous economy, or even the fact that we should be able to do whatever we want if it's not harming anyone else.
    :D:(:smoke::wave::devious::devious::devious::mad: :confused: :):smoke: