I don't wanna go to work.

Discussion in 'General' started by MariaJuana92, Dec 2, 2012.

1. #1 MariaJuana92, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    I've got an upper respritory tract infection.
    Today is day 3 of 12 hour shifts.
    I did finally get 8 hours of sleep this time, but I spent most of it dreaming about work and dreading going back.
    I don't FEEL rested.
    Now I am procrastinating getting ready.
    I feel so shitty.
    I just wanna crawl into my bed and hide.

I can barely even smoke weed or a cig.
    I have to half my cigs and I've smoked one bowl since friday.(Everyday smoker here)
    A bowl which I shared with 3 people.

I am debating if I should go to the doctor or not on monday.
    I'm still on antibiotics for 4 more days from my clusterfuck of sickness that I JUST started to feel better from.

My chest hurts. From coughing so much.
    I can't stop coughing. And I sneeze a lot. My nose is running, mostly down my throat.
    And my through feels like someone sandpapered it.
    I swallow so much mucous my tummy is upset.
    I can barely breathe it feels so tight but I can't find my inhaler.
    And I am coughing up green stuff.

I know I shouldn't go to work and infect people and shit, but I GOT this from work. From the people that area already going to work with it, and the residents that already have it. I am going to be extra careful not to spread my germies, but I missed 3 days when I first got sick, and my boss was PISSED even though I had a doctors note.
    Maybe I could have called in...if I woke up early enough to do it.
    But it's not very nice to call in 20 minutes before your shift starts.
    In fact, protocol requires 3 hours.

2. Damn op I know EXACTLY how you feel I been in bed for days and
    i've got an upper respritory tract infection.Today is day 3 of 12 hour shifts.
    I did finally get 8 hours of sleep this time, but I spent most of it dreaming about work and dreading going back.
    I don't feel rested.
    Now I am procrastinating getting ready.I feel so shitty.I just wanna crawl into my bed and hide.I can barely even smoke weed or a cig.I have to half my cigs and I've smoked one bowl since frida(Everyday smoker here)A bowl which I shared with 3 people.I am debating if I should go to the doctor or not on monday.I'm still on antibiotics for 4 more days from my clusterfuck of sickness that I just started to feel better from.My chest hurts. From coughing so much.I can't stop coughing. And I sneeze a lot. My nose is running, mostly down my throat.
    And my through feels like someone sandpapered it.I swallow so much mucous my tummy is upset.I can barely breathe it feels so tight but I can't find my inhaler.
    And I am coughing up green stuff.I know I shouldn't go to work and infect people and shit, but I got this from work. From the people that area already going to work with it, and the residents that already have it. I am going to be extra careful not to spread my germies, but I missed 3 days whenI first got sick, and my boss was pissed even though I had a doctors note.Maybe I could have called in...if I woke up early enough to do it. But it's not very nice to call in 20 minutes before your shift starts.In fact, protocol requires 3 hours.

3. Call in sick or go to work 12 hr shifts aren't that long. Pointless thread

4. Honestly IMO this company took a chance to hire you, times like this gives you the chance to prove them right. I'm an "hour whore" as far a my comrades are concerned, but idk I just like showing the company how much I appreciate them hiring me by giving them my all.

5. [quote name='"zombiegreen"']Honestly IMO this company took a chance to hire you, times like this gives you the chance to prove them right. I'm an "hour whore" as far a my comrades are concerned, but idk I just like showing the company how much I appreciate them hiring me by giving them my all.[/quote]

Ya great reply! I agree the put an investment in you and the best way to show them right and please them to improve maybe your hours or pay is to show them what a mule of a worker you are. Totally agree

6. OP still alive?

7. Make sure your getting a lot of nutrition and drinking Hella water! I mean a lot! Hey smoke a bowl here and there. It acts as an anti inflammatory and pain reliever.

8. I am on day 3 of 12 hour shifts at the group home I manage. You could call in sick and someone would work for you, my staff is the shit.

I feel the same way I am sick but a little different sick. I really don't wanna go at all either lol. At least I don't work tomorrow.. im going to make myself sleep when I get home at 8am usually I just stay awake.

9. But you guys have to realize that the job she does which I am assuming is some kind of PCA work is that it is highly against the rules to come in sick and potentially get residents sick, even if she got it from them. You would come into work and I would look and see you were sick and I would say go home lol no negative reflection just go get rest and get better asap.

10. My throat has been killing me all week, been impossible to smoke anything because of the pain, off course this just adds to the pain cus of nicotine withdrawl, but i feel ya mab.

11. That's a great attitude.
    Unfortunately I don't share your enthusiasm.
    I've busted my ass, plowing through doubles, and getting no sleep.
    I've pulled more than my fair share of weight. I am only scheduled 32 hours a week, yet I've been pulling a minimum of 50 for...idek how long.
    They didn't really "take a chance" by hiring me. People float in and out of here all the time. They made a damn good choice. But at this point, I don't appreciate it at all. Nobody in my entire facility with the exception of the big bosses have received a raise in over 5 years, with the exception of a state mandated raise.
    I mean, I am a damn good worker and I hardly get as much as a "thanks for saving our asses"
    It's just disheartening.
    I get a paycheck, and I do good work by taking care of people.
    But I no longer feel good about it.

I am going to look for something else. I know it's a good thing to stick with one job for a long time, but I could always keep on call status if I found another opportunity. And I've at least worked with some superiors who would give me excellent references.

12. I had to work in the first place because nobody else was willing to pick it up.
    So calling in would have been a LAST resort, I guess.
    It sucked, and by having a shitty attitude to begin with, I guess that carried through. I finally broke down and ran home on a break to get cough syrup, some mucus relief, take my antibiotic, and drink some juice with vitamin c and get some vitamin c water packets. And maybe smoke a pinchie hehe.
    I immediately started to feel energy come back.
    Then I had some green tea with honey and the hot water helped me breathe better.
    And now when I cough, it hurts less.
    But I am home, and I can relax now until 12 hours from now when I have to go back to work. But at least I can breathe a sigh and say it's over. I'm out of there. Forget it. Reset.

13. That's a nice idea, but that is not the reality of it.

The charge nurse told me, "You come to work unless you're dead."
    And the other charge nurse said, "Buck up. The bugs all over anyways."
    Unless you have a fever, they won't send you home from my work.
    And I've even seen cases where someone had a fever, and the charge nurse had them stay.
    Stuuuuupid.
    Letting people work with that shit is how I probably got it in the first place.
    I know there's so much you can't prevent but why not at least TRY, people.
    :rolleyes:

14. idk how you guys do it... i work like 6 hour shifts and wanna die and dread going back

i'm just a lazy bastard :/

15. Ok you're complaining about getting 50 hours a week people would KILL for that especially in these times. So either work hard and love the money coming in or find something else you enjoy. I know the "staying when your sick" rule and still coming in sucks but that's just how some establishments are. All I'm saying is ya it's ok to dislike your job but you either need to stick with the hours till you find a better job or just quit soon because it doesn't sound like like a good long term job if they aren't giving raises after many years of service.

16. Sounds like the company you work for is shitayyy.. sorry to hear. I don't think it's legal to let people work around VA's while they are contagious..

17. Sounds like you should stop smoking everyday and let your infection clear up...

18. yeah i am looking for a better job
    i think i said that already

19. only one more day until have a day off
    and today is only 8 hours
    ohgod help me

20. Die end of thread