i dont wanna fuck up my OG clone

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by icyurple, Feb 19, 2006.

1. I lined my closet with aluminum....and put my clone in a 5 gallon bucket.... i have a 400 watt hps..... and a fan, i was gonna kick out a hole in the bottum of the door to let fresh air flow in. i just mixed the soil with a little organic fertilizer from the store. am i good?

2. First off take down the aluminum, it can have the tendency burn parts of plants due to uneven reflection. Instead go eat alot of chips and cut the bags open. Then use the dull side as you were using the tin foil.

Second how big is the closet? Can you keep the door open during the day?

Does your hps light have a remote ballast? If so move it outside the closet if you can. I find the best thing to put the ballast on is a cinder block or two. If you don't move it out of your closet you might have a real problem with the temp being to high. I forget what the perfect range for mj is but I normaly strive to keep it 70-75 degrees F.

If you can, I would have a hole at the bottom of the door and the top. One for intake and one for exhaust. Put a fan on the top hole for exhaust. You don't need one for the bottom as the top fan will cause a vacum effect and draw air in from the bottom. This also gets rid of the hot air and brings in cool air.

Also make sure the bucket has several holes for drainage in the bottom. Otherwise your plant will get root rot later.

3. its good you said dat doggy I was about to place my ballst inside thx for the info and oh yeah I forgot one more thing the cowboys suck peace :bolt: out

4. Well they might not be doing to well as of late, but don't forget the five super bowls they've won and the record holding 9 that they've been to =). I would just call this a momentary break from greatness.