I dont wanna come on too strong, but I also dont want to be friend zoned.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Ratio, Oct 19, 2012.

1. #1 Ratio, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
    So I recently started talking to this girl and I asked her to hang out after work tomorrow. Shes really cute and I'm a little nervous lol. I think I'm just gonna take her out for coffee so we can just sit and talk and I can try to get to know her.

Maybe if all goes well I'll ask her to come back to my house for a movie? idk I just dont wanna come on too strong and scare her away or be too casual and be friend zoned. So do ya blades got any pointers for a situation like this? ice breakers? conversation starters?

update pg 3

2. When she comes to hang out with you, or the next time you see her, tell her she looks sexy. Say it tongue in cheek and flirty. All you have to do is establish in her mind that you find her sexually attractive. And escalate kino. Hopefully it's not too late.

3. I hope its not too late, we only texted for a day before I asked her to hang out which was yesterday, and were hanging out tomorrow. I will keep this in mind because she is damn gorgeous. :D

4. Word. Yeah, just put your arm around her and try to escalate touching. She will get the picture. Where are you taking her?

5. Probably a local starbucks. Maybe if she hasn't eaten yet I'll take her to Five-Guys since I know she likes that place. When I mentioned hanging out she said "It doesn't have to be anything special but okay :) looking forward to it." So I dont wanna take her on a full on date, just somewhere we could both chill. Anyone got any other ideas?

6. If you got any nice parks in your area, just take her for a stroll.
    Its casual and doesn't cost you a dime.

7. I like this idea alot, if starbucks has no seats (like usual) I'll take her to this one park since its pretty big and only a block or two away.

8. and then u sex her :cool::hello:

9. Public Park sex is best sex. :ey:

10. Don't be afraid to make it clear you're interested, just don't be a pervert while doing it!

11. Hey man, that other dude is right about establishing that you think she's attractive, that's exactly what will keep you out of the friend zone, but the whole movie thing and saying she's sexy on the first date is a bit much. ( and everyone knows what happens while watching movies at home, not a whole lot of movie watching.)

So that right there would be coming on too strong, if you want this girl to really like you, don't text. Call her when you want to see her/ talk to her. Other guys will not do this, unless they have real game, always be enthusiastic and fun if you can help it.

The whole texting all day thing is pretty juvenile, think about it, can you picture mature adults doing that all day, "What's up??" "Oh nothing :)".

Dude just call her and you'll have her, also while hanging out don't get to serious and let her make the moves, just because she lets you put your arm around her doesn't mean she likes it, and i don't even make physical contact on first dates unless it's a playful nudge or a hug goodbye.

Let her text you if she wants to, but always call her during the day, make arrangements over the phone or on the actual date, women like guys who are mature like that.

Good luck brother.

12. great pointers man thank you. she said she gets off work around 3 or 4, so should I call her around 430 to confirm were hanging out? or let her text me? idk.

yeah im gonna ditch the going back to my house for a movie idea. were just gonna go out for coffee and a stroll in the park. its weird that im nervous about this i dont wanna fuck anything up.

13. Listen to some music to get you pumped up on the way there, i personally use the song Tub Thumping by chumbawumba. It helps me get to a slightly higher energy level than most, (which is attractive to women). It helps me to be more fun with girls.

Yeah man, give her a call around the time you guys are supposed to hangout, unless you think she's the type of girl to text you and let you know.

14. Yeah listening to music to get you pumped will take away from being nervous at all, i usually jam on the way there in my car, don't get sweaty though haha.

15. Don't tell her she's sexy on the first date. To me, that would seem like a little much.
    Tell her she looks really pretty or cute or beautiful or whatever best fits how she actually looks.
    I mean, if she's wearing skin-tight revealing clothing, sky-high heels and dramatic makeup go right ahead and tell her she looks sexy; that's probably what she was going for.
    But if she's dressed casually (which is more likely), telling her she's cute/beautiful/pretty/adorable will be more appropriate.
    In my opinion.
    If coffee goes well, I think that it's totally okay to invite her over to watch a movie. Don't put to much pressure on yourself or her to "make a move". You'll be fine.

16. haha totally agree Makeitsleet. Yeah no pressure to make a move really. I didnt really want to since its our first time hanging out, but at the same time I want her to know I'm interested. telling her she's cute/beautiful/pretty/adorable and maybe a goodbye hug sounds like my best bet to get my point across to her.

on another note, GC is a great place for this kind of advice. really appreciate all the different perspectives.

17. Sexy, beautiful, pretty ... all semantics. It doesn't matter which you use, just how you use it. Of course don't say it in a serious way, it will come off as creepy or too strong, but put it in a tongue in cheek way, it comes off as confident.

18. what does tounge in cheek mean? I get it but I dont at the same time. Compliment her in a funny almost joking manner?

19. Yeah, pretty much. lol this is over the top but you get the point.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4BJ9B1lrw]Fresh Prince pick up lines - YouTube[/ame]