I dont understand??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trillyen, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ok first off i know i messed up by mixing my soil at a %50 worm compost organic, and a %50 jiffy organic mix.

My ph before watering is around 6.2 to 6.0, and after watering my ph is around 5.0 for right now, yes i know this is bad but im taking the steps now to raise my organic soil ph, even tho i herd a organic soil ph makes not a difference seeing that its organic.

My question is on my new leaflets coming up on my 12 day old plants. They are almost a dirt color, like black, or like some one sprinkled dirt just on the new emerging leaflets.

What does this mean?

Never had this problem before, and im wondering why im having it now?

what causes it?

Ive never even herd of this problem

Im wondering if it is because of my soil choice or what

The first set of 3 leaflets had this black looking stuff on them, and as it grew it seems to go away, i just dont think its normal

my strains are white widow, and AK-48, and a unknown strain, but they ALL do this, so its not them its me.

Even my bubble bucket plants did ths for a while but have now showed no more signs of the black dirty looking new growth.

Sorry i cant get any good pics

What do you guys think it could be???

2. Low Ph and the fabulous medium mix. Probably just a phosphorus lock out, not to much to worry about if you can get that ph up a point.

3. dolomite lime one hand full per five gallons of media will stabilize your pH right at about 7...went through what your doing and haven't had problems since incorporating this into the media...running soil

4. Thanks, yea i know my soil compound isnt the greatest but its growing, but i want it to thrive

So do u know of any organic phosporus supplements i can use to help with my phosporus lock out, i am thinking my tea is at about a 6.5 to 7.0 ph i wanna try to water at about a 7.0 water ph so i can bring my soils ph up to a 6.5, and then ill be happy

thanks alot u help bring somethings into perspective

Question, how do i add dolomite lime to my organic soil, and its already got plants growing in it??

will my grow still be organic???

thank you!!!

5. good point...you could use natural pH up and down such as egg shells in water to bring your pH up or citrus juice to bring pH down...dolomite lyme is natural prehistoric living organisms that over time formed this diatoms earth..don't see why it wouldn't be organic...sure someone that is up on their "organic" would know. Keep up the great work!

6. i use white distilled vinegar to bring my ph down, and baking soda to bring it up, i was told this was ok for organic is that true??

Also yes for my next seeds i have fox farm ocean forrest, and perlite, the fox farm already has worm castings in it

i think when i go to do the next seed grows ill be more better off this soilis just to much for these damn babies to handle but i got my ph up to almost 6.0 last night on my run off water thats better than 5.0, lol