i don't understand why people smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by iryad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. simply put cigarettes are delicious

2. Cigarettes are one of those things I love and hate. Opening a fresh pack of Kamel Red Lights and sparking that first cigarette always feels so soothing and smooth. I also like smoking because it's a nice way to just take a break and think for a few minutes. The only thing I don't like about it is that I know they're terrible for me, but at the same time I just don't give a fuck.

3. how can that taste be decribed as anything near delicious? b4 i quit i smoked because it was an addiction. i dont ever recall actually enjoying that flavor. its just dirty. infact that why i quit was because of the intollerable stench and taste.

i do however like fine cigars and loooovve hookas.

4. I've never puffed a cig and I never intend to either.

5. I love a fine cigar, cigs taste like new york air compared to them... I dont mind paying 20 dollars for a fine cigar. Taste like vanilla cake air... im bent, lol

6. I do not like regular cigarettes because they don't do anything for me.

Cigars are amzing. The taste experience, smell, everything is so awesome and fun.

Hookah is a really good social event and gets you buzzed. It's a good way to meet people.

Pipes are nice and flavorful.

Cloves are just tasty but I smoke very few of them.

7. You pay waaaayyy too much for cigars. If it's over 15 there's something better for less. There are lots of <$10 cigars that can rival a $20

8. i smoke cigarettes

because it gives me a 5 minute break here n there at work

but mostly cuz i enjoy blowing smoke out of my mouth haha for real, when i was a kid i would see my dad smoke n i thought it was so cool to breathe out smoke like a dragon or some shit haha

wish i didnt smoke anything now though

9. The thing about cigs and cigars is that tobacco tolerance=weed tolerance on steroids. You can smoke weed and have a very low tolerance to it for quite some time before it starts going up and it begins to take more for you to get high. With nicotine you get a buzz every time the first few times, but right after it becomes way spaced out, and youre maybe getting a buzz off of a quarter of the cigs in the pack. At this point you can chose to continue, and possibly begin a long bout with addiction, or just tell yourself you're only gonna have one every so often. If you keep it to less than 3 cigs a day, which admittedly takes some discipline, then you get that great buzz feeling so much more often :D

10. i really do only smoke when im drunk or real real chilled on some codone. today i went and got a pack cuz i was on some cets' then when i got outta rehab i was like ew n havent touched em lol. oh well im sure ill smoke some while drunk, some while at a party will be handed out. they are also kinda a way to meet people...i mean you instantly have something in common with somone when you whipe em out. but only whip em out when im fucked up. so deal with it whiner boy. i think there mad gross when im sober and grosser when im high so oh well. life rolls on

11. Im trying to be cool.

Am i cool yet?!?!

12. Just like weed before you smoke it you think its bad for you and you think its a bad thing to do because it is illegal. Then you smoke it and realize its not bad for you and your not doing anything wrong. People smoke cigarettes to relieve stress for the most part or for nicotine. It takes a long ass time to get addicted to cigarettes and its not bad like cocaine or anything. Its alot of fun to smoke something that cost like 25C instead of smoking a blunt that cost 5$. Put it this way once someone smokes a cigarette their opinion changes on cigarettes. Also I know they're bad for me and so does everyone else, its a ignorant habit and it hurts you in the long run.

13. Well, I took my first puff off a newport round 11, First started smokin herb at 9.

I didnt smoke more then 10 squares till i was a good 15-16. Round 16-18 i got real into it.

Newport hundo's all the way BTW.

But i started at 11 trying to be cool, I was straight with smokin herb but the homies was like 5 deep passin a newport around and i got in the circle. Ill never forget homeboy said i didnt inhale so it was bullshit but i never tasted something so harsh haha.

But round 15-16 i was into it, A couple packs a week, Ive never been over 3 packs a week unless im mad bummin peopel squares.

But i jus enjoy it, I dont smoke alot. Honestly 1-2 squares on average a day. 5-10 when im out with the homies.

14. I smoke a pack of Djarum Blacks or Specials every week. I enjoy the taste of cloves and they are not nearly as harsh as cigarettes. I will always remember the first pull of a clove. I felt the most insane dizzyness in my entire life it was such an intense head high -- after 5 cloves I never again got that feeling.

-Mark

15. People smoke cigarettes because they like them. Unless you smoke multiple packs a day for decades, you probably won't have to worry about any serious negative health benefits. No worries in being addicted to a substance you like and allow in your life... it's only when you try to quit that your addiction might become a problem.

Now, I don't like cigarettes because I do not care for a tobacco high. I do not like the lightheaded feeling nor the physical high; they make me feel nauseous; and all the while I keep thinking, "I can't wait to get back to normal." So, obviously that is no kind of drug for me...

Then, to factor in the smell, taste, addiction potential, and health hazards it's a no brainer.

16. It's fun. End of thread.

17. I've smoked cigs for about 5 years. At first it was just something to do, a bit of a stress reliever. I didn't really plan on smoking for this long, but I can honestly say I got addicted. No it doesn't get you high or anything, for me its more of a psychological thing. I guess the best thing I can compare it to for a non-smoker is comfort food, something about it just makes you feel better and helps you get through the day. I know I don't need it... and I can go for a day without cigs if I feel like it, but I still can't bring myself to quit for good. Hopefully after college I'll finally get up the will to quit, but for now I'm young and somewhat healthy and it doesn't bother me that I smoke.

18. lmao, you got that right.

I smoke because I am addicted, and sadly enjoy it. If I could afford an ounce/day, I would probably quit smoking cigarettes. :)

19. I like the buzz, especially that first one in the morning, I like the taste, it compliments a a nice meal, and I like the relaxation, oh so nice after sex. And its the only thing that keeps me from drinking or blazing after I endure an hour lecture class, and then have another one to go to after. I started smoking a cig after blazing, then when I started buying my own packs I did it a little more, then when I saw how the smokers at work got extra breaks I smoked even more, at my worst i was at a pack and a half a day, now I have a metal cigarette tin that stores 8, so I usually dont go over that for the day, I reccomend it if you want to cut down.

20. When I first started smoking cigarettes a few years ago, they were awesome and I loved the buzz. A cigarette made me happy.

The difference is now, instead of a cigarette making me happy, it just stops me from being mad. The buzz is pretty much completely gone, only noticable when I am high or drunk, or under the influence of anything really.

I still love cigarettes though. They are great for relaxation, as well as social sort of thing.