Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I don't understand what's going on

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mbunch2113, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hello all, I have lurked on this site for years reading questions about people's problems/how tos when it comes to smoking. But today I made an account to create this post. I really need some insight as to what is going on and would love for the community to help me out any way they know how. So here goes:

I started smoking weed when I was a sophomore(2010) in high school, I am now 21 I graduated in 2012. During high school I wasn't really a persistent smoker only about once or twice a month. My senior year I started to pick it up a little more and was at about once per week. I ended up damaging my spine in 2012 lifting something at work to where my vertebra at my L5-S1 is slipped forward pushing onto the disc underneath it. So my marijuana use increased to daily about 2013ish. I recently stopped somewhere in the beginning of April (I know should've had one last hoorah on 4/20) but I needed to stop because of how much it cost me in the long run, and the fact that the girl I'm trying to be with doesn't want to date a pothead. I love her so much but everything little thing I do pisses her off. She keeps saying how when I had smoked I was this calm that could weather the storm and I knew her so well. Now all she says is that I no longer know her or what she needs, and I am continuously pissing her off with something I do. She thinks I don't listen to her because my memory has gotten so bad to where I can't remember a conversation that was said 15 minutes prior. She understands that my memory is an issue, but think I am using it as a crutch for basically being a selfish asshole. Certain things I do make it seem as though I'm not empathetic have or sympathetic towards others situations, when that's far from the case. I am not thinking when things are said/done because I cannot remember that it is going to be an issue. Before I started smoking at all I wasn't an asshole(just to clarify that I'm really not an asshole). I've had trouble in life but they've made me a better person not brought me down. Now since I stopped smoking it seems like I'm becoming a sociopath or psychopath or something along the lines of that because when I try and rectify a situation that has happened, it's okay, then the same shit keeps happening to where I am made out to look like an asshole and it hurts because it's not who I'm trying to be. I'm dealing with a lot of pain so I chalked it up to the memory and that, but it seems deeper than just that. I am having a surgery on my back Nov 8th to fix the problem, but idk what will happen to my personality after that.

I'm hoping that some of you will have insight as to what is happening to me and how I can get back to where I was before I started smoking, or even during smoking the person that I was. I miss being that person and I feel like my life is declining quicker than I can handle and I don't want to end up alone and depressed because I've had issues with depression and anxiety even before I started smoking, and they are not fun.

Please let me know your thoughts on this topic and thank you for taking the time to read it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. People change bro and it sounds like u did. Dont worry about it everyone changes. It sounds like ur girl is just being a bitch man hopefully she doesnt break up with u because of all that but usually when a girl starts complaining about everything u do its not a good sign. It might not even be u it could all just be her. It sounds like she is just creating an issue for u. Is all that stuff u said really happening or do u feel she is just acting up? U could always just smoke again and see if ut helps u

• Like Like x 4
  3. I have to agree with Burger...sounds like you can't do anything right in her eyes now, what will happen when they put you on mass amounts of pain meds? Will she bitch at you for being doped up, can't do anything for yourself?

She's showing you her true colors now....take off the love goggles and take a good look at how she's acting.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I know smoking again would help me but I don't want that to be a crutch for what is happening in my life. She is bipolar so I knew what I was getting into when I started moving things forward with her, but then again maybe the weed version of me thought I could handle it, but I really do feel like it is me and I have changed, but I don't know if it is a permanent change or just a temporary one because I stopped less than 5 months ago. What I do know is that little things that I do that she claims the high version of me wouldn't do make her shut down. It just makes it that much harder because it's long distance. I live in NY and she lives in Cali, so it's not easy to deal with sometimes because I can't be there. I just finished an 11 day vacation(was supposed to be 10 but I missed my flight) where I had promised we would get all this shit done, and we didn't get ANYTHING done. I literally mean anything bro. It turned into me getting bitched at for not doing shit that I promised, so when I felt bad that I hadn't followed through with what I promised, I started to get the drive to do those things, like clearing out this one room and finding a new place to live for her, but by that point she was so pissed off with me that she shut down, so I have the drive and will to do it, but I've forced her not to. I love the crap out for his girl but my actions aren't showing it and I'm not trying to have that happen because I want to work things out and be with her. Over the past week or so she has been telling me that we don't work out and she's done, but I keep trying to make it work, it's been a few months of this going on and she's given up now. I don't like who I'm becoming and I don't want to be this person but i don't know what else to do besides smoke, which like I said costs too much and then I really won't have her. She's 16 years older than me she so she's dealt with a lot more shit and has a daughter too, but about a year after my injury I've also had problems keeping it up, so I thought stopping weed would help that too because large concentrations of weed produce an estrogen like effect in your body, so now I know it's the injury because it happens with anybody not just her. I keep asking for more time but it's time she's not willing to give and I'm not willing to let go. I think she's already fallen out of love with me and just doesn't give a shit about me anymore and idk what to do man not trying to be like "woe is me" but wtf I mean come on

5. The problem with the surgery is that I'm going to be recovering for around 4-6 months. I will be bed ridden for about 4-6 weeks so the pain meds they are going to give me are going to basically make it to where I'm knocked in and out of sleep all of the time. I don't know how she would react but as I was posting this thread there was about a 10 minute silence and she just said she was gonna go. She told me yesterday that we're not going anywhere but she can't stop talking to me altogether because that would kill her inside. If she seems to care so much why won't she be willing to see how I am after the surgery? I kept asking for more time and I think it was like the boy crying wolf because I don't think much has changed about me, although it has gotten better. So now she's saying there is no more time and giving up. I know it sucks and I'm probably just gonna have to get over it, but the only reason I'm having this surgery and getting back on my medication like aderall is because she was giving me the drive to do so. I'm confused because this is not how I was before I started smoking, but it is how I am now, and it's very frustrating.

6. The problem burger is that it is affecting all areas of my life. She is just my main concern right now. I work at Chipotle and when the team views someone as a low performer, they fire them. I was viewed as a low performer but I opened up about everything like stopping smoking and having all this pain rush in at once and they realized that I'm not a low performer but I'm having a rough time, so I didn't get fired. I haven't had more than a ten cent raise in the past year, and it doesn't seem like I am going to be getting one any time soon. Reviews are sometime in September but I am not hopeful on a good raise based on what I was being told. So on top of working things out with this girl, I'm having trouble in other aspects of life as well, so I know it's me, although I also know it's not all me when it comes to her. She is partly to blame for how I am acting because of course any person would start to become more vindictive and frustrated all the time when they're being told they are fucking up for months on end and can't seem to fix it.

7. Bro ur just probably going through something. Did u meet this girl online or something? U cant expect to be the best at everything man sometimes u are sometimes u arent. How old were u when u started smoking? @Mbunch2113

8. I started smoking when I was 16 really started daily when I was like 19

9. Dude a lot can change in those 3 years + the years you stopped. U can go through personality changes as well as physical changes. Id say u changed but hopefully for the better. I wouldnt worry too much about the shit ur going through. U just gotta find work you like and are good at doing. Find something that matches ur skills. As for ur girl, hopefully she loves u and is just being moody when she bitches at u but if its too much id say u need to find something better man. People deserved to be loved not yelled at 24/7

• Like Like x 1
  10. I mentioned I have a problem keeping it up. I met a few girls who would have been awesome to be with but the fact that I'm only 21 and have this problem makes it that much harder to date when I already have problems talking to girls cause I have social anxiety. I appreciate all the advice but I don't like how I've changed and I want to get back to how I was before.

11. Yea i noticed i changed and i wanna be like that before i became a stoner but i just realized its cuz i grew up and wasnt a kid no more and matured. I dont think u can ever go back to being a teenager

• Like Like x 2
  12. I don't want to be a teenager again but my personality shouldn't have flipped a 180 on this its just frustrating me so much because this is not who I am. I know a lot has to do with it killing my short term memory and using it as a medicine to mask the pain but I don't feel like I'm in my own body if that makes sense. I'm not a decent person by anyone standards anymore, and I feel like I've failed myself and those around me

13. Idk man everyone changes. Just be careful who u change into

14. What your in is a pit.

And the only way out is to dig yourself out.

Try your best, you have a long road ahead of you ;atleast, until you are done recovering. From my veiw. I have come from a toxic relationship living at my moms, and have moved to my dad's. And it can be hard. But you have to set goals or milestones. But some take time.

What I said about the pit. I'm in one right now. I have some things done, but for now it is just time itself that is going to get me out.

I got a ged for math, and am working twords my English. So I can get into college this Jan, ontop of that holding down a factory job to pay for the 2yrs of schooling until this Dec. Also came from nothing still few freinds have a job. But in my veiw I've dug myself out when I finish college. With that being said that's about 3.5yrs of digging

As I remember a quote from some show. " You got.to.figure out how to eat the elephant"

• Like Like x 3
  15. So why don't you like just start smoking weed and then dump your gf.

16. Brotha, I can relate on many levels. Let me start by saying being in a long distance relationship adds a crazy amount of stress to a relationship which in itself is already fragile. It sounds to me like you are trying your very best to be there and be supportive and patient with a person who isn't extending you the same decency. Smoking/not smoking in my opinion you will face the same issues, or she will find something else to get on your case over.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  17. Dedicated2urlove it's not as easy as just starting to smoke again and dumping my gf, I love her and I want to try anything I possibly can to make it work. I realize it may not work out but I'm giving it my all to make myself better so that there's a chance we can get to how I was when I was smoking. The problem is I met her when I was an avid smoker and that's the person she fell in love with.

Reod12x2 I wish I could work at a factory job man my back won't allow me to do much strenuous activity or lift anything over like 30 pounds without it hurting. I never went to college after high school because I was too anxious about being like 80,000 in debt. I didn't want to go to community but now that in older I realize if I want to make anywhere decent money I'm going to need to go to school. I passed high school with a Regents diploma, which is recognized across the country. My SAT scores are like 1500 and I could get into a college, but I did get stuck in a pit years ago, and after meeting this girl I felt like I was getting out of that pit because she was giving me so much drive to work on bettering myself. Now I feel like the pit has been dug deeper and I'm in more pain emotionally and physically than ever before and I'm struggling to dig myself out.

Herbanlegendz cool name btw nice play on words.
    I was asking for more time for the past couple months hoping that i would be getting back to how I was before, but apparently nothing has changed even though I feel like I have been improving, even if very slowly. Now it is just tipoff much to ask to b given more time because it's like the no who cried wolf. I kept saying I would get back to that just give me more time, and she told me yesterday that we were done and time had run out. I want to cave so bad and start smoking again but I know if I want a halfway decent job I need to be able to piss clean. If things can't work themselves out or I can't work them out, I think I am going to cave and start smoking again, I want to go to school and do something related with space, but if I do anything that's physics related I'm either working at NASA or I'll be a teacher. Idk what it is specifically that I want to do but i know it involves space it's such a topic that I've spent many nights high just reading articles and watching tv shows and movies on everything related to space that I know it's what I want to do with life. But as of right now my life see stone on hold because of this surgery putting me out. I cannot quit my job because I need to be able to collect short term disability, but I am not currently happy where I am. I haven't had a good raise in almost a year, and the position I was working 8 months on to train got taken out from under my feet so I'm very resentful of the company and my managers, beachside managed before and I know what it takes. I also want to stay with them when I'm done recovering because of the tuition reimbursement they offer like 5,xxx dollars a year to students working, so that will help get my foot in the door and then maybe while I'm working on basic classes for something astro I'll figure out what I want to do

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

18. Brother. Your 21. Your supposed to be a forgetful selfish stoner. So any girl who's trying to control you at 21 should be forgotten and moved on from. No one should be telling you not to smoke. Does she drink ? I bet she does. Your never gonna be able to do anything right in her eyes. And your 21. YOUR GONNA MEET ANOTHER 5 SOUL MATES BEFORE YOU FIND YOUR ACTUAL SOULMATE
    now if she was complaining your taking percs or some shit like that I'd agree with her and say stay away from that. But in your years at your age you need to find your own way. Not spend time chasing a girl that's never gonna be happy with anything you do. I promise you. You'll get over her. And you'll probably be friends later on. Make your own decisions because , otherwise your gonna end up with resentments regardless. Just be you and anyone who doesn't accept you for you can pound sand.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Well the problem is I never used to be like this I don't know where in between me smoking and not smoking I changed into an asshole, but she doesn't drink or take any drugs that aren't prescribed for medical issues. And I totally get that I'm young and will get over her and meet other people but I guess I wasn't ready to let go of anything because she started helping me get out of the pit I was in. That's the whole reason I made this topic because I need to have insight like yours and everyone else's. I appreciate you saying that I just hate that I can't be who I really want to be. I don't like how I act sometimes, I correct people all the time(which I can thank my father for) he's so politically correct he always shoved it down my throat. And I guess I'm just not used to being the person that I am now but it doesn't feel good.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Man. The back stuff sucks I feel you there. But I'll tell you this. We men , idk about girls , but us men. We become who we really will be somewhere between like 25 and 35. So just try to enjoy your life. It sounds as if your just growing up and changing like everyone does. Don't smoke if you don't want to. Smoke if you want. Smoking doesn't affect your memory. Your age does. When I was 21 someone would say hey nummy take the 3rd left coming up and id take the first right. It's just the way I was. I totaly had can't remember shit syndrome. Now I'm in my 40s and I remember everything.

Wait , what we're we talking about.

Oh yeah. Lol. Anyway brother. Don't stress too much on life and women because really unless your raising a child with that person you can walk away any time you want. You shouldn't have to stress and try hard to satisfy a girl. It should just come natural and if she can't handle your growing pains. Then she isn't the right one. No matter how much you like this girl. There will be others. And some day one is gonna come along that accepts you for who you are and without the complaining and fighting makes you wanna be a better man. That girl didn't come into my life till I was 40 years old. All the anxiety and stress well that's being 21. You'll survive and just try to be the best person you can. Treat people the way you want to be treated and everything will work out. Keep your head up buddy and good luck with the back issue. That sucks

• Like Like x 4