Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I don't understand weed? I just want to enjoy it...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Masterreeferr, May 3, 2012.

1. Okay so, I'm sliiiightly confused about weed. And when I say slightly, I mean very. Here's the situation,
    I've smoked weed maybe 20 times now. The very first time, I didn't get high at all. But that seems to be what everyone says happens so no big deal. Second time, still nothing/: then the third time, I got blazed as hell. I felt extremely happy and everything was so interesting to me and I just loved it. Then the fourth and fifth time, I felt weird and like I couldn't focus, but nothing like before. Then just a week or two ago I finally purchased a pipe and I've pretty much been smoking everyday for about two weeks now. And only one time did I feel what I did the first time I felt high, where I was super happy and everything was just amazing to look at. All the other times, I just get confused and/or tired but I do feel very relaxed and I get the munchies really bad... So, what I don't understand is, why is that really great high, what I really expected weed to be like, only hitting me so rarely? And most of the time, I feel like its a disappointment and I just feel all confused and tired.

And before you answer, I know the most obvious thing I'd hear is "You probably don't inhale right." And I admit, the first time I didn't. The second time I tried and I took way too big of a hit and coughed really bad. And then the third time I also took a big hit and just coughed. Also, ever since I bought my pipe, I've been inhaling really well. I can feel it burn and I hold it in my lungs for about 5 seconds then exhale. But I still rarely ever feel what I expect.
    Lastly, I know it has a lot to do with the type of weed like sativa or indica. But I've only used two different strains and felt the happy high on both. So if anyone could maybe explain why I experience this would be greatly appreciated. I just want to enjoy it :smoke:

2. There are many things that may affect the quality, length, intensity, or characteristics of your buzz. Some of which would include - your environment (some people get paranoid smoking certain places, or uncomfortable), the type or quality of marijuana you're smoking (high-quality bud makes me paranoid as a motherfucker), or even the mindset you're in before you start puffing away... Everyone's body chemistry is different - therefore, things such as this will affect everyone differently.

You'll just have to learn, over time - where, what, and how you prefer to enjoy the herb... As well as many other things such as how THC, CBN, and such similar chemicals affect the brain , how different methods of ingestion can produce different effects, so on and so forth.

Practice makes perfect. :hello::smoke:

/edit: Welcome to The City!

3. ^Definitely the environment can have a large affect on my type of high. When I'm just walking round random streets, my high is usually just somewhat confusing. But when I have time to lay in the countryside and toke, my high is so much more enjoyable.

4. I can definitely see what you mean, the first two times I felt extremely great I was at a friends house and we would go get lunch and then watch a movie and it was fun as hell. But I also smoked there three times without feeling it. And ever since I bought a pipe and have been doing it at home alone, I still felt extremely high around the third time but never again/:

5. Just try different methods of smoking, or ingesting. Different sources of pot, perhaps what you got the first few times was a bit more potent than the latter... Who knows. Just gotta' test the waters, and jump in for a swim.

6. Maybe you just smoke a lot of indicas. (Body high) You have to ask for sativa which is a head high.

7. Chances are - unless you have access to a medshop, or a grower - you're not going to be able to dictate the genetics of the plant. I buy middies - and there is no way in hell of telling what the fuck the origins of them are.

8. People dedicate their lives to chaseing that first high. Be glad your doing it with weed and not some awful unmentionable.

9. Like your mom?

LOLOLOLOL jk, brother. :p

10. I did think at first it was because it was my first time so it was just that more exciting and all, but its happened multiple times, and the last time was like my 10ish time.

11. If you are expecting every high to be your first high, your expectations are impossible. Your first high is likely to never be achieved again. I know I haven't come close to my first ever high.

Is the weed good? Plays a pretty big part in it lol.

12. . Your mindset going in is the biggest factor next to weed quality. I smoke the same weed from the same plant all year and if I am partying it revs me up, but if I just want to chill it mellows me out.
    And I don't usually get blazed as fuck, but I certainly can if I want to. Hard to compare it to the first time as that was long ago.

13. Sounds like me op

Seems like it brought out my anxiety and racing thoughts. The very first time I tried it I was very happy.

Take omega 3, and if you think you have anxiety try taking magnesium for a week.

Both are cheap and can be bought over the counter in the vitamin section

Do you have problems talking while high? My words confuse themselves and people think I have a mental disability

14. honestly, from my experience all i can say is dont think too much about it ..

when you constantly worry about what will kill your high or if your not high enough, ull end up killing your own buzz lmao

just sit back, relax, and enjoy the toke

15. SMOKE MOAR!:smoke:
    I can't really figure out what else the problem could be.
    Try waiting a week and see what happens then, maybe you just build tolerance at a higher rate than most.

16. its just your expectations are way too high

17. haha funny, I just posted a thread similar to this the other day. I've been having similar issues, however, I've been smoking a while now. That first time for me was about 2 years ago. Since then I've become educated about weed and having different pieces and have a good smoking spot right in my room or anywhere around my house (parents don't mind).

Sitting at my desk listening to music used to bring me so much joy, even after say the 50th time of smoking in that spot. But now, even though I'm smoking better weed, it's just not doing what it used to. Perhaps it's because I'm to familiar with my environment or that I'm thinking about my high to much.

I've been taking omega 3's for its ability to help with skin and all that, I just recently found out it helps with weed highs. So I'll start taking those more often and see if it doesn't help.

18. I also think maybe because I've become so educated on weed, it doesn't seem as much a mystery and so I'm to familiar with it. Therefore, not being as high maybe?

19. The only way to get close to the first high and you still wont but will get close to the first high possibly is take a T-Break for a few weeks

20. Exactly, and another thing is to smoke and do something to take your mind off how you just smoked. For example, I longboard and when I'm high I concentrate on longboarding more than how I feel, but I definitely still feel high. Maybe you just need to get something to stop you from worrying about "will I get high this time? Is it working?" just chill with some friends and watch a movie or something. You said the first time you got really high you where active with your friends, try doing that again.