I don't understand this dream...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hiimhi, Oct 23, 2010.

1. I've lucid dreamt, many, many times..But this one was, odd...
    First thing I remember was flipping a lightswitch, my bathroom one, I don't know why I know it was from my bathroom, but it was my bathroom switch, it didn't work. I actually said "Lights don't work in dreams, that means I can fly."
    Then doing a flying flip in my living room above my couch, looking down to picture a very dark floor with an outline of our couch..
    Then I started flailing my legs and arms, nothing in the dream I just knew that's what I was doing, and me shouting to myself "WAKE UP!" and waking up

First time I had this dream, Not the first time I had the light switch happen, but it was the same light switch episode, just...longer dream with more chapters

2. I know exactly what your dream means.

It means your soul is trying to get out.

3. Hmm, could be, what do you mean by this, though?

4. It's like, your soul, is trying to escape your body.

5. oh really:eek:

but the crazy thing was that I hadn't meditated in a few months, and I did the night before I had this dream, I'm not sure if I had the dream while I was meditating, or sleeping.....

6. Some people mediate all their life just to have an experience like this, where the soul is freed from the body.

But it doesn't happen to everyone. It happens only to a few who has the power to do it.

Were you able to free your soul from your body?

7. I always get really creeped out when I tell myself to wake up when I'm dreaming. Especially when it isn't a lucid one.

8. I don't have much time, so I'll just leave this and go.

--

When the soul is freed from the body, you can feel things that you were never able to feel due to constraints of your physical body.

When the soul is trapped in a body, all you can feel is mostly from your physical body. Sights, smells, sounds, etc...

But when you are freed from your physical conditions, you feel... something that is unexplanable.

And once you feel that, you won't be the same person again.

It will change how you think, how you feel... essentially it will change you completely.

If you're still wondering what I'm talking about, then you were just dreaming.

But if you know what I'm talking about, then you know what I'm talking about.

9. #9 hiimhi, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010

It's an odd euphoria, but not just a normal one, it's more open feeling..the only way I can think to describe is more completed
    I used to get a LOT of auditory hallucinations, and still do from time to time but I've really learned to control them, so to speak. I've become really good at clearing my mind, making it that black emptyness from sound, pictures and thoughts, a really calm mind.

I'm going to meditate again tonight and see how deep I can really go

10. just read what everyones sayin.. yeah sounds appropriate :)

bathroom, place were your body functions.

sounds like in your dream you realized something unrealizable and were perfectly good with it

11. I love trying to interpret dreams.

The first thing, turning on your bathroom light switch. Probably has something to do with the start of the day, most people go to the bathroom as soon as they wake up, and of course turn on the light switch.

As for the "Lights don't work in dreams, that means I can fly." Since you lucid dream, thoughts of an actual dream are probably flowing through your mind, and theres a few sayings relative to that quote. I've never heard of that one specifically but certain ones like wearing a watch in a dream or other things. I'd perceive that thought to specifically come from you being aware of lucid dreaming.

I don't quite understand the last part. Anyways afterall I didnt have the dream, but just from hearing it thats some of the thoughts that crossed my mind. I haven't been able to lucid dream in awhile :( I don't get peaceful rest with where I'm living atm.

12. I think I am correct in saying that if you are telling yourself to wake up in the dream,,, you know you are asleep and therefore dreaming, so it has just become or has been lucid.

The lightbulb thing is one of your personal signs that you realize you are dreaming. It tells you that you are lucid. It is commonly in the bathroom too.

13. You do? I do too.

--

When I try to interprete a dream, there's something special going on.

First, there's the connection between the person who's interpreting the dream, and the person who's telling the dream.

In order for a dream to be interpreted correctly, there needs to be a very good connection between the two.

We need to understand the psychology of the two people.

1. Why does a person tell his/her dream to someone else?
    2. And why does a person try to interprete someone else's dream?

--

1. In case of the psychology behind a person who wants his/her dream to be interpreted, it is basically because the person is seeking a good listener.

I won't go too deep into this, because I still have to cover more things with this post.

--

2. In case of the psychology behind a person who wants to interprete someone else's dream, it is basically because the person is seeking someone to help.

Again, I won't go too deep into this, because I don't want to type too much...

14. i seriously think i might have freed my soul accidently or something

15. It happens.

Sometimes by accident, sometime on purpose...

What happened? Floating in mid air?

16. yea sometimes when im really high i feel like im floating in mid air lol. is it bad to free your soul

17. I wouldn't say BAD, but I would say RISKY.

If you don't know what you're doing, thing could get really weird... Like, you would go crazy or something like that.

18. #19 hiimhi, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2010

I had a dream last night, a lucid dream. It was.....weird.
    All the sudden I was flying with my feet forward, like I was sitting down...but hovering.
    I was in my front yard, it was daylight, and I was facing my house
    my moms face appeared for a second, and then went away..
    I stopped hovering and at this point I thought in my dream that my breathing was what affected me flying or not, and I felt my breathing slow down, I started hovering again and then I woke up.

It seems as though that I either don't dream, or it's a lucid dream. It's fun to explore my mind but at the same time I don't know how far I should really go.

19. There's a difference between a really trippy dream, and soul escaping your body.

A trippy dream, once you had it, you will want to have it again.

But the experience of your soul, escaping your body, once you go thru it, you wouldn't want to do it again...