I don't understand how to ventilate my indoor greenhouse

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Adlogin, May 12, 2009.

1. i got a dark room dr120. what's the best way to keep fresh air flowing? i don't get the concept.

i know i need an air exhaust am i supposed to hook that up to a carbon filter? is the filtered air then going to go to the outside of the room or is the filtered air going to stay in the tent?

can anyone explain that to me. i would also appreciate some recommended products!!
    thanks guys

2. Your grow tent will have a hole in the roof, this is where the exaust air will be going out. It depending on what size of lamp you will be using or if you will be using a cooltube,
    we'll just say you are hooking up a 4" carbon filter and fan:
    You will need 4" carbon filter, 4" exaust fan and 4" ducting (plus ductape or clips for connecting)
    Connect the 4" carbon filter to one end of 4" ducting, then the 4" fan to the other end of the 4" ducting (making sure the fan blowing the right direction), connect another lenght of 4" ducting to the other end of the 4" fan. So you should have:
    (carbon filter)+(ducting)+(fan)+(ducting) or you can have (carbon filter)+(fan)+(ducting)
    You keep the carbon filter in the grow tent (attach it to the ceiling of the tent, exausting the high warmer air), in other words, you will be sucking air through the carbon filter, and exausting it out through the hole in the root of the tent.
    Or alternitavly you can attach one end of the fan to the carbon filter and other end of the fan to ducting (like mentioned above). You can keep the fan inside the tent or outside the tent, it doesnt really matter.
    With exaust you'll need intake, you can have it passively (having no fan, only ducting) or you can have a fan connected to ducting, usually the intake is coming from fresh air from outside.

• Like Like x 1