I Don't Understand Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Verse, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Every time I have smoked a cigarette, I feel pretty good about half way through during the time I'm smoking. When I'm done, however, I feel lightheaded as fuck, groggy and begin sweating a little bit. Overall, I feel like complete shit.

I'm not an expert on cigarettes but is it possible that I'm getting too much nicotine which causes me to feel this way? If so, is there a brand or anything I could try to actually enjoy cigarettes?

I know I should take this as a blessing, so that I will never become addicted but I really want to understand why people smoke so fucking much, when it makes me feel like dick. Ugh.

2. An old thread, but I may as well answer since no one else did. What you're experiencing is commonly known as a "nicotine high" and comes from you and your bodies intolerance to the cigarettes and the chemicals (including the nicotine within).

People who habitually smoke cigarettes develop a tolerance and don't usually feel as lightheaded and sick as a new smoker puffin on a Newport will feel.

As for a cigarette with less nicotine, try a "light" variety of whichever type you prefer (filtered, unfiltered, menthol, full flavor, etc).

3. That actually cleared things up a little bit. Thanks for replying man, now I can make some sense of things :D

4. When I started smoking cigs, I would get very lightheaded, dizzy, and sometimes almost nauseated. I soon got past that stage, and actually began to enjoy the nicotine buzz.
    If you want to start smoking (I would not recommend it), just smoke some more cigarettes until your body gets used to the nicotine and you can enjoy it.

5. Sometimes It takes a while to find your cig of preference.
    I enjoy Camel Menthols.
    Taste good and give me that buzz in the morning.

6. yeah nicotine is an irritant and highly poisonous.

7. I smoked for 10 years and quit in May using Chantix. I've gained weight but when I run/play I'm not sore in the lungs, I'm sore in my body :)

8. I tried smoking when I was 17, simply because I didn't get carded, and was able to buy a pack of Newports lol. I finished one pack of Newports, and a half a pack of Camels, but that was about as far as it ever really got. I never got much of a buzz, as I usually have a nice fat cigar 3-6 times a month, so I don't get much nicotine out of a cigarette. The fact that my hands smelled terrible as well as my clothes, was enough reason for me to stop...

They are damned expensive too :(

9. roll your own. cheaper and better imo. bugler ftw

10. When I first started smoking I would always get this. Cold-sweats, nausea, puking....and feeling fucking lifeless/empty/FUCKING SHITTY. Seriously I wanted to curl up in a ball and die. Too much nicotine I guess.

Now I can smoke the shit outta cigarettes and hardly feel a thing.

11. This is how I felt the first 10ish times I smoked a cig. Had to lay down, felt nasty and and light headed. For some reason I continued to smoke them, and now 3 years later I smoke a pack a day.

12. cigarette tobacco through a bong wont give you that sick feeling.

you have to hit it as hard as you can though and hold it for mad deep.

dont listen to me

13. I didn't like cigs for a long time, would just bum them from people when drunk. Then when I started doing OC, I bummed a red from someone because he said they were the best cigs and since then I've smoked a pack a day. I fucking love marlboro reds now.

14. Damn, I guess I'm not the only one. I might as well just stop then, I don't care much for cigarettes anyway. It's just more money that could be put towards weed instead :D

15. i keep rolling tobacco and papers in my drawer but only smoke on ocassion. ill roll a couple and take em along if im guna be drinking, tripping or doing something that makes cigs that much better.

16. cigarettes are what people call a acquired taste. you wont like cigarettes in the begining they will hurt taste terrible seem disgusting. but eventually you will learn to love them. when i first started smoking it was a purely social thing. like go outside have a cigarette and have a nice conversation. then i started smoking more weed and it became im so baked a cigarette would be sweet. then it became i need something to smoke in between bowls. then at that point youre addicted

17. yea you get that feeling from too much tobbacco. i hated that feeling. ughhh. you can just smoke one till you feel it then put it out. relight it later wen you want some more. your body will build a tolerance and you will be able to smoke a whole one once your body gets used to it.
    but you shouldnt start smoking anyway, its a stick of poison. thats why your body rejects it like the way it does. Just dont even do it.
    If you'll like you are better off with smoking tobbacco out a bong. it filters better than the cig filter and you wont get that nasty shit feel.
    and dont hold for long in you longs like another posted suggested. its not like weed.

18. i don't see the point, you drink to get drunk you smoke weed to get high, you smoke cigarettes to smell like shit ;)

19. I disagree about them being an acquired taste. When you smoke cigarettes, you're building up a tolerance to poison. That's like saying you acquire a taste for cyanide.

@ OP:

Don't start smoking. The feelings you are getting are because nicotine (and all the other chemicals they put in cigarettes) is extremely toxic, and your body is getting sick because you are putting those toxins into it...

Tell me... What's so appealing about this?

[​IMG]

I really don't understand smoking. Who in their right mind would want to put something into their bodies that is so widely known to cause shit like in that picture? I mean yeah... It's a stress reliever... It can give ya a bit of a buzz... At least while you're still new to it. But is it really worth being an addict/smelling like shit/reduced sense of smell & taste/risk of all sorts of nasty diseases/etc.? I just don't understand how anyone who has any kind of respect for themselves, and their bodies, would willingly ingest something that's so toxic. It just leaves me sitting there like this: :confused_2:

20. i dont like cigarettes either, i used to smoke them casually when i was bored and there wasnt much weed, or just high and bored w/ friends.

but with cigarettes, you cant just start out with smoking a whole one. you have to like smoke a little bit and work your tolerance up. i didnt know this way back when, and i smoked like 7 in one day [real bored] and i puked.. it was so gross..

but cigs are pretty much pointless, no high, it'll makes you die.. haha rhymes
    dont even taste good