I dont think we evolved from monkeys

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by devilsheep, Sep 6, 2011.

1. I was thinking one day when I was high and I really just couldn't believe that we evolved from monkeys. I think early man was of a different species than monkeys, and early man evolved into what we are today.

It just doesn't make sense, like WHY do we have to come from something? Why couldn't we have been our own original species created specially just like every other animal... no other animal is believed to come from another. (correct me if im wrong)

2. We didn't evolve from monkeys. No one has said that and the only ones that think that are those that don't understand evolution. We had a common ancestor, we didn't come from them.

3. I'm not an expert in the field by any means, but all living life forms on earth have a common ancestor. Monkeys are the closest to us in terms of genetic composition that arose from that common ancestor.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to go back to the exact point in time when the first monkey jumped out of the trees and started walking.

4. Animals have to evolve to keep up with our ever changing enviroment, so through this evolution new species are formed from old ones.

Most of the animals we see today are just dinosaurs that have drastically evolved to keep up with the natural progression of the earth.

Nature cannot introduce "new species" because nature would become unbalanced,

....... And this is where my brain shuts off, if somebody can add to this to help get what im saying across it would be appreciated :)

5. lol, everything has evolved from a common ancestor.

I don't know why you would think that no other animal has evolved, but other animals (all of them) have evolved from something else. Didn't you learn this stuff in school?

6. HEY! i just read this...

7. Actually chimpanzees are closest to us, as are most apes (because we're apes and monkeys aren't).

8. who cares what we evolved from, its all speculation anyways, no one can say for sure whats what when you're talking about ANYTHING 100+ years ago.

9. Thats where you are wrong.

Nothing was created.

Everything adapted.

10. This. We share 50-60% of our dna with bananas but that doesn't mean we are half banana. Not all your dna determines what you look like. Most dna is involved in the building cellular structures and processes including the production of proteins and enzymes. They may be very minute but they are vital to keeping us alive and functioning.

And then there is also a lot of "junk" dna that has no function at all (correct me if i'm wrong, but i think there has been progress made here). These are carryovers from common ancestors between two organisms. It's this junk DNA thats really a sign of common ancestry. Why else would there be common sequences of base-pairs in the dna, that are present in both species, but serves no function, as far as we know, in either species?

11. Junk DNA has actually been found to have significant purpose during development of creating your body. When they are no longer needed they're flipped off and appear useless, but actually you wouldn't be able to be here without them. The more we research it the more the gaps are filled.

You should start doing some deep research into the other side of things though.

Just because people cram it down your throats that you're a relative of a bacteria doesn't make it so. I honestly feel people have been somewhat brainwashed about evolution and believe it just because they almost have to and it's majority opinion. Whenever questioned about it they just point to the famous whale evolution or the peppered moth and say "see!" without even understanding it themselves.

Did you know years back every single scientists believed that larger objects fell faster then lighter objects because it was portrayed as fact? Does that make it anymore true though just because someone told you that's how it is?

Have you ever wondered why there's so many species of every single animal on the planet, except humans? Out of all 7billion of us there is not one human who has went on to further evolve to their surroundings, not even remote tribes long lost in tropical rain forests. We may slightly adapt to create separate races, but we are all still 100% human and can interbreed with any other given human.

Evolution takes adaptation and exaggerates it beyond none other. And I can guarantee anything given as 'evidence' for evolution is actually adaptation which is a process to create variety within a kind so it can populate the entire world from just that one kind.

Natural selection selects from what already exists, it is not a creative force. It's like a quality control, how long would you think for a quality control system in a car factory which takes out the defects in cars to make a helicopter out of that car? It's just not going to happen, you must build the helicopter from the ground up to even begin letting that thing become capable of flight.

I've read some scientists even saying that evolution may go down in history as one of the dumbest theories, just because so many people believe it with such an astonishing amount of lacking evidence. The fossil record if anythings shows us a very distinct creation with creatures going on to produce only after their kind. Ffs the very first creatures that supposedly evolved are still alive today with no changes at all.. and they themselves don't even have any predecessors to have evolved from.. they just suddenly appear in the fossil record.

Even the entire dating system is all based around circular reasoning and the presumed assumption that evolution has already happened..

Just don't buy into everything you hear, research it for yourself and gain your own opinion.

12. #12 Peter Griffin, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    For anyone who hasn't seen it, if you feel like evolution just doesn't seem right you might like these videos. If you are open to the possibility of evolution not really being real you should really find these interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeHDCfRzrXk]dragons or dinosaurs - creation or evolution 1 - YouTube[/ame]

You can definitely skip the library parts lol

13. all dogs evolved from the gray wolf for startes.

but yes humans did NOT come form monkeys. creations like to say that to make it sound like an undesireable theory.

we evolved from a COMMON ANCESTOR to the monkey, if that makes more sense, kinda like how a chiwawa and a husky were once both gray wolves.

but gray wolves still exist, which answers your other question too! showing that creatures dont change into other creatures, but split

14. I don't believe I evolved from a monkey. If I had to take a stab at it I would say that I evolved from a creature that was part lion, serpent, and devil bird that fought his way from the depths of hell to bring terror upon man many hundreds of thousands of years ago. I do believe animals evolve though like the fanged frogs they found in Papua New Guinea. I'd like to know what they have to eat that they would need fangs for.

15. lol not this video aganin...

16. so what your saying is that you cant turn a car into a helicopter and that disproves evolution, ok just making sure i understand that.

well for starters the car falicy often forgets that cars DID evolve. all modern vehicles are evolved from a common ancestor

Wheel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

creationsts like to make you think that cars dont give birth to new different cars or something like that and thats why evolution is a lie, but in reality, cars com from humans, and the even planes are evolved from the origional design, we just added wings.

17. No, first of all saying that cars can reproduce, adaptation cannot change a car to something that flies.

You see, natural selection selects from what already exist in the genome, it's not adding anything new.

Adaptation would be like painting your car white to deflect heat, adding larger tires for rough terrain or adding a spoiler to increase rear wheel traction.

Evolution to a car would be like adding a pair of wings one gradual step at a time while hanging around for no purpose until a complete propeller just so happens to evolve and the vehicle had properly been balanced.

To make something aerodynamic you must first start from the ground up with flight in mind. You do not build aerodynamic machines, whether biological machines nor planes or helicopters on accident.. just ask the Wright brothers and anyone else in history who has tried to achieve flight.

There must be a very precise design set out beforehand and ingenious engineering to make something capable of flight. It is not something that just so happens through some random mindless processes.. it takes intelligence.

18. Me to, were did the cave man get knowledge to teach the people?

19. What the fuck.

[​IMG]

20. This is one of the worst, most unscientific and strawmanned threads I have seen in a long time.

Virtually all of you are completely and utterly wrong from the very first premise.

This thread should be removed from the S&N section and moved to Pandora's Box. I am genuinely ashamed at this thread. If we are who represent the cannabis counter-culture; then no wonder the general voting public fucking ignores us and our claims concerning cannabis criminality. What a horrible demonstration of poor comprehension, research and critical analysis.

Even the understand of a fundamental pillar of modern biology like evolution is totally void in this thread. What a fucking nightmare.

For those interested.