i dont think they like it.......what do you think?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Bosboy, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Hey gc,here are my autos that I have going right now. they are in a mix that I'm trying out,and I don't think they like it they are Afghan kushryder,Pakistani Ryder,they have about 3 weeks to reach 45 day mark.how do they look to you all

Attached Files:

2. Does anyone want to speak on this do they look ok. Sorry for unclear pic camera phone pic

3. Your right they don't look great. It looks to me like they might have mites, due to the tiny white spots on the leafs.

I don 't know much about autos, but if you post the soil's ingredients maybe someone could help.....MIW

4. bosboy, have you used a glass on them to see if there is anything crawling around on them? I am leaning toward what wolverine stated. I haven't noticed any deficiencies before that have left those kinds of markings on the leaves except some kind of insect. Do you have any organic insect sprays, or neem oil you can try on them? Get a good magnifying glass and check them while your lights are on and using a flashlight when it has been dark in there for a while.

good luck.

JaK

5. As A matter of fact I thought the same and yes I have some organic insect spray for fruit and flowers omri approved. Do you think I can Save them and yield worth something.also they are outdoors with about 3weeks or so left until scheduled harvest.

6. It's certainly worth trying to save them......MIW

7. #7 yoctown, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
    Hows the weather been? A few autos I started early outdoor look like that without the possible mite problem (the quicker finishing ones). I think it was just because of the terrible weather myself but could be the strain doesn't like less then 18 hours light (most auto companies recommend 20/4). I started them early because it was looking nice. It turned bad quickly and took till the first week of june to get good weather. Lumens are considerably less in overcast and the cold weather cuts down on root growth. I am pretty sure this is the reason at least for me. I can tell with my non autoflowers I was light dep outdoor. They are never going to yield close to what they should have given optimal conditions.

Anyways. Is plan B underway? I would get some more plants out (if you don't already). I wouldn't bank on those yielding much. Some of my auto's don't look to bad so it could be strain dependent but I am pretty sure the later flower time and the better weather is contributing because I didn't see much growth from my normal outdoor seeds till the weather got better.

8. The whether has been normal maybe a little dry but in the mid 90's Which is normal for southern USA around this time.if I germ some photoperiods now will it be worth going outdoors?

9. #9 yoctown, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
    I guess it is more genetics then. Some autos are built for indoors and some outside it seems like.

I say you should germ some photoperiods asap. I am not sure what kind of yield you will get but it still is June so I would think they still have some time to grow. Make sure you do a few. Can't bank on getting a female everytime unless they are femmed. Then still you may need to consider the late start. I bet they will yield more then those little guys no offense :). Hell like I said I got a few myself I am not to impressed with. And a couple others (pandora, mi5, super cali haze) that are lookin good. Along with my photoperiod plants of course.

What have you been feeding your autos? How often have you been watering? Type of soil? Useful info for advice for them.

10. Well here we go,it was an organic mix of blood meal,bone meal,jungle growth organic potting soil,dolimite lime,just. Water and fish ferts every few watering.I also used the same mix on an photoperiod Afghan and it did ok

11. Well the plants look pretty healthy other then the couple white spots and the low yield. It sounds like you are on the right track. Also make sure you allow the soil to dry out before watering again if you haven't been but I doubt you would be making that mistake it sounds like you have stuff pretty together.

Autos can be picky. There isn't really isn't much info about some strains let alone how each one does in what conditions. I did find a few that I heard do good outdoors and seem to be. I took a shot on something without much info grew one indoor turned out great and the rest outdoor are shabby and don't look like they are going to yield much. The complaint about autos already is how low their yield is. It doesn't help when you take one meant for indoors outdoors I am sure.

Anyways, you should do just fine with a new photo period grow. If it was a different auto strain I bet these would look excellent also.

12. Well I guess its photoperiod time! Starting line up(super lemon haze,g-force,kings kush,blue cheese, sage-n-sour and last but not least seeds from an Afghan female that was pollenated by a reversed northern lights female(all fems) gotta love it