i dont think i wanna join the military now...

Discussion in 'General' started by Jokapo, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Honestly, after reading many stories how the DEA and police get away with murder because of the war on drugs, ive lost sight of what america stands for....

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2998.html

This pushed me over tbe edge. I had tears running down my face as i read this.

I want to protect the ppl, but i dont think i can do it with our current government. It doesnt deserve my life being put on.the line. But its still my dream to be a u.s. navy corpsman. What do u guys think?

2. Yea, I can't read shit like that.

Makes me wanna start randomly shooting cops in front of their families :mad:

3. I commend you

4. you can still train your ass off and be in good shape..

anf find other ways to help.

5. Good on you man, you would only be fighting for rich people to get more money, oh and a few oil company's.

6. aka rich people tryin to get more money

7. Theres no honor in fighting for our country now. They just turn people into a bunch of dogs.

8. you mean you actually considered it?

9. Haha thanks guys. Guess ill keep goin to skool and get my emt certification

And yes i seriously did consider it.

10. I just wish there was a way to change that kinda stuff...

11. Doesn't really affect my decision :/.

I need a Damn job!(a better one.)

Who sais the navy will accept you anyways? It is currently full to the motherfucking tee. My recruiting process has been pure hell.

More postions mightve opened up since OCt 1 passed already. End of fiscal year thing...atleast that's what my recruiter told me

12. We are living under the rule of the government. The DEA especially seems to be let off it's leash with no regard. It's scary to think that people that are appointed to protect you could come in and destroy everything you worked for, own, love, or they can even take your freedom just because they want to. It's not right when citizens have to FEAR the police force which seems to be the case everyone i know is afraid of the polce because of instances like this that have happened. Isn't that exactly the opposite of what the police are supposed to stand for?

13. I'm planning on joining the air force, already planning on shipping out around January. All the benifits, health insurance, they pretty much pay for all your expenses, school, housing etc... steady pay...

Idk... seems worth it to me.

14. ive thought about it too but my eyesight isnt perfect and i like smoking weed too much :smoke: If i were to join any armed services it would only be to play in the band though, the armies have some of the best jazz bands in the world

15. Sounds like it's not your dream anymore then if you don't believe in what the government is standing for. Don't be a pawn for the chess player that you don't want to win. Just get a decent job and continue smoking pot =]

16. [quote name='"Casual Toker"']I'm planning on joining the air force, already planning on shipping out around January. All the benifits, health insurance, they pretty much pay for all your expenses, school, housing etc... steady pay...

Idk... seems worth it to me.[/quote]

It is, my dad was a marine for 20 years.

Its just how fucked up the U.S. is becoming. If i join, it'll be to fight for the people, and give aid to those i can (remember i plan on being on a medic). not the government or the president.

17. you dont have to be corrupt to be a cop or in the military, if anything it would better if you joined the military, or some other governmental agency, whats the best way to bring a building down? from the inside.

you can get information and expose corrupt officers and serve justice.

you seem like a really good person, and imo, this country needs more good people on the inside.

18. [quote name='"Captainbasch420"']you dont have to be corrupt to be a cop or in the military, if anything it would better if you joined the military, or some other governmental agency, whats the best way to bring a building down? from the inside.

you can get information and expose corrupt officers and serve justice.

you seem like a really good person, and imo, this country needs more good people on the inside.[/quote]

Dude, thank u.
    I love that part about bringing down a building. Guess itll be easier to change things from the inside to.

19. #19 dddaver, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    And THAT'S the reason I did my 20, and hated every fucking minute of it. Nothin' ever changes by bitching about it. All that does is then the opposition sees your complaints and they set up better propaganda and methods to defeat the protesters. I like that idea of buildings coming down from the INSIDE. Actually my intent was never to destroy anything, just to make it better though. :D

20. That's laughable man.

Only someone really high in rank can shake up the military 'from the inside' as you suggest
    Their is very little a new recruit can say/do to make any meaningful change in the military.