Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i don't think i got my priorities straight

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by goohara, May 15, 2012.

1. for some reason i keep smoking a lot so i'm high all day and end up skipping a lot of classes and stuff... don't know how to stop my mates are always around and that's what we do. i know i'm fucking up has this ever happened to anyone? what can i do?

2. I did that in hs ended up getting expelled and almost killing myself.

You just gotta have self control

3. Self control, it's not crack, smoke a little bud after as a reward for going to classes.

4. [quote name='"Mr DudeMan"']Self control, it's not crack, smoke a little bud after as a reward for going to classes.[/quote]
    i know it's not crack i just like to enjoy weed because everything looks much less boring

5. Take a 3-4 day t break then when you start smoking again smoke less frequently. That's what I did recently and I feel great because of it.

6. I know exactly where your coming from, fortunately by the time I got to college I managed to acquire some self-discipline. Weed is awesome and it may seem to make everything infinitely better, especially when things in your life aren't going exactly how you might want. Eventually you have to learn to control your urges and be responsible, getting high and having fun should be a reward for the hard work you do in other areas in your life. If it becomes the only thing you do you need to take a break and prove to yourself that your life doesn't revolve around weed. It's not going to be easy at first but you'll be glad you did.

7. Sorry but your just a weak person if something like marijuana controls you life. You are the one who gives us smokers a bad name for being lazy and unproductive members of society.

8. Take a break and go to class. It really isn't that difficult. Yeah smoking with your friends seem less boring than school but those same friends aren't going to be around forever. Take care of yourself first.

9. shit idk how much help i could be i was a fuck up around high school, well not really i just didnt give a fuck. i dropped out 10th grade and got my ged which is going great im looking for a good tech school to go to. but if i have 2 cents to throw in its get through high school before you start smoking every day if you cant do so and get your work done i know how fun it is to skip i missed 72 days of freshman year...not proud of it but everything turned out ok in the end so i cant complain.

10. classes > weed:smoke:
    education > weed:smoke:
    people > weed (there are exceptions...I would not pass a joint to Dick Cheney if his life depended on it...:devious:)
    WORK ....well...geeeee....hmmm....thats subjective and SOOOO many variables involved...ok, work sucks, but you need it to get weed...there I said it...:eek:

Don't let weed control you...its just a damned intoxicant to enjoy, not what life is about.:cool:

Moderation and self control are keys to a long life enjoying your favorite herb.:hello:

...but a few prayers and or sacrifices to Cthulhu wouldn't hurt...:p
    [​IMG]

11. Eh its mostly will power. I'm a huge procrasinator even before I smoked. what I had to do is set a schedule get a physical calander/day planner (electronic ones are too easy to ignore) and write down what you have to do for the day and get them out of the way. While ultimately the responsability lays on you if your friends aren't encouraging you Id slowly cut down on how long I spend with them. That's just me an my introverted nature though.

12. If you can't smoke add be responsible don't smoke please. I'm in college and blaze in the morning before class with coffee then I immediately hit campus before it fully sets in so I have no choice but to go to class

13. I was there too for a bit, and like everyone else says: self-control. Essentially, it's a muscle you have to work on.

Limit yourself to an eighth bi-weekly, get comfortable with making that work, then when you have that down, go for a gram a week. That's what I did.

Also, start holding on smoking every other day instead of every day, then ween yourself to every-other day or just the three day weekends. Along the way, you'll lower your tolerance, save money, and keep your mind on studying and getting stuff done.

14. just dont be a loser.

15. you see the problem so fix it.

16. Went through the same troubles in highschool.
    Messed up for a long while but finally got on track, I'd only smoke after school as a reward for doing good. Another plus about it is it keeps your tolerance sorta low so that first puff at the end of the day is like heaven.

17. You only live once do what you feel is right. But If smokin the herb interferes with things that are more important to you, then maybe it's time to quit or atleast cut back. Maybe cut out the wake n bakes so you can go to class/work or whatever and get your "responsible people" things done first, and then blaze up at the end of the day. It's much more rewarding and keeps your life on track a little better.

But hey don't take my word for it.

18. Don't worry it happens to the best of us. I was like that for the longest time until I realized that smoking a lot of weed didn't really help me in life, it just made time go by fast as hell and I gained nothing from it. I realized that after smoking soo much I'm still in the same place I was 4 years ago when I was 18. Just make sure you know what you want to do in life and when you go after that then you can smoke your ass off when you graduate or get the job you want that's what I realized but I realized it way too late.

19. [quote name='"goohara"']
    i know it's not crack i just like to enjoy weed because everything looks much less boring[/quote]

It becomes a downward spiral of all sorts of problems if you cant control your hobbies.

20. You need an educAtion in todays society to get a good job, and to get alot of weed to smoke requires money, money requires a job.

School ----> job ----> money -----> more weed than u ever need