I dont think I can LST, my girls are too tall!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cannabislover, Jan 26, 2009.

1. thanks for all the responses people they have given me tons of ideas and creative alternatives :) I think Im going to cut out the bottom of the grow room (becuase its just plastic) and but cinderblocks or something under the whole setup. This will give me about 1.2 feet of extra room, then Ill mash them down a little with some chicken wire.:hello:
    So how big does the chickenwire need to be? I have a roll of it downstairs but I dont know if its the right kind

And how low from the light should I put the wire?

Attached Files:

2. I would place it at least 3 feet down from the light if possible. You just gotta feel it out ya know? Push the plants as far down as they will permit without breaking branches, and then go from there, I will post my pics here in a few min to show ya what I mean.

as far as the holes in between the chicken wire, just make them big enough for some good size buds to develop.

gimmie sum time and pics will follow

3. Thankyou very much, pictures will help tremendously. I won't b home till later but I'm going to fix up the room as soon as the lights turn on.

4. pics are up, check the link in my sig "Indoor Ebb&Gro Lucas Formula Grow"

pics of the room are towards the first page, pics of the plants a week and a half ago and the chicken wire on the last page

5. you can definitely LST how they are with all them in there...it will be very crowded but you can do it, just over the next few days or weeks, tie them down more and more until there as far as you can get. then when all the side branches rise to high have a scrog cage ready to weave them in and out. you will have really good yield i believe:hello::hello:

6. you will, check out my grow in my sig, the very last page of it

7. Sorry TX, I dont have a camera or I would. Its pretty simple, you just want to loosely tie string to some of your bigger outside branches and pull them gently towards the ground. I used a little weight on the loose end of the string to encourage them to bend. Once the outside branches start bending over, start on a few of the inner branches and do the same thing. It will take a couple of weeks, and you will start to see what I mean. Basically you want to pull all your branches out and down instead of letting them continue to grow up. I'm finding that it takes some patience because the branches dont bend as easily as they do in a younger plant, but it will happen. You can do it.

8. hi,
    you can let em dry out till they are just about to wilt....then bend them easily! dont try to go too far all at once but that is the best way...

try it...

AKgrown

9. I vote this, I use fishing line after drilling tiny holes in the tops of my pots.

10. instead of drilling holes, just use duct tape to tape the string or wire to the side of the pot, saves you time and you dont need to tie knots!

11. ganjag-good one!

AKgrown

12. thank you. something i thought of after my back hurt from bending over and trying about 200 knots!

13. Damn well now some people are telling my to LST and SCRoG!!??

I dont think Im going to be doing any LSTing, I dont know why but it just intimidates me.

Is this chicken wire big enough though?

Attached Files:

14. that looks big enough to me.

i did lst and scrog, but you dont have to do lst if you dont want. it jsut may help before you lay the wire on top.

check out my grow journal in my sig, you will see what i did with my chicken wire

15. i posted some on there os you can see how I set up the wire

16. The pics look good, i think I have a pretty good idea now. would you mind checkin out my new thread in the "chillout zone" under the "general" area its called "im affraid im going to get busted" Let me know what you think ASAP this is a very dire decision I have to make

17. DUDE, LST First!! Don't even think of it as LST if you're intimidated by it. Think of it as "my plants are too close to the light so i'm gonna tie some string to the tall parts of the plant and bend them over so they are not longer too close to the light..." SCRoGing is essentially the same thing as LSTing. The difference is that instead of tying the tops down, you weight the tops down. Same exact result. There is nothing to be intimidated about when LSTing your plants. Secure the lower part of the branch in the direction of your choice, and then tie down the top of the branch in the direction of your choice (AWAY FROM THE LIGHT)

In my previous grow I LST'd my plant until the day I chopped it. It's simple. Don't listen to the people who say your grow is too crowded or that you should but off parts of the plant... Check out how dense the canopy is in my current grow. You've got plenty of room and time to tie down the tops and prevent burning. Next time don't let them get that tall. You should be more nervous to water your plant than to LST your plant.

My Grow..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/310150-diy-scrog-under-100-yield-1-4lb.html

18. That's a good way to look at LST, nothing intimidating about it. Just because it has a fancy name doesn't mean it's hard to do.

Ummm, not quite. Scrog is weaving the plant growth through a screen of some sort (that's what the "scr" in scrog stands for -- screen). It does achieve much the same result as LST by forcing the growth horizontally, allowing more light penetration to lower levels and, for indoor grows, more even, intense lighting over the entire plant. But no weights involved.

19. i believe when he said "you weigh them down with scrog" he meant, you weigh the plant down by pushingg it down with a screen. i think thats what he meant anyway....maybe not lol

20. You might have to chop some tops buddy.