I dont see the hype?

Discussion in 'General' started by Highlife43, May 4, 2021.

1. My theory is all weed is weed they all contain the thc compound found in all female cannabis plants, they give you the same high they just have different genetic structure which in turn give different flavors and tastes i could be wrong but this is just my theory on it, what you guys think?

2. I think granny would have a lot to say about that.

They all contain thc but there are atleast 113 types of cannabinoids and depending on what your strain has going on, its gonna impact the way your receptors interact and therefore creates a different high

Why else would they spend so much time creating so many intricate strains and have so many different types for so many needs?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Some contain no THC at all, or at least very, very low levels.
    Like the CBD hemp I'm using now.

It doesn't get me high, but it does an adequate job of controlling
    my anxiety between crops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not to sound pretentious but you should do more research man. There's THC % but also other cannabinoids and terpenes at different percentages. Among other factors too I believe. Now if you were to say THC % alone is mostly hype or something to that effect regarding bud, I think many people may largely agree actually. But overall weed can have quite a bit of variance.

Perhaps you just get a lot of the same stuff. I mean like Blix said what about low THC strains or hemp? Certainly the difference between a super low THC, high CBD strain would be apparent vs a high THC low CBD one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You have a LOT to learn! There is so much more to cannabis than just getting high on THC! :GettingStoned:

First off, all "marijuana" is cannabis, but not all cannabis is "marijuana"!

Hemp is cannabis with less than 0.3% THC and varying amounts of CBD. You would need to smoke a bale of hemp buds to get a decent high.

"Marijuana" (legally) is any cannabis with THC measuring anywhere from 0.4% up to around 35%, and usually having little or no CBD.

Cannabis produces well over 100 cannabinoids- the exact number is a matter of debate, since new "minor" cannabinoids are frequently being discovered. Some have little effect on the high, others can definitely affect the "marijuana" high.

One of these newly discovered "minor" cannabinoids is THCP, which is some 30 times stronger than THC. It is found tiny amounts in a few type of cannabis, but even a small amount can really alter/enhance the THC high! (And you can bet your bottom dollar that cannabis breeders are already looking for plants with THCP. :laughing: )

New Cannabinoid Discovery: THCP. (news – 2020)
    New Cannabinoid Discovery: THCP

But the point is that the mix of the cannabinoids can create somewhat different highs! Cannabinol (CBN) has more of a mild, heavy and sleepy effect than THC, creating a "couch-lock" effect. Meanwhile, CBD mellows the THC high, making panic attacks less likely in high-strung people.

Then there are the terpenes- these smelly compounds interact with the plant cannabinoids modifying the THC effects even further. To save myself some typing, read this article-

Terpenes - learn how terpenes work synergistically with cannabinoids (news – 2018) Terpenes: Learn how terpenes work synergistically with cannabinoids | Natural Healing Care Center

When you are ready to learn about cannabis and all it can do, here's where you can start your education-
    New January 2021 Granny's List Even just reading the section of news articles will make you see cannabis in a whole new light! :coffee:

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2