Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I don't own land, where can I grow?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by muffintoker, May 27, 2010.

1. I'd say do something along these lines... Try to contact an attorney in your area who could give you god advice about this... Sounds like your landlord doesn't quite "have the right" but only because we're talking about something medical. Remember, landlords can pretty much demand whatever they want. Sucks I know...

Anyway- I'd say get a lawyer and see what he says. If he says you should be able to just do it, then I would... Just make sure that everything is UL listed, nothing half-assed whatsoever. Don't give him a single excuse to scream "fire hazard," which basically all indoor grows are...

t5ho tubes or LED would be a god bet as far as trying to keep people from saying it's a fire hazard, but they're also not the best choice for growing either...

good luck man, sadly this one may not go your way... I wish you the best...

-Weasel

2. if he legally owns the building and everything is in his name on file then he can tell you that you CANNOT grow on his property

3. Such idiotic advice. I don't even know where to start with that.

To answer the OP yes a landlord or subletor can stop you legally. It's still a Federal crime to grow it.

4. I know a landlord has to give you 24 hours notice before they come over, but can they look in your basement/closets without your consent? Because if not you could probably hide it from a landlord.

Shit our landlord leaves us alone as long as the rent check's on time. It could totally work, maybe not in an apartment, but if you got a house to yourself, it could

5. Okay... I have heard about the "Only growing on Property you own" loop hole... But when I got my license and read thoguh all my paperwork... Unless I missed it I didn't see anything about that... Just how many plants I was legally allowed to grow at my "Residence." If you are renting somewhere you are still a Resident correct?

I dunno...

This thread makes me wonder... Can anyone point towards more detailed reading on this law.

:bongin: The Dankapotamus.

6. Grow Indoors

7. There's land all around you dawg. Just find a 10 mile area forest and grow somewhere in there. Get like 40 female clones, 5 per spot, seperate them in different spots to increase your chances and if you put enough out there and take care of them you'll get pounds I dont' care who you are. Google is your friend.:smoke:

8. This matter is still winding its way through courts and is not legally clear for state law. You must rember mj is still federally illegal and allowing you to grow there potentially (arguably) exposes him to legal risk on that level. Likely there are clauses in your lease as well.

Bottom line: You can be evicted. And many have been.

9. Medical Marijuana Program

10. HEy OP~

Check Sacramento's Craig's list. (search prop 215) there was a guy renting land to grow. 200$ a month for a spot on his property. :)

Not sure how trustworthy it will be of course, it is CraigsList.

but it sounds like you best option.

Greens to you
    Cyrate

11. Read through any papers you signed when you rented the place...If it doesn't say anything about it then LEGALLY you can grow in there. that doesnt mean he can't kick you out. It's pretty much his decision, but if theres nothing in there about it then I don't think you can get in legal trouble.