I dont like my lawns mowed.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by catfish swiming, Mar 12, 2011.

1. I dont know about you guys but i dont like my lawns short like this

[​IMG]

I much preffer them to be like this

[​IMG]

Now maybe im a hippy, or even just lazy, because i hate that short look.it just looks unatrual unlike the longer grass

2. i never understood why one would want short prickly dry grass over soft, long grass. it makes no sense to me.

3. yeah my front and back lawn are about 3, maybe 4 inches high and there are lots of dandelions. People probably think im lazy but its better imo.

There is almost a small trail forming to my vegetable garden

4. At first I thought this thread was a euphemism... But then I realised you are actually talking about your lawns :wave:

5. yeah. but when it comes to girls... I prefer there "lawns" to be "mowed"

6. I agree the long grass looks better than the dead grass.

I mow my lawn though, because it makes it look well kept and I don't cut it that short so it still looks and is healthy.

7. i like short smoooth dark green fresh lawn OHYEAAH almost like turf so its good for football

8. i like this thread

9. I think everybody should post a pic of their lawns. ill post one later when i got the washing in.

10. never really thought about it. but if there werent so many nasty snakes and weeds (not good weeds) around here, I would like long grass too. grow that shit like 10 foot high and it would be like that movie honey i shrunk the kids lol

11. We are redoing our back yard this summer, flagstones with tiny herbs like thyme and pennyroyal in the cracks, sort of like
    [​IMG]

We are thinking of a light cream color in place of the sort of pinkish shown here. We may do it around the side and front of the house also. We have a one story 800 sq foot ranch, and the actual yard is fairly small, and have a small food garden in the front yard. The fence is the fake white wood look picket fence, it was here when we bought the place 20 years ago, and we just pressure wash it a couple times a year and it looks pretty nice. We also have to reroof this summer, and pressure wash and restain/thompsons weatherseal the siding.

Owning a house is great, we can be as loud as we like and nobody complains, you just have to actually do your own maintenance =)

12. Yea, me personally I don't like a short cut lawn. Not fun to walk/lay on, it's not as cushioned. Too long can be annoying too. I usually just cut it mid length and just cut it about every week when it's growing a lot. Last place I lived at, my room mate had a john deer riding lawnmower. I'd come home from work, smoke a bowl, grab a few beers and hop on the mower, crank up some tunes and go to town. Damn I miss having a riding lawnmower.

13. I work at a golf course and get to cut everything from long grass to millimeter grass the length for the greens.

As far as my lawn I would say keeping up on it so its short, How can you think that long grass looks better than a kept lawn? haha

14. I do think short lawns look tidier but i preffer to have them long.

15. Yea, short grass may look better, but I actually spend a lot of time out chilling in my yard and I prefer my grass medium length. More cushion to it haha.

16. Most towns and cities have bylaws that make you cut your grass. Where I live, if a neighbor complains the city will come by and cut your lawn and send you a bill.

17. then you would have to resort to a mullet lawn , business in the front party in the back.

18. I prefer au naturale myself. But if you want you lawn mowed, get some cows, they will mow your lawn and fertilize it for free.

19. Lol, nahh, jungles are always better, brings back such fond memories..

20. At least that's not how you figured out you had cows.