I don't know why, but I cring when I hear someone refer to bud as "dro" or "chronic".

Discussion in 'General' started by Goggalor, Nov 10, 2012.

1. I know they're just colloquial/slang terms and I'm looking too far into it, but they just annoy me. I guess it annoys me more in the context of talking about quality or specifics about bud. Like, I'm used to hearing strain names and genetics, and when someone says "dro", that tells me nothing besides the fact that it was supposedly grown hydroponically and therefore must be high quality. I find that's not the case most of the time with those types of people. I know it sounds haughty and conceited, but I started taking it more seriously the more I've learned and experienced so little things like that bother me. Doesn't mean the people that use it are dumb or bad, slang words are no big deal, these are just two of my least favorite for a few reasons that I've stated.

I have to imagine it's like people that call it Soda hearing someone call it Pop.

2. "yooo i got this dro, its fire!"

-Some hydro?

"lolwut?"

3. dro piff chronic dank high grade loud stank skunk kush sticky icky purp dro
    just tryna help ya with some exposure therapy

4. I cringe when people can't spell.

5. But Kush and skunk actually tell me something about the bud >_>

6. If a word bothers you that much I think you need to smoke some more dro man. And I mean you need to get some chronic.

7. I'm sure there are slang/colloquial names that you guys don't care for either. It's not uncommon.

8. Seriously though, that soda thing made it real for me. I do kind of take people down a peg in my head when I hear the word "pop" used in reference to soda.

9. haha how bout us really weird folk that call all kinds of soda/pop "coke" :D

10. Only time i ever used Dro was after i grew Dro and had the right to lol

Ive been know to let fire slip here n there but i feel like a douche bag when i say it so i try not to XD

11. Guys from workaholics say blow dro all the time. But I think they say it as a joke.

12. Fire, frosty, gooey. I don't mind these and use them. Fire less so, but maybe I'm just used to hearing it, whereas I hardly ever hear dro or chronic. Maybe that's why. It's just foreign to me. If I'm calling it by an unofficial name, I just say Weed or Bud. If I'm talking officially, I say Marijuana or Cannabis depending on if I'm talking about the species or the flowers.

13. thats a southern thing :p

i hate when people say chronic too, that really does make me cringe.

a few nights ago at work there was this new guy braggin hard about how much weed he smokes, so we went out back with the manager and cashier and i loaded up a bowl (glass bowl with carb) and this motherfucker lights the carb, and when that doesnt work he lights the BOTTOM of the bowl....we were just like dafuq?

14. I've been that guy before. Florida raised.

15. lol, I would geek so hard. Guy talks all big then tries to light it like a meth pipe haha.

16. hahahahaha we all just stared at his dumb ass until he passed the bowl ( he got no smoke whatsoever). it was hard for me and the other guy to keep a straight face (we're best friends, toke up in his apartment behind the job every night hahaha). it was definitely cringe worthy. i was embarrassed for this stupid ass :p

but in all my toking years (7) ive never ever ever seen anyone try to light the carb, that was a first

17. Kush is probably the most over used term I've see to describe bud. Whether its kush or not, everyone's like " yo man got the kush" I need kush, who's got kush, kush this kush that blah fucking blah.

If you actually have kush, then by all means call it that. Don't refer to all weed as kush, It irritates me :laughing:

18. I hate it when people call it dope.

19. do you live in arkansas? lol i stayed in the rock and everyone says either dro or kush. in LR it's kush in the burbs its dro. usually (99%) its lo mids.

20. I dont mind the word chronic, idk what came first the slang term or the strain or if there was another thing it used to mean, but its better than dro imo