Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I don't know what to do..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bups, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Okay, so i am 18 and my parents are the typical uptight crazy parents. They have caught me with/or smoking bud for the second time now and they are flipping out because of course they think weed is like the worst thing in the world.

So here is my problem... they said they were going to take my car from me until i can pass a drug test in front of them. I want to say hell no im 18 they can get off my back, but if i did i wouldnt have a car or their money if i needed some, and i dont know about you guys but i can't live without my car for real. Should i just suck it up and stop smokin for a little to pass a DT (which can be really hard cause i love it wayy to much ha) or should i just say whatever and keep smokin and let my parents accept it?

any advice is appreciated!

2. You could tell them you'll stop smoking and pass their dt but in return they have to listen to your reasons why marijuana is a good thing to use, how it prevents you from getting into alcohol and from experimenting with prescription drugs, and how the prohibition hurts your parents and the rest of society every single day.

When you've finished convincing them how they're harmed by the prohibition and how marijuana is not only safe to use but also keeps users safe from other substances, then tell them to get active in removing the biggest harm associated with marijuana, get them writing to their Representatives and to Senators and members of Congress demanding an end to the prohibition.

GL man!

3. haha thanks that sounds like a good idea, what bothers me the most is my parents are very ignorant about marijuana. I try to explain the facts, they deny it all.

4. That's a great and logical response. Rep+

5. far too many people are ignorant about marijuana =(

6. Show them reputable shit.

If they smoked when they were younger, talk to them about their experiences. Did it with my parents and it did get the conversation started. Now they're semi-chill with it (not in my house, everywhere else is fine).

7. Yeah it's understandable that parents don't want it going on in their house, but what doesn't make sense is that if you're forced to go somewhere else then you may have to drive or someone else will drive stoned. That's not bad, I've done it a million times, but it doesn't sound good to parents and they don't really give you much options if they want it like that.

8. id bake them a cake to show your sorry....a very special cake

9. I think the most convincing facts come from the government itself.

First of all, marijuana was only placed in Schedule I temporarily while the government finished studies to determine its risk. A lot of people think there were good medical and social reasons for its prohibition but in reality it was simply a prudent short-term measure, the plan was to shift it to its permanent classification based on its potential for harm when that potential had been determined.

That was in 1970, by 1972 those studies had been completed, they were conducted by the "National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse" (the "Shafer Commission"). In March 1972 the Commission released its report favoring decriminalization, it concluded that "while marijuana was not entirely safe, its dangers had been grossly overstated". At this point marijuana should have been decriminalized but the finding did not suit the political requirements of President Nixon who wanted a report which supported his views and "tough on crime" policies. The report was therefore ignored and marijuana stayed in Schedule I.

Sixteen years later, after two years of public hearings "involving many witnesses and thousands of pages of documentation", DEA Chief Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young ruled that marijuana did not meet the legal criteria of a Schedule I prohibited drug and should be reclassified. He declared that "In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. It is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man.".

Instead of Judge Young's decision leading to the rescheduling of marijuana in 1986, DEA Administrator John Lawn overruled his determination.

In the years since the Shafer Commission's report was release, researchers have conducted thousands of studies on humans, animals, and cell cultures. None reveal any findings dramatically different from those described by the National Commission in 1972. In 1995, based on thirty years of scientific research editors of the British medical journal Lancet concluded that "the smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health."

I hope some of that helps man! :D

10. You see, i've read all this many many times, and still you put it together so nicely.

Like, I know all of that information, but I could never put it together as well as you as to explain to someone as to why it's not harmful.

When I try putting all my information together I jobble it around so much that I end up looking like an ass. Well said.

+rep.

11. That's cause they believe what the government tells them, and probably can't think for themselves (no offense meant, my parents are the same way.)

12. pass the test and then start smokin again.

13. This kinda stuff makes me SO MAD. The gov't is full of idiocy and backwards policies, it kills me.