I dont know what to do with my life.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cplus, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Wake up, lay in bed for four extra hours, get up at 4pm, cigarette, maybe shower, eat, cigarette, play some poker on phone, cigarette, go back to bed to browse internet, cigarette, listen to music, 11pm smoke a joint, cigarette, beat myself up over wasting my life until 4am and dread waking up tomorrow because ITS GOING TO BE THE SAME FUCKING THING TOMORROW.

This has been my routine for the past year. I'm unemployed, single and in debt. I don't know what to do anymore, I wasn't even excited for Christmas and now a new year is coming and I'm here depressed.

I have no idea where to go from here. I tried thinking about it sober and stoned I'm in a rut and I need some help. Any advice?

2. #2 jmick, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
    So how do you afford the cigs and weed and other expenses if you don't work?

3. Hey your gonna be fine man
    prob social security

4. Well, good luck....

5. start by fixing your shitty sleep hours

6. #6 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Dec 31, 2015
    I only slighty feel where you're coming from but I have bouts of depression completely. Life can be depressing. But my mantra is just "have fun and do no harm". If you really want to fix the things you don't like about yourself do it. I'm hopeful that you will find some joy though, my depression can be extreme but when it's over I've found some joy. How do you fare at online poker you said you play? I think it's all luck especially online. You can't choose the cards your dealt but even if they're great I can only think a bad hand will come sooner than later. You gotta bounce shit off the wall. Make a personal list of what you want to accomplish and make a personal list of shit you can actually do to move towards those accomplishments

7. #7 Cplus, Dec 31, 2015
    I afford expenses by taking money out of my credit card as well as living off what I saved from work before I lost my job.

"Make a personal list of what you want to accomplish and make a personal list of shit you can actually do to move towards those accomplishments"

Good advice, I'm going to start on that list. I'm not really sure what I want to accomplish but I'll let it flow to me.

8. My pattern is similar. No cigarettes for me. I expected to do this anyway. I hate winter and I tend to stay indoors for two months. I stopped playing Wow which occupied my time. Im waiting for psychiatrist official verdict. For now he's putting me in a program. Cplus how old are you? Im 26 and I want to get somewhere in life

9. #9 jmick, Dec 31, 2015
    Hmmmm..

10. Get out, mingle, talk to people and find a job. You might feel better if your occupied.

11. #11 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Dec 31, 2015
    it seems that majority of people fall in three groups workaholics, parents and hoarders to pass the time

12. Everybody has ambitions. Some people are just too ashamed to talk about them, for fear of being told that they can't do something.

Tell me. If you could wave a magic wand and achieve the impossible overnight, what would it be? What kind of life would you have?

13. Start working out. I was exactly like you then started taking working out and lifting seriously. Confidence shot through the roof and I just couldnt be content doing nothing all day. Work on yourself then work on vetting friends...and a job

14. Get a fucking job. Lazy fuck. Trade school. Part time. Apprenticeship. Play professional poker who gives a shit. Just get off your ass.

15. ^ He may masturbate to Ayn Rand every night.. but the dude's got a point.

16. get a job, work out, go for a run, you do all 3 and you'll be fine

17. +1