I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING LOL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by newfam, Dec 1, 2017.

1. so I found a baggie seed () and I decided to plant it lol but I feel like I’m doing something wrong

• i only water it when the soil (black gold & foxfarm ocean forest mix) is kinda dry 1inch deep
    •it’s been getting ~24hrs of light, sometimes gets a breeze
    • ugggghhhhh that’s about it lol

I’m not too sure where to go from here
    •feedback HIGHLY encouraged

Attached Files:

2. Keep on as you are .. for another week... then get some feed high in nitrogen

3. Starting with bad genetics is a crap shoot. If your going to put in the effort. Try to source some quality seeds

4. Bagseed = hermies

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Looks like you need some perlite in that soil

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not all bag seeds are low quality or hermies. Tangerine Haze bag seed. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  7. Who said his seed is poor genetics?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Are you saying a stressed out plant that made a hermie is a better than a premium bread male and female of proper phenotypes... Are you just trying to grow whatever or are you actually half serious? Did you know you can pay 15 to 20 bucks and get a premium feminized seed with traits or medicinal effects that you would like. Rather than a crapshoot. That has a higher chance of going hermie.

9. You said, starting out with bad genetics is a crap shoot and he should source quality seeds. All I'm saying is that, who says his seed wasn't from quality weed with good genetics? The tangie seed that I found was in some killer weed. Not a crapshoot. Could it have been a male or hermie? Yes. But worth the chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Idk I've only had two grows, both bagseed, but neither hermied and the last one was and is good. Let's try and help him with what he has now, what kind of lighting do you have newfam? What has the temperature been like? Do you have a way to check and adjust pH?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. All the dislikes lmao.

Do Feminized Cannabis Seeds Lead to Hermie Plants? | Grow Weed Easy

"Bagseed

The bagseed gamble… When you find seeds in your buds, that usually means that the buds were pollinated by accident. Seeds that were accidentally created are suspect. It could be that a stray male plant caused them, which means there were no hermies and you will get about half male and half female plants. But accidental seeds could also be the result of herming by an indiscriminate grower, and that means you have feminized seeds, but some of them may produce pollen on you just like their parents. Growing with bagseed is a big gamble… you never know what you’re going to get. But for many growers, the risks are worth the possible rewards :)"

I mean it's one thing if you're a well established grower who already has genetics and knows what he's doing, but if you're just starting out with some bagseeds, have fun with the gamble I guess and possibly wasting a bunch of time for nothing. If it's indoor, I doubt a male pollinated your plants. Maybe on some outdoor boof. There's also no selective breeding in the process. You might get lucky and find something great but I wouldn't waste my time.

Go buy some seeds from good breeders or go buy some trusted clones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dabs knows what he's talking about.

If you find a seed in the bag it is because the plant that grew it hermied most likely. You don't think that the seed sprouted from that hermie may carry an increased tendency to hermie? Well, then you don't know genetics. Traits are passed most of the time. The tendency to hermie is a big component of a plant's genetics. It's very important to me. I don't want a bunch of seeds. If one plant hermies bad it can partially ruin a whole grow.

That said I have harvested some gem plants from bagseeds. I know it's possible. But, it can't be denied that you are rolling the hermie dice. The seed came from a hermie. It wasn't a legit bred seed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not saying that he doesn't know his stuff. Never thought that. And I do agree if possible, one should secure good genetics from a seed bank .My issue is that immediately, if it's bag seed it's poor genetics. But that isn't necessarily the case. The o.p. just stated that he planted a bag seed. Never stated strain or where it came from. And I have seen my fair share of hermies come from seed banks right here in the forums. So do I think one should just pop every bean that's found in weed? No. But if you buy a bag of high quality bud, and happen to find a seed, I think it's worth a shot. We all know that there are no guarantees when it come to this game.. it's actually a crapshoot every time we pop a bean or root a clone. Regardless of where it comes from.

• Like Like x 2
  14. If you buy from a good breeder it is far less of a "crapshoot" than bag seed. Yes buying feminized seeds from poor breeders will often result in hermies and lots of trash / unstable phenos. I already know its not impossible to get something good in bagseed, the likiness is just not very good, especially if youre just growing a few plants and you're wanting a yield of good smoke. This is why ill just stick to buying trusted clones that arent loaded with Eagle 20 and russet mites, and regular seeds from good known breeders.

15. I've only purchased seeds once. Was gifted a few femmed seeds from Nirvana and a few from the vault comparatives and giveaways. But mostly I run clones from trusted phenos. I also have an old glass coke bottle half filled with seeds from the 70s to early 80s. I'd love to germinate some of them. I do know that there is Acapulco Gold, Maui wowie, Panama red and Columbian in there. But there is also a shit ton of brick weed seeds. No way to know what's what. Now that's a crap shoot.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 dabs710, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    I bet those columbians would make a good male.

Would you ever try a pack of Karma or Archive? I don't think you'd regret it.

I'm doing White Biker (White OG X Biker Kush AKA Hells Angels OG) from Karma and got lucky and had a keeper out of 6 with a nice structure and smell (6 more to be determined soon as they're about a month behind we'll see with those). We'll see with the buds but I'm pretty sure it'll be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'd give them a shot. They look like some nice strains. I've got a bunch of seeds but I really like clone swapping with fellow growers.

• Like Like x 1