I don't know what brand my vaporizer is! HELP!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by SinBear, Feb 17, 2013.

1. #1 SinBear, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Please read this, I know it is long but please I need help!

Let me start by saying that I recently turned 18. I have been a medical marijuana patient for a while now, and as I've been getting older, my symptoms are getting worse. I suffer from extremely bad bipolar, depression, anxiety with panic attacks, constant menstrual cramps and IBS. I also have asthma, and I cannot handle smoke anymore. I am struggling to breathe. My tolerance keeps getting higher, and I can't take a tolerance break because I cannot function without having THC/CBD.

I have an 11 month old daughter, and I have to be able to take care of her. That doesn't work whenever you are in pain and crying/screaming/etc all the time...

My mom has been helping me in this process, and my dad is also a medical marijuana user. Our dispensary said it would be wise for me to look into getting a vaporizer because it works better, and makes herb last longer when its an herbal vape. All they sell is concentrate vapes, and so we had bought one. It was 40 bucks. It came in a package that said "e-Cigarette", and there was no brand name on the package. It was a very cheap case thing, with a cheap USB charger. The vaporizer itself said "BUD" on it, and it reminded me of BLU e-cigs. It had a wick, and the wick actually CAUGHT ON FIRE.

We took it back immediately, and the guy said he was going to call everyone else and ask how theirs worked. Everyone else had the same problem, so he gave us all free grams to pay back. He sent those back, and awaited a new order of different ones.

We decided to buy one from AtmosRX, because we heard good reviews. We were told to use the Stratus, but alas, the oil is too thick! It can only take very very thin oils, and no matter what I did the oil wasn't thin enough to soak into the cotton. We called the company, and they said although we couldn't return it and get a refund, they could give us our money back via credit towards another product.

So we decided to go with the Atmos i4. I couldn't find reviews online anywhere, but was told by the customer service person that it would meet my needs. It can use thin and thick oils, waxy oils, and herbs. It sounded great, and at $150 we prayed it would work. This time we ordered the fastest shipping, and I got it the next day. I tried to use it, I tried so hard, but it just wouldn't work. I had oil, shatter, and a kinda solid but not solid oil? I tried all of those out of the proper cartridges, but couldn't get a vapor off of it. I then tried to use the herb one, and did exactly as I was supposed to. I ground my stuff up really well, and yet it just wouldn't vaporize it. I wasn't getting anything, only slight yucky flavor. I finally got one little tiny puff, and then I looked inside and everything was COMPLETELY BLACK. I refilled it, but couldn't get another puff. I removed the spring from the mouthpiece as it says to, if you chose to use wax. I tried that too. I still couldn't get anything!!! So already a lot was wasted.

The last thing to do, was to fill the cartridge with the liquidy oil. That worked, but I felt like I was getting empty hits of vapor, and didn't feel any different. After the first 4 hits, it stopped working. I refilled it, but it still wouldn't work. My mom felt bad for me, and called the dispensary to see if they had a new vape in. And they did. She went and picked that up for me, it was also $40 like the first one from there.

This one works a lot better. It works GREAT. BUT! I don't know what brand it is!!!
    The instructions that came with my vaporizer reads "e-Go W", but the pictures show a person filling a cartridge that is different from the one that comes with it. The picture was of someone filling the i4 cartridge! I know as the picture is the same as the instructions that came with my second Atmos.
    Now here is the confusing part. My vaporizer says "A-Pen" on it, so does the case it came in. The letters looked familiar, so I looked it up, and the A-Pen is by AtmosRX. The e-Go W is NOT, and the only thing in common is how they look.

Upon looking up the e-Go W, I found multiple different pens. They all look the same as my A-Pen, but are all by different people. There is still not one that says A-Pen on it. I saw one by Viper Vape, and another that wasn't marked.

I'm trying to figure out if what I have is actually an A-Pen by AtmosRX, or if its like some Chinese knockoff, since the instructions were not right at all. If I do indeed have an AtmosRX, I plan to purchase a dry herb cartridge from Gentlemen's Vape...

But I cannot do anything until I know what I have! Please help me, and thank you so much for taking the time to read this. It means a lot to me, and I hope you have an answer. I just want to be out of pain, out of depression... for the sake of my daughter's future...

EDITED: I looked at the AtmosRX A-Pen cartridges on their website, and they have a coil for placing waxy oils, and a small hole that at first you must puncture, then fill the chamber with oil. Well on my A-Pen, there is no covering with a hole. The whole top is open, and the little coil is in the middle.

I have a knock off, don't I?

2. #3 SinBear, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013

Best I have, my webcam is kinda shitty... maybe I need to change my settings, its a new laptop sorry.

Attached Files:

3. Here are three more pictures, since the first one was crappy.

And then one from the side with cover/mouthpiece off.

Attached Files:

4. I'm 90% sure that is a rebranded Grenco Science G-Pen.

5. Isn't that an Atmos?

Seems pretty lame for the dispensary to sell you the item and not discuss it with you. I suggest you do some research (fuckcombustion.com) about vaping and get all the knowledge you need.