i dont know if this is the right forum.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by niki, Apr 24, 2009.

1. but anyways.

my brithday is on monday. and i will be 22. and this is the first birthday that i keep forgetting about, im like "oh yeah.. it is monday," and i think its because i passed the 21 mark or whatever.

i was jsut wondering if anyone else doesnt really care about their day of births after the 21st one.

2. My birthday this year is on Monday too!

Student night buddy!

Go clubbing for cheap!

3. i dont know what that means.
    i dont "go clubbin'". not my scene, at all.
    im not asking for things to do on my birthday, i got that, smoking out all day.
    but thanks for the suges.

4. I'm gettin up there, so I'd like to pretend that day just doesn't come...lol...the older you get, the more you don't wanna know...anymore, I'm good unless there's an '0' or a '5' in it...I'm 40 now, which means I'm 4 'decades' old :eek: depressing when ya look at it that way...I got 8 years and a month until I'm half a century old *sigh*

But, you're right...21 is a milestone and it seems like that's the last hoorah...13 is exciting cause that makes you a teen, 16 is exciting because it's 'sweet sixteen' if you're a girl...18 makes you semi-legal...can buy ciggarettes and whatnot, and then 21 makes you completely legal...alcohol purchases and bar hopping....what's left? Not much....just life flying by so fast you don't know where the time has gone

5. yeah i know what you mean.I could care less really.i wasn't even excited when i turned 21,it was just another day.Same with holidays,it's all the same.

6. Oh! And, Happy Birthday to ya!:)

7. i knwo its weird if you think about it.

twenty. i was alive twenty years ago.
    or you would of been my age right at this moment when i was born.

that is so crazy.
    :D thanks.

22 is such a dumb age though.

8. Ahh i thought you meant like whats good to do on a Monday.

Monday is cheaper to go out, usually...

9. why is monday cheaper to go out?
    since its not the weekend?

10. Well over here it student night, im 18 so its cheaper for me.
    All the clubs and pubs and that usually give a discount if you have your student card.

I figured in the US you were still students at 21 (Cause you start school a little later) so it'd be student night for you too.

11. Well for milestones the ones I know of after 21 are i think 25 when your insurance goes down, then 30 because its three decades, and then 40 (bad if youre a woman and not married evidently), then obviously 50 "over the hill", and whenever the AARP sends you shit to become a member. I think 65 is when restaurants start the whole senior citizen specials. After that its just however long you can last, people get excited for that shit.

12. Personally I've never made a big deal out of my birthday...Ever really, and I'm only 19. It's just another day to me lol.

13. I had this conversation with friends not to long ago. Most of my friends turned 22 earlier in the year, or will so in the next few months. I turned 22 last year, so I'll be 23 come September. I straight up say that after 21, birthdays just suck. You're an adult, so it's not like you're getting presents. After 21, the next birthday that matters is the one where you legally become a senior citizen. Growing up sucks.

14. After you hit 35 you pretty much stop caring, at least I do. The only reason I cared about my Birthday this year was because of the free Disneyland admission, which I'm sure is a one year only deal.

Next year I'll be 39, so that's one year away from the dreaded 40.

15. It looks like you just contradicted yourself there pal... Why care about 40?