I don't know if this is a good idea

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by yea i own, Dec 7, 2007.

1. I live in Miami, Fl and I'm planning on growing some white widow. I'm really skeptical about sending the seeds to my door. Should i really go find another place to send it, or it should be ok?

2. If I had to do it,I would avoid all personal links to myself. I'd send Money order to a reputable site and have it shipped to a friend's door with a cool mailman. It may be safe to use a credit card, but call me paranoid if u will, that is just too traceable. Just my opinion.

3. as far as where to send the seeds, you obviously have two options:

1. have it sent to your place. the down-side to this is clearly that you have a illegal substance being sent to your door. the up-side is that if it doesn't get intercepted by customs, then no one other than you know's about your order.
    2. have it sent to your friend's place. the up-side is that there is no trace to your address. the down-side is that your friend now know's about your intentions to grow. personally, i tell ABSOLUTELY NOBODY...EVER if i'm growing or plan to grow, regardless of how well i trust that person. 99.9% of people who grow are caught because they told people about it.

in the end, i have it sent to my place. i've never had a problem, and i would rather have that then knowing that someone out there can spread the word that i'm growing. personally, i am paranoid about telling anyone that i might grow. all it takes is them to inadvertantly say, "hey my buddy steve (or whoever) grows, so lets call him for some bud." in a single slip of the tougne, the whole town now knows...

the choice is your's....

PS- if you want some fantastic white widow at a very good price, check out nirvana's website. you won't be dissappointed with the results... (http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/191746-macro-s-my-stash-new-camera.html)

4. whoa i never thought of it like that, thanks =)

5. that's absolutely true!
    if you set up securely, don't lead a lifestyle that'd attract attention (eg loud violent domestic problems) and tell NO ONE, then the chances of getting caught are almost zero. The police don't randomly search quiet respectable houses for no reason.

In fact the only way you could get caught is if someone breaks into your house and you need to call the police for help, of if there's a problem like a fire in the house and the fire fighters or whoever discover your plantation by chance.

Here's an out-there idea that the seed companies could implement that'd help them and us.
    They could get seeds from a legal plant that look a bit like cannabis seeds and randomly send them to people all over the country in exactly the same packages as they send cannabis seeds. Then people receiving unrequested seeds in the mail will be the norm. How could the police prove you ordered them if so many other people are also receiving unrequested seeds?

6. they wouldn't do that because postage costs money...

7. Sending out free samples is already common practice - the money comes out of the advertising budget. We all get free samples of stuff in the mail - shampoo, coffee, panty liners, etc etc

This would be nothing different.

Both the cannabis and non-cannabis seeds would use exactly the same packaging and have bland sounding wording like "your free sample of red robin pansies, great for brightening sunny locations"

The result would be seeds being sent to people wouldn't raise a red flag with the police, which would lead to more confidence amongst consumers and therefore increased sales for the seed companies.

Even if the police guessed what was happening they'd have to test every seed packet to see if the seeds were cannabis or not (as I said cannabis-looking seeds would be used). So their effort in tracking down seeds in the mail would dramatically increase (a good thing for us)

And even when they find cannabis seeds we could say we didn't order them as the seed companies had set a practice of sending out unrequested seeds to random people.

I'm going to write to the seed companies suggesting this.

8. It's a nice idea, but I give it zero chance of gaining any traction. First, I agree with Yea I Own, they won't want to spend the money. No matter what budget it comes from it's still money that if spent means less to their bottom line. Getting the seeds, postage, shipping materials, and most of all the labor to send out thousands of dummy packages adds up to some serious coinage.

But second, and even more important, seedbanks don't really consider legality of alibis to be their problem. They are in the business of mailing out seeds to you, and as long as most make it through they will still get business and is then end of their concern.

9. yup.. well i have to buy some seeds anyways, i still would rather have a safe address..