I don't give a fuck

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by mmzero, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I don't care about anyone but myself. I've accepted that for now; I'll try to change, but I'm not making any promises.

If someone you knew and actually cared about said the above, what would you think?

2. i feel exactly the same

3. Id think they had emotional issues and knew they didnt mean what they said

Just lookin for attention or to be noticed. Nothin wrong with wantin attention its natural. Some people ask for it by acting like their life is the biggest drama movie of the summer and like shits really bad

Are you a 10year old child digging for rubys somewhere over in africa for 3bucks a week workin all day every day?

Cause that kid doesnt cry and cut himself...

4. what the fuck are you talking about?

i love MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5. Lol well I wouldn't mind attention, although I also wouldn't want it that way.

I just realized I don't care much for other people. I love company of course, but pretty much all my actions are done to better my own situation in some way. In other words, I'm very selfish. Don't have too much of a problem with that, because I end up getting a lot of shit done and/or I get almost anything I want that way, but if I had to be really honest with myself I'd say that I probably won't be able to continue that way for too long.

Of course, so far so good, so I don't feel like caring anytime soon.

Just to clarify, it's not a, "I hate everybody" type of deal, but more of a, "I just care about myself a lot more, don't give a fuck about what other people think" type of thing. That's not even the most accurate description, but it's hard for me to explain. More apathetic, I suppose.

6. this is a pointless thread, and i tripping on dxm, so this too is a pointless post

7. I would probably walk away.

8. There is a BIG difference between not caring what others 'think about you' and not 'caring about others'. I'm not sure which you are getting at. Not caring what others think is a good thing.
    Not caring about your fellow human being is just sick and pathetic.

9. smoke weed erryday! i dont give a ....

10. It's both.

Why is it sick and pathetic? People die all the time all across the world, but clearly nobody cares. If they did, they would at least try to contribute in some way more than just "feeling sympathetic."

It's not that I wish ill will towards everyone, I just really don't care. I still have close friends, many of which would probably say I DO care about them, but there are a few things where... well, let me give you an example.

So my friend got jacked the other day. I consoled him, helped him through it and he felt much better about it by the end of the day and even thanked me. But if I had to be truly honest, the most pertinant idea going through my head at the time was, "I'm glad it wasn't me."

And I really don't believe I'm alone here, I've talked to another close friend of mine who agrees. If people were honest about their thoughts, a lot of them would realize they are selfish too, they just don't want to admit it. The first step is denial =P

But seriously. I am nice to people and such, I buy people food, give them rides, etc. and there are a lot of people who will tell you I'm a great guy, but mostly I do it out of fairness, or I just do it because I enjoy having them around. One guy came into town from across the country the other day and messaged me on Facebook asking when I was free. We've hung out a lot, although we don't have much in common. Since I knew the only thing I would lend up doing with this guy was go eat somewhere then spend the rest of the time figuring out what we should do (which would be nothing), I didn't give him a call and he went back yesterday without us meeting.

If it really comes down to it, I'll do whatever I want and won't care very much or at all for the other person. Maybe in more extreme cases I'll feel bad and possibly change my action. In the end though, I know I'm not alone. For whatever reason, people think it's taboo to not care for each other when in reality, the vast majority (I'd guess 90-95%) of people are selfish and stuck up and don't care about anybody else. I know I'm selfish, I'm simply not stuck up because I can at least admit it.

11. If you do not care about humanity then yes I think that is sick and pathetic.

Not everyone is in a position to save the damn world. As a college student I don't have the money to donate to all kinds of charities, and more often that not thats not what it is all about.
    Someone needs help in the middle of New York finding the subway. You stop and help them out, thats part of it. Donating blood, thats part of it. Helping out elderly (cutting grass, for example), thats part of it.

You can't always DO something, the fact that you are willing to lend a hand when someone needs it says a lot.
    Maybe you should have bought an 8th and smoked your buddy up, since his stuff got jacked. Thats cool you 'talked him through it' but I'm not sure what you are getting at. Someone getting robbed is hardly a valid issue of humanitarianism, though.

Just out of curiousity that guy wasn't coming cross country JUST to visit you, correct?

If you hear about a tsunami or natural disaster decimating eastern India or Asia, and the most heartfelt feeling you can muster is "sucks to be them!" then yes, I feel that is pathetic. I'm not saying you have to pack your things and go to India and volunteer (that would be damn commendable though, eh?) but actually giving a fuck is a first step, believe it or not.

You and I are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. If you think life is all about 'me me me' you are sadly mistaken. I'm not speaking righteously, I'm hardly a religious person, I am speaking of common good, caring for your fellow human being, and the philos principle.

12. selfishness is for the weak

13. Correct, lol.

After reading what you said I guess I do care. I'm not a total dick for no reason and I'll help people out if they need it.

*Shrug*

Well anyway, thanks GC.

14. then why do you care what we think?

fail

15. lol, well thats good to hear I think.

Like I said you can't always do something...but everyone is human, and their struggles are directly connected with ours.

16. I dont care about humanity, I hope if there is a god, he brings upon us doomsday, as fire reigns down from the heavens killing every last one of us, I will smile.

No one will get the quote, but if you do, 100 cool points.

17. No one is going to look out for you like you are going to look out for you. no one is going to pay your bills except you. only you can carry your self to success. just dont put your self on the back burner for others. when times get hard where would you be with out your homies.

18. i wouldn't blame them

they'd prolly have their reasons

19. New emo policy. Go for the throat instead of the arms. Atleast that way its something productive

20. theres only one person in life that truly matters, and thats ones own self. only shit that involves you affects you, so its none of my concern whats wrong with others lives.. no one really looks out for me, so i'm my top priority, cuz people come and go in life, i'm the only person who'll truly stay "forever"