Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I don't feel the same after stopping

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by illogical, May 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I've been smoking about 3 or 4 times a day ( usually a pipe or dugout, bongs weekly though) for more than a year now. I feel like highs don't even last that long anymore. i rememebr when i first started it lasted hours and some mornings I swore i was still high when i woke up. Like I said I smoked everyday ( only missed a few if i was out of town or unable to find time in the day). now, highs feel like 30 mins with a nice up to my mood for the rest of the day. it felt great, I felt confident, ate more ( which is a positive since im so damn skinny), and just felt better overall. now, I gotta go a week and half with out it and i'm also trying to cut back to save money. But here I am, only a day without weed and I don't feel like myself. I don't know how to explain it but I just have an uncomfortable feel about myself now. I don't feel relaxed. Even when i'm in the middle of some activity I think about " weed would make all this more enjoyable." I feel almost bored and that everything is not as fun as it used to be. Obviously, i'm not saying I think I'm an addict going through withdrawal, but I feel stopping still had an effect on me. I also feel my appetite might be gone ( have to see if im still barely hungry like i was today). So, after a year of smoking, could I be dependent on weed? What should I do? I just don't feel the same anymore.

2. psychological addiction broseph. No biggy. Let it be used as something that can help you re-focus on what it is you enjoy to do. Do you like camping? Do you like playing guitar? Can you still work as efficiently sober vs stoned? If you didn't smoke before work - what'd you think about then? I remember reading that weed can help regulate a lot of stuff - sleep, appetite - I notice its harder to eat, or sleep, after having smoked consistently. Just make yourself eat. Om nom nom nom.

I dunno man, don't stress too hard on it. You still have it within your system, and it does alter the way you think - you aren't as preoccupied now, but your brain is still moving as much. Redirect your focus on something worthwhile and positive. Just redirect your thoughts when weed-thoughts come up. Don't stress on trying to "not-think-about-it", just think about something different altogether. Like apples. Or potatoes, cut into a cylindrical shape, with a halved(sliced?) almond, on fire - looking like a candle, but if you were to bite it, it'd have a crunch. Think about that....

3. Long term, habitual smokers usually feel this for 2-7 days after stopping, just how it goes mayne.

4. It sounds like a bad case of depersonalization, my friend.
    ^ From wikipedia.

5. Feeling better today. First day seemed the worst. Couldnt sleep at all last night ( lied in bed wide awake the whole night) but my appetite seemed back today. I think it should get easier from here... I hope.

6. your brain is rerealizing how quickly it used to operate. all t-breaks are considered periods of mental clarity to me. Weed doesnt makes you dumb, but lets face it, it does slow you down a little bit, that's part of the relaxation from it. You'll get used to have thoughts at such a pace and they'll seem less racing, allowing you to sleep and eat more regularly again. It's all about familiarity

that being said it's pretty much all in your head :hello: just stay positive man, your mood will improve while your brain readjusts to new serotonin levels

7. No.
    try green tea, it will help I think.

8. People take depersonalization and weed way too fucking serious, it is normal to feel this way sometimes OP, ride it out

9. seriously. i know people that have gone to psychiatrists for it.. its like damn man, you used to be flooded with serotonin all day, now you stopped opening the flood gates. give your brain time to adjust meds are fucking counterproductive

10. You'll be fine, I quit weed to study for my finals (best thing i did otherwise i would have failed almost all of my courses this semester whereas last semester when i wasn't blazing i had a 3.6 gpa) it gets a lot better after a while. try taking melatonin at night if your suffering from insomnia and don't eat if you don't feel like it cause you will feel shittier after it, your body knows when its hungry. also drink a lot of water, and workout cause working out hungry depletes fat which stores THC.

11. Yeah man I agree with everyone else as far as just riding it out and try to keep your thoughts focused on other things. Just remember that T-breaks are a good thing, not bad. Bringing your tolerance down and letting your mind readjust to the way it naturally functions is a good thing. I know it can be difficult, especially when you're bored at home with nothing to do, and you just wanna chill and puff a bit, and maybe listen to some music or watch a movie. But just think of it this way...you can still enjoying doing everything you did before you started smoking, because you did once in the past right? You didn't always have to get stoned before you did something for it to be fun/enjoyable. Let your mind get back to that state of mind of being able to enjoy things without being high. Trust me, it'll be hard, but worth it.

12. update: T-break is over. first hit today.... I'm gone.... Where am I again?