Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I don't feel good when I get high anymore. WTF?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tuba420, Jul 30, 2007.

1. So here is my situation... The first time I smoked was about 3 years ago. I would toke maybe once or twice a month. It always felt really good and I never had a bad high or got paranoid. Then in the spring of last year I slowly started smoking more often and by summer, i smoked almost everyday. All was well, but sometime around October, I started feeling really strange when i would get high. Every time I would smoke I felt like my blood pressure was dropping considerably while i was high and sometimes i would feel like i was gonna black out.

Has anyone had this kind of feeling when smoking? It pretty much happens every time i smoke, and every time i smoke good weed for sure. Is there any way i can get my good high back? I've cut back to only smoking a few times per month, but it's still kinda bad. The bad high feeling started happening about the same time as when I first tried shrooms as well as about the same time as a semi-traumatic event in my life. Think that either of these have anything to do with it?

I want to feel a happy high again. Tips?

2. yes, traumatic events are known to influence psychadelic experiences. my only advice is to perhaps sort out any problems you may have in sober-life, which could negatively effect a high. Also try changing and experimenting with different 'set and settings'. Goodluck dude

3. Smoking more or smoking less wont have any effect on this problem you face. It is deffinitely anxiety or panic related. You my friend have tricked yourself into feeling this way when you get high. You can control the feelings, you just need to learn how.

Whenever you start to get that feeling just say, Im high, this is marijuana an herb.. not crack, and just flow with it and let the high take you.

hope that helps somehow, im baked

4. Good point there, your smoking weed, let it help you relax and let go. Use it to look and reflect at whats going well in your life. If you can't do that, it may be time to put down the weed for awhile.

5. I never get anxious or paranoid when I smoke, sometimes it makes me not want to do other illegal things because I think about too many things that can happen.

6. From my experience all i can tell you is that its prolly in your head, my friend used to think his heart was messed up everytime he smoked, so he asked his doctor and his doctor said that its more likely the paranoia. I would suggest taking a tolerance break to clear your head and maybe clear up waht ever problems could be stopping u from relaxing and toking out. Then once you feel a bit better start it up slow and get to a point that your happy smoking at.

7. LOL jimi001 that is being paranoid, when you dont want to do something simply cause you start thinking of all the bad things that could happen, thats being anxious too.

8. I can kinda relate but not to that degree, my advice is to try not to think about the your high so much and try to relax more. If you're using herb as a way to cope with internal problems and It's not working than maybe It's time for a tolerance break. And If you don't want to take a break then change your method of smoking and switch up to a diff one. Try to create an environment when smoking that applies to you and you can find comforting, and with people who you don't feel awkward around. Take some time to clear your head and remember why you starting and liked smoking in the first place.

9. Thanks for everyone's input. I'll try to chill out. It's not a tumor.

10. I feel you, man. Over the winter when I was smoking daily, I was always smoking to forget about my financial problems. For one thing, that's a retarded reason to smoke, which I realized and eventually got out of the hole and began smoking for enjoyment instead. Anyway, those money troubles became subconscious sources of anxiety that led me to have depressing highs.

Just work out any problems you have, and tell yourself even when you're NOT high that you have a good life, good friends, etc. That should put you in the right state of mind to begin enjoying yourself again.

GL, and hope things get better.

11. Well, it's definately all in your head.

I've had one horrible experience with cannabis after not even smoking that much, and I puked. It was all because of the atmosphere+ I was so deep in my head.

I quit smoking for a couple weeks after that incident, and now I'm smoking much better weed every day and not having any "bad highs" whatsoever.

Hope this helps, good luck to you!

12. Maybe your doses are too high or too low -

13. Just a short suggestion. Im not sure your current "conection" situation but if you are consistantly getting the same pot or at least using the same person, it might to hurt to inspect your fiber. It is always possible your bag can be tampered with. Also, you might be smoking pot wtih a high CBD and low THC content.The THC and CBD compound is like a balancing ack. A lot of THC and lower CBD makes you a lot higher and more mellowed and relaxed. Higher CBD and lower THC can make your bloodpressure rise, have anxiety problems, and induces nonsence paranoia. My suggstion in regard to that, is find some good hydro or homegrown. Something with a a nice 6-10% thc content. I know its easier said than done in most cases but that would be a quick resolve to your problem. Also, you might want to try baking it and eating it. You can find some very tasty recipies on the net and the high is mellow and more body that head. peace