I dont even know what to do.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PacComeBack, Jun 25, 2012.

1. I just need to rant about some things. And since this is the only forum I'm active on might as well say it here.

Number 1

Family. Growing up, everyone in my family told be to always be close to your family, to always keep it touch and to always come over when ever you can. Almost my whole family lives in one house. My grandma, grandpa, uncle, his wife, my baby cousin and my aunt. I used to go over quite frequently. Didn't go as much after we moved. Now every time me and my brothers and mom go, they bitch saying they only want to see us once a year. That makes me depressed. I'm trying to become closer with them ever since my grandpa (on my dads side) died two Saturdays ago. This kills me inside. And I hate being somewhere I don't want to be. They make it clear they don't want me and my brothers there and I'm thinking they don't even like us. This saddens me. Sometimes I just wanna leave and not talk to them again. I wouldnt mind if they came over to my house every weekend to visit or sleepover. But if I'm there for three hours or so. Nothing but screaming and yelling. And all this makes me miss my grandpa who passed cause during the summer i would visit him in Europe for the whole summer and I would sleep in his house. No one would complain. I felt wanted. And that makes me not want to leave there. He always welcomed me, always made sure to tell me to have fun. I don't know why they would raise us to be close, then just push us away. I don't even know where to go with this. I've always wanted a family like on those tv shows. But sadly, I will never get one. I don't even know why this makes me feel this way. Like if it was a friend who didn't want to hang, I just wouldn't talk to him or anything. Drop all connections and not think twice about it.

But I can't do that with my family. I don't know why. I try to cause it might be for the best, but I can't. I'm not looking for tips on how to deal with this. I'm just looking for an answer. I may or may not get one. But I'll try.

2. First of all , that's one packed house. 2nd Maybe there a reason they don't want you there as much? Lastly, pack yourself a bowl

3. if it makes you feel any better mate, my immediate family on both my father and mothers side is pretty much MIA in my life. i've done nothing but try and make a presence in their lives going to visit them when i can and keeping in touch when i can't be there. But not once in all my life have they ever come to see me or come to my little corner of the world. i didn't care to much about it until i confronted them about it just a few months ago.

so my advice to you is if you truly care for them and want them in your life - tell em how you feel, don't be a dick about it just tell em calmly you feel like your whole life they've been bringing you closer to them but lately they've just been pushing you away. if they try and start an argument over it then that's all you need to know, if they can't keep a level head around you when you express your feelings then they aren't worth the effort.

i don't know if that helps at all but i know how you feel when you just feel like you have no fucking clue how you should handle certain things that have to do with family

4. [quote name='"MarleySubs"']if it makes you feel any better mate, my immediate family on both my father and mothers side is pretty much MIA in my life. i've done nothing but try and make a presence in their lives going to visit them when i can and keeping in touch when i can't be there. But not once in all my life have they ever come to see me or come to my little corner of the world. i didn't care to much about it until i confronted them about it just a few months ago.

so my advice to you is if you truly care for them and want them in your life - tell em how you feel, don't be a dick about it just tell em calmly you feel like your whole life they've been bringing you closer to them but lately they've just been pushing you away. if they try and start an argument over it then that's all you need to know, if they can't keep a level head around you when you express your feelings then they aren't worth the effort.

i don't know if that helps at all but i know how you feel when you just feel like you have no fucking clue how you should handle certain things that have to do with family[/quote]

This ... Aha I just summarized kinda cuz im tired

5. Thanks for the replies guys. I have tried talking to them. Never gets anything productive done. And I forgot to mention that I also am trying to become closer cause I have a feeling I might not be on this earth for much longer. I don't know why. It's an eerie feeling I can't seem to shake off.

6. Honestly, this is probably the first time I've read someone on here genuinely wanting to be with their family. That, in my opinion, is a very warm and different feeling. Your grandpa sure knew how to keep family bonded. But, that's the problem. Not everyone is the same. Maybe, when your grandpa was around, they did it for his sake and didn't complain but, now that they see he's not around, they complain and are bitter ... I just hope they realize that you really want all of y'all to be together before your heart becomes bitter too. If they don't change, maybe let them be and keep fond memories of your grandpa.

Good vibes to you bro, don't let it take you down though!