Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I don't consent to any searches

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yer916, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Is it true that a police officer can't search your car if you explicitly state that you don't consent to any searches, as long as you don't have paraphenelia in plain view? Or is smell reasonable suspicion?

And say I do get pulled over during a blunt ride, if I eat the remainder of the blunt, am I essentially bulletproof from prosecution? I do understand that if a cop really wants to be a dick he can take you to a local hospital to drug test you, but what's the chance of that happening?

Personal experiences with getting pulled over during blunt rides would be helpful as well.

2. You don't consent, they get huffy, pissy, kind of like a woman PMS'n...They take your license, write down the number in the notepad, call it in...And forever harass the flyin' fuck out of you until they retire.:cool:

3. I would like to know this too, as I still have yet to get caught by anybody, whether it's family or feds.

4. I just told you what happens, they go back and call it in, as long as you are warrantless...He comes back, probably more irate than he was when he was PMS'n like a woman, gives you your license back and says "have a nice day, sir." grumble something under his breath.

And forever harass the flyin' fuck out of you until he retires, this is the natural emotional response that is characterized in such things as PMS, females, and dish cleaners.:cool:

5. Ive been in runins with the cops be for. Pretty scary actually. I was in an an empty parking lot outside my hood sparking bowls or lighting a joint with my friend ( can't remember ). we were just chilling when a car comes up and flashes its headlights at us. we see that its a cop car and just stay silent.

then the WEIRDEST thing happened. I instantly became sober. It was really crazy, because 5 seconds ago i was zooted. I throw the stuff" under my seat and proceed to takl to the cop. I come up with some bullshit like we were just chilling, i live right there and i was just abuot to take him home.

however back to the point, he asked me twice if i had "anything i shouldn't have" in my car. I firmly and calmly responded no and he eventually left and said have a good night.

6. Cops and funerals...Only two things that can sober you up in an instant, bless the dead.:cool:

7. or.......they "make up" probable cause.....

i told them no.....
    they told me tuff shit.....our supervisor is on the way and we are going to search you....
    i still said no...you have no cause.....

so when the supervisor got there......

he said..."you match the description of someone involved in a disturbance...."
    searched me without consent....and took me to jail for having enough weed to roll one.....

8. If the cop wants to be a dbag he can get around the no search thing. If you were just smoking a blunt in the car, and he can smell it thats probable enough cause.

9. I know, its really not hard to fake "probable cause."

10. u know how easy it is for the cop to say he has prob cause?? "Oh it smells like maryjuana in there" . remember that one old guy got raided becease they "smelled maryjuana" but it was a skunk living under his front porch.

11. Youre never bulletproof

12. too many variables to predict ....
    no way to cover all the bases....

13. I provide my license, proof of insurance, registration and my CCW. If they request to see my weapon I allow that because it is required for my CCW. I have never once consented to a search of my vehicle. It is a violation of my 4th Amendment right. They MUST get a warrant. I have never been "marked" by an officer by doing so. YMMV depending on how you conduct yourself.

14. Where I live in Canada cops essentially just search you and keep whatever they find, lol, I cant remember the last time someone actually got ticketed with possession or trafficking, the cops just always take it, smash their shit and peace. Which is kind of good I guess, but still annoying as it's hard to use the law to your side with a dirty cop.

I've been searched before because I was wearing a backpack (cops words exactly), which I found kind of funny, although the cops took a half o, smashed my pipe and kind of beat me up a bit because they also got my scale and I was drunk to the point of not being able to stand properly. They also took my beers, smashed my 26 (both unopened at this point, was just going to a party I think) and took a half pack of smokes. Then they took me out of my handcuffs and let me go and told me to have a good night :/

15. Its all about circumstance bro, it totally depends on where ur at, who the cop is smells, appearences etc. And these guys are right its totally easy to get around the whole "probable cause" thing. Best bet find urself a nice peaceful safe spot and enjoy ur tokes there.

16. in my situation.......(the one i described in this thread) i was walking down the sidewalk...not driving...and haddnt been smoking yet......
    i was respectful....
    have delt with cops many many times....without any trouble.....
    in many cases how you conduct yourself is everything....

but sometimes...the cops are just dicks.....

and it just so happens....that i have a fucked up seizure disorder....and during the many many blackouts that i would have ....i would fight the cops and EMTs who were trying to take me to the hospital....while i was blacked out having partial seizures.....it would take at least 12 or more of them to get me in the ambulance....and i would never remember any of it....
    so i am sure they took the opportunity to fuck with me....
    after all i have physically assaulted most of the cops in that district/area/whatever its called.....and they couldnt do anything about it.....

i have no doubts ...but also no proof that was the case.....

now on other instances...i have delt with the cops with no problems at all......just yesterday...i was walking down the road smoking a blunt....(way out in middle of nowhere.....) and a cop came ...i pinched the cherry out between my fingers when he stopped 20ft passed me and dropped it to the ground without being seen.....
    the cop got out and was very polite....asked me what i was up to walking around out here barefooted.....lmfao!!!!!
    i said hello and told him i walk out here everyday...which is true...
    he asked if i had been drinking or "drugging" i laughed a bit and said no....
    he asked if i had id.....
    and the answer for me....
    is yes but i am not allowed to hold on to it....:smoke:
    and i then get to explain about the seizures...and how i have no memory because of them.....so i live with my sister who wont let me have my id...cus i will forget where i put it and it will be lost when she actually needs it for me ....to take me to doc or hospital or whatever....
    so i give him my info....
    he is polite the whole time....
    and then even appologized to me for "bothering me" he just wanted to make sure i was ok wondering round the streets barefooted......lmfao....
    i told him he wasnt bothering me.....
    and then told him jokingly that if he had the lights on he would be bothing me...those flashing lights mite have him taking me to the hospital.......and he got uneasy....and uncomfortable like he didnt know if it was ok to laugh ...even tho i was ;):smoke:

and i was smoking a blunt when he drove by and stopped......

so yeah ...in most cases it does have everything to do with how you treat them i do agree completely.....
    but not in every case...
    and not with every cop....