I don't care what religion you are... almost

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mogwai, Oct 3, 2011.

1. I liked to think I was the open minded type who didn't give a fuck what other people believed in on their own time. But I've realized I'm not. Because you know what? Fuck Jehovah Witnesses. If you're raised one but don't really pay much thought to it, you're fine. But if you take the shit seriously... Fuck you. You'd have to be fucking retarded to fall into such a "religion"

I think it even beats Scientology in terms of stupid "religions"..

I know you guys don't like them coming to your doors... But do you really have any gripes with them that go beyond that? Or do you consider it not all that bad?

2. I honestly do not care.

3. They're all equally pointless

4. Not necessarily. Some have good philosophy behind them but you just don't see it as well because some followers don't exhibit it in their actions. Some, if followed well and with dedication, can have potential for solid members who contribute well to society. Sure, you may not agree with their religion, but there's nothing that makes them sketchy people solely based on their religion.

With Jehovah Witnesses however, their beliefs when followed with dedication DO make them sketchy people. It's a religion that makes for people who are counterproductive within society, and harmful to those around them. One could argue that all religion attempts to stop free thought, however JW seems to take it that extra mile when doing so. Openly preaching that if somebody cannot accept the same religious views that you do, you should shun them from your life entirely.

And of course, we all have heard about the sex abuse and similar crimes against women. If you're part of the religion and you get raped... You better know what's good for you and not report it to authorities, as that brings sham to the member and the organization as a whole.

Meh I could go on for a long time why JW is a counterproductive religion that does great harm to individuals and sometimes communities... And I could actually go on longer than I could for other religions. I wouldn't say it's equally as bad/pointless

5. I'm not a fan of most religion but I don't go around hating on people that have different beliefs than me. No matter how silly those beliefs seem... Everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe.

6. Even when it harms communities around them? Even when it feeds off and perpetuates feelings of low self-worth?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but just asking.

7. [quote name='"Mogwai"']
    Even when it harms communities around them? Even when it feeds off and perpetuates feelings of low self-worth?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but just asking.[/quote]

Really, religion is silly and why anyone would choose to be a part of it is beyond me. And the bible personally pisses me off, it plays on your greed and uses terrorism to reinforce it.

Sorry I'm high and rambling... If it was up to me I'd put an end to religion but I can't do that. So it's best to just leave it alone since I'm not going to change it anytime soon.

8. I feel you man. I think some religion has some kickass philosophy behind it but it still just does more harm than good. It seems like an incredibly hard drug for some people. It helps em and kills em at the same time. If I could get fairly convince people to drop religion from humanity, I would.. But I feel like it's not my place to really intervene with the beliefs of others. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna rant and ramble about them though haha, which is what this thread is

9. #9 Wolves, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    I don't care, that's why I'm atheist. I hate religion. I feel like it's just someone's excuse to have hope in something even though 90% of people take it too far.

Also when I say atheist I don't mean pure atheist. I don't believe in god but I believe in karma and whatnot.

In a nutshell can you just go over the main beliefs in the Jehovah's witness religion?

10. I'm inclined to let people believe in whatever people want to believe in

Personally, I'm further away from religion as ever in my life but, I would approve of anyone's faith

11. The Jehovah Witnesses i've met tend to be good people with good intentions, they are merely misguided, much like most religions.

12. Da fuck are ther beliefs of jehovas?