I Done Goofed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AIRchrist, Oct 25, 2015.

1. My girls have been looking really healthy until I decided to give them nutrients a couple days ago. I foolishly watered the soil and the foliage and I'm wondering if this is nutrient burn on the leaves. Any help with identifying the cause and how to correct(if possible) my mistake would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. It's probably nute burn. Can't really tell much by the pics due to the discoloration of the LED lighting. Post some pics with normal lighting and let us have a look then. If you're soil is fresh...as in it hasn't been that long since a fresh repot, it's probably nute burn. The soil should carry you for a couple weeks or more after a repot at least before you should give any nutrients. Looks like those plants are in some monster size containers. If you were concerned with slow growth and that's why you gave them nutrients, the growth is slow because it takes them a really long time to get rooted into a large container. As big as it looks and as small as your plant looks in that pic on the right, you probably won't need nutrients of any kind for weeks down the road. Always keep your containers as small as possible as you bring them up from seeds or clones to speed up the rooting in process and get the foliage back to growing again after a repot. I don't put mine into large containers until about 3 weeks before I plant to start flowering them. By the time I get to that point, they've been repotted at least 3 times and have a nice strong root ball and plant for the flower cycle. They take off like rockets when I put them under the lights for flower. TWW

3. Thanks for the fast response. The pictures are misleading because I have them planted in 2 and 3 gallon smart pots and the plants are filling them up nicely. I only gave them one shot of nutes because they were planted in the soil about 3.5 weeks ago, shortly after they sprouted. I'm using FFOF and have to water more often because I'm using smart pots so I figured I was flushing nutes in the soil faster than intended. The lighting in the pictures does make it hard to tell, but there are brown spots on some of the lower leaves.

4. Take a pic without lights dude. You may have more on your plate than nute burn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk