I do not know what to do with my life

Discussion in 'General' started by Stoogemeister, May 11, 2010.

1. If you enjoy cooking, don't become a chef. It's an almost sure-fire way to ruin your passion. It's a shitty lifestyle; you work when everyone else is playing. The pay sucks in 99% of the cases, even for talented chefs, and the hours are atrocious.

Going abstract, nobody knows what the fuck to do with their life. The trick is realizing you don't have to. In the meantime, pay the bills. If you get hooked up to some degree with financial aid, take a few courses. You don't have to go full-time. Just try to spark an interest, with particular attention paid to math and science.

The only mainstream consideration I'll reiterate is that the ability to do medium-high to high-level math is slowly but surely turning into the one tool that separates the educated middle class from the upper-middle and beyond. If you can do math, all the high paying mainstream careers are very real possibilities.

2. Go into a career where you can set your own hours to an extent or pick a job you will actually enjoy doing from 9-5. I don't know what that is for you, to me its working in finance/investing for you its probably vastly different.

3. grow dope?
    im doin the same thing. same program. same type of school. thats my solution for staying occupied. the good thing about a cook is you can take all kinds of shifts so you can work at night and rock out during the day or vice versa

4. i think this guy is wrong, i think you should only do cooking if it is your passion or you enjoy it a lot, because if you dont then it will quickly take its toll on you, it can be a lot of work but it is rewarding. as for the hours, they are not that bad, there are plenty of chef jobs were you can get weekends off and work 9-5 give or take. the pay isnt as good as other jobs but it's enough to live, i mean i can have a car, a roof over my head, food, clothes, an ipod, computer, xbox 360 and a grow op. THATS ALL I NEED IN LIFE :hello::smoking: