Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I didn't get caught, but I got caught.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by noahluv, Sep 27, 2011.

1. So here's the story.
    I was having trouble with a class at my college so I decided to drop it because I was really behind and didn't want it to show up on my transcript.
    So then I told my parents and said that I would pay them back for the tuition fee and I was sorry and yadayada...

Their response.

-They made me take my bong, pipe, and weed out to the trash.
    -I will be drug tested, not only for weed, but for other drugs cos they don't trust me.
    -I will have to pay for these tests ($37 each) and will be doing them often.
    -If I don't comply I will be kicked out of the house.

Kind of fucked up, I think, but whatever. They also asked if I wanted counseling to help out with my problem and I was like, um, I don't have a problem, I'm not self destructive or anything I just smoked weed a few times a week.
    My mom is currently in AA after being an addict to pills since my brother was 1 year old, and she was on meth and other things when she was younger.

I have never even thought about doing that stuff. Fuck her.

Anyway I think I'm gonna move out soon. Looking for a better job so I can actually support myself. Idk what's gonna happen with school but I hope I can keep going.

Idk I just felt like telling my story of right now

2. So all that cuz you dropped one class?

3. How old are you?
    Just get your own place.

That sucks though man, best of luck

4. damn that's grimy!

5. Wow. Usually people are exaggerating heavily when they say fuck their parents, but that's ridiculous. Hope it all works out.

6. Guess its time to get a job and move out.

7. I would not comply to such ludicrous requests...let them kick you out. fuck that.

8. yeah cus he probly has a mansion with all expenses paid waitin for him eh?

9. To quote Val Kilmer quoting Jim Morrison, "Kill your father."

Metaphorically, I mean

10. I don't see how you let this happen if your over 18, move the fuck out. Don't be treated like a dam child just MOVE OUT. Live at a friends worst case scenario.

11. #11 Dylan789, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    Easier said than done. What past generations don't realize is that current(and future) generations don't have the freedom(/capability) to move out as soon as they're an adult. Hence the economic situation in the States: many people were given housing loans that they would never be able to pay off; years later, BAM economy crashes, and millions are homeless, jobless, and saying to themselves "but I had a house, car, and job, how could this happen?" The answer is simple, don't move out before you:
    a) have a job
    b) have done the math and are sure you can support both rent(assuming its an apartment), any bills that come in, food, and a back up 'emergency fund' when something goes wrong.

Please don't tell "new" adults to get a job and move out; because that isn't a likely scenario in the majority of the populations life. Think about it, when my dad was eighteen, (lets say around 32 years ago), he was able to move out and support himself off a shitty job. These days? lets see you make a decent living off a nine dollar/hour job at a young age; lets be real here, without post-secondary education, or illegal means, you will be working a shitty job.

My advice to the OP: prove to your parents that you are responsible, prove that you are not a drug addict, and show them that marijuana does not ruin lives as many past generations were misinformed as a "scare tactic." If your parents have respect for you, they'll treat you with respect and stop being so unreasonable.

Sorry for the long reply.

*edit* To clear up confusion: what I am saying is that current and future generations are plagued with the financial restrictions of moving out; I am not including those individuals who stay at home as a way to leech of their parents wealth.

12. parents like that suck, i know first hand...

just do what you gotta do to get the fuck out, trust me

13. That's kinda sucky but let me get this straight, your in college... paid for by your parents. You also live in your parents house, probably rent free. And.... you have a job that can't support you? It's your parents house, if you don't like the rules then leave. I wish I had it that easy when I was in college, damn!

I know that sounds rude but maybe it's time to move on to that next step in life, supporting yourself. Stop blaming your parents, they obviously care about your future or they wouldn't be providing you with an education and they wouldn't be trying to prevent you from making the mistakes your mom made early on. Just sayin ...

14. you really probably shouldnt be smoking weed if you cant even keep up in school. it will only hurt you lmao

15. Only thing I think is BS is them making you pay for drug tests that they are making you take.

16. Lmao, so glad I've never had a mom like this.

17. I missed the first day of class because my city was evacuated that day because of an explosion threat. The teacher refused to answer questions if it was explained somewhere on the school website which she constantly complained about being flawed. I definitely could have worked a little harder, but she was also a shitty teacher.

And yeah my plan right now is to move out when I can. Idk how that's all gonna work out though... we'll see.

18. If you are less than 2 months into college and you fall behind in a class then you are not trying hard enough and I'm more than positive the weed had something to do with it. Grow up and get your priorities in order.

19. Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear.

I didn't start smoking weed til after I moved out, so I can't imagine the added worries of parents and whatnot. I doubt my mom would kick me out, since she's done it before, but I know she wouldn't want me doing it around my youngest brother. I might have to move back in soon because, y'know, End of Times approaching and stuff. So I might have to save up for a good amount and watch the dark clouds roll on in. I don't think my mom'll mind, if I keep it from her :p

20. you guys really need to shut the fuck up with the move out shit. its almost impossible to support yourself with a 8 bucks an hour job.