Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I didn't decarb my weed

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Tomrex, Feb 18, 2019.

1. So, I infused about 5g of bud with two sticks of butter, but I didnt decarb it. My question is, will the decarb process still take place if I use the butter to bake with? so lets say I make brownies, the decarb process should still happen in the oven right?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Well it will be weak but you may get a bit of a buzz but definitely nowhere near what you would get if decarbed.Now if you had put a fine powdered bud not decarbed in the mix then that's a different story.Lesson learned.:D

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. You wont get high. It happens. A good decarb is 240*F for 40 minutes, its the sweet sopt.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. it was very fine grind with a lot of crystals.so that would make a difference?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. When you prepped the cannabutter, the heating process would have given you a slight decarb- If you then cooked the brownies long enough and hot enough, you should decarb them more. I know a guy that always adds the powdered flowers to his cannabutter, though others says that can cause stomach distress

6. It doesn't work like that dude lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Just decarb it now...like stated above: 240*F for 40 minute.....then use it in your edibles...

8. #8 BrassNwood, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Not so much.
    Decarb always. 240 F for 40 minutes.
    Grind to dust. The more like flour the better.
    [​IMG]

That is all the butter-oil you need.
    Adding a 1/2 teaspoon of lecithin will double the strength.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Infusing done.
    Can eat some directly or cook with it as you'd like.
    Start with a rice grain size blob.

If cooking add the finished canna oil to the rest of the oil your dish calls for and blend well. Add dry ingredients and cook at normal times and temps.

This gives the best, most repeatable canna edibles IMO.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2